Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 05-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW, Mercedes, Ford
I have not had a single issue on mine, I love it and I would do it all over again. Yes it does have a few blinks upon start up but it blinks tops 2 seconds, no big deal.

"Age is but a statistic that has no relevance to enjoyment of horsepower"
Old 05-21-2012, 08:48 AM

Mein Auto: 09 335Cabrio zsp/11 335d
Great car collection. Like em all. N4S
Old 05-21-2012, 08:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 528xi
Error "Right daytime running /Parking lamp!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMLAMBO View Post
I have not had a single issue on mine, I love it and I would do it all over again. Yes it does have a few blinks upon start up but it blinks tops 2 seconds, no big deal.

The Blinking stopped after a few times on Saturday. Yesterday didn't drive the car. I still get the error coding on my idrive. And With it set to Auto, the driver side angel eyes didn't turn on. I turned them the lights off off and then they came back on. I'm waiting for Alex to reply to my message i left him today. He said on Saturday he would one way he would take care of it. Something is wrong. To me it either it works or it doesn't
Old 05-21-2012, 08:49 PM

Last night I turned on my lights to see how long it blinks, not more than 1-1.5 seconds tops.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:08 PM
BMW rocks!

Mein Auto: 2013 750I M
Any aftermarket HID might have problem, I have done a lot of HID conversions to my previous cars, headlights, fog lights, some last forever, some burned out within days.

BTW, just found out H8 is same as H11, and I had 2 sets I bought before for spare/replacement. But since I sold my last car and thought I have no use of the H11s, I sold them dirty cheap ( 40.00 each ). What a

mistake!

2013 750i M, 2014 X1

Last edited by Individual750LI; 05-22-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:05 AM
RocknDoc

Mein Auto: 2012 F02 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by giarC71 View Post
The Blinking stopped after a few times on Saturday. Yesterday didn't drive the car. I still get the error coding on my idrive. And With it set to Auto, the driver side angel eyes didn't turn on. I turned them the lights off off and then they came back on. I'm waiting for Alex to reply to my message i left him today. He said on Saturday he would one way he would take care of it. Something is wrong. To me it either it works or it doesn't
I had a similar error problem and lights not coming on with the first kit I ordered but Alex was quick to replace the harness and have had no issues since. I'm sure he's just busier now than he use to be due to all the publicity on these great kits! Give him some time to make it right...

Old 05-27-2012, 08:26 AM

Sadly my right side Angel eyes don't work at all. For the past 1 week it has been going on and off and today it is just dead. I can't be asked to contact Alex because I traded in my car for the 640i which I am picking up next weekend. Also before I bought them from Alex, he was very quick to reply my emails but after getting them, I probably got 1 reply for every 5-6 repeated emails to him asking him to sell me another set of bulbs just in case what I have were to give way. In a way it's good he didn't reply because I won't be having any use for them now.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Guess it's a good thing I procrastinated when it came to ordering these.

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue
Old 05-28-2012, 07:49 PM

Well guess what guys, today both lights are working. My wife tells me I'm the only one with mood swings. Looks like my lights also has mood swings.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:47 AM
David

Mein Auto: E63 M6 & E92 335i
I ordered these bulbs nearly a month ago and have yet to receive them, or a tracking number for that matter. A few days after ordering I emailed Alex and asked when I could expect them to be shipped and if I could get a tracking number. I got no reply so I just decided to wait a week or so and see if they would come.

I have had a lot going on with work and a death in the family, so unfortunately I have not had time to repeatedly email Alex over a $180 pair of light bulbs. I finally got the chance to write him on Sunday requesting info on when the bulbs would be shipped or a tracking number and again no reply.

Today I emailed him again for a final time. If I don't hear back I will be forced to dispute the charges with my credit card company. My hopes are that the bulbs do arrive and are as good as other members testimonies, but to be honest I have all but lost hope in them being delivered.

Nonetheless I would expect better customer service.

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Member: BMWCCA #471614
Old 06-07-2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post
I ordered these bulbs nearly a month ago and have yet to receive them, or a tracking number for that matter. A few days after ordering I emailed Alex and asked when I could expect them to be shipped and if I could get a tracking number. I got no reply so I just decided to wait a week or so and see if they would come.

I have had a lot going on with work and a death in the family, so unfortunately I have not had time to repeatedly email Alex over a $180 pair of light bulbs. I finally got the chance to write him on Sunday requesting info on when the bulbs would be shipped or a tracking number and again no reply.

Today I emailed him again for a final time. If I don't hear back I will be forced to dispute the charges with my credit card company. My hopes are that the bulbs do arrive and are as good as other members testimonies, but to be honest I have all but lost hope in them being delivered.

Nonetheless I would expect better customer service.
I know exactly how you feel because I emailed him so many times wanting to give him more business(to buy extra bulbs) but no replies.Easily sent him 5 emails with no replies over a period of a few weeks.
Also the right side was slightly brighter than the left so thought might as well get an extra set in case the one's he sent me blows but no replies.
So much for customer service. He can be busy whatsoever, to me this is very unprofessional. I have had times in my business when replying emails becomes a chore but I always put my clients first because it's what help puts food on our table.
You know what irritates me is that he was so quick to reply my emails before ordering the kit but after placing an order, no emails replies at all. Anyway I have already sold the car and will never use him or recommend his products to anyone.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:33 AM
David

Mein Auto: E63 M6 & E92 335i
I have to agree with everything you have said, Sam. The funny thing is that I mentioned in one of my earlier emails that I was a member of bimmerfest.com as well as M6board.com and that I looked forward to posting pictures on both boards. To my knowledge no one has used the bulbs on M6board and yet there is a huge demand; this could have brought a lot of business.

If I do receive the bulbs the quality seems to speak for itself. As such I will most likely still share my pictures, but at this point I would be unable to recommend them without mentioning the lack of customer service.

At this point my issue is that I do not believe I will be receiving the bulbs.

On a more positive note I noticed in another thread that you had traded in your 7 for the new 6er. Congratulations and enjoy in good health. The new 6er is absolutely stunning.

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Member: BMWCCA #471614
Old 06-07-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post
I have to agree with everything you have said, Sam. The funny thing is that I mentioned in one of my earlier emails that I was a member of bimmerfest.com as well as M6board.com and that I looked forward to posting pictures on both boards. To my knowledge no one has used the bulbs on M6board and yet there is a huge demand; this could have brought a lot of business.

If I do receive the bulbs the quality seems to speak for itself. As such I will most likely still share my pictures, but at this point I would be unable to recommend them without mentioning the lack of customer service.

At this point my issue is that I do not believe I will be receiving the bulbs.

On a more positive note I noticed in another thread that you had traded in your 7 for the new 6er. Congratulations and enjoy in good health. The new 6er is absolutely stunning.
Thank you. I am loving the 6 and putting on the ACS kit. You can see photos this weekend posted in the 6 section.
The bulbs were working perfectly fine till the last few weeks where the right side would just work at times. Good thing I sold of the car otherwise I'd be breaking my head today as to what to do. There is no backup here for the alpinemms bulbs and I would have only Alex to rely on.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:25 PM

Mein Auto: E60
I bought a set of those HID kit back in Feb, earlier this year, had them installed in March. Shortly after the installation, one side of the lights is always off. I emailed Alex about the issue, he suggested to check the connections which I did. Since the connections were prettystraight forward, so I couldn't find any problems there. He then told me it might be the ballast issue and promised to send me a new set of kit on 4/23. I sent him a number of email asking about what's going on with the order. However, I still haven't not receieved the lights nor have I heard a word from him ever since.

Like Sam said, he was extremely quick in responding mails before the purchase. I called him too, but it was just vocie mail. It probably cost less than $20to make these kit, he really provide better services considering the amount of profit made.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M54 View Post
I bought a set of those HID kit back in Feb, earlier this year, had them installed in March. Shortly after the installation, one side of the lights is always off. I emailed Alex about the issue, he suggested to check the connections which I did. Since the connections were prettystraight forward, so I couldn't find any problems there. He then told me it might be the ballast issue and promised to send me a new set of kit on 4/23. I sent him a number of email asking about what's going on with the order. However, I still haven't not receieved the lights nor have I heard a word from him ever since.

Like Sam said, he was extremely quick in responding mails before the purchase. I called him too, but it was just vocie mail. It probably cost less than $20to make these kit, he really provide better services considering the amount of profit made.
So much for customer service, guess he's a 1 man show, oh well at least now we know.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:28 AM
BMW rocks!

I guess I lucky I haven't ordered them, now I'm not.

2013 750i M, 2014 X1
Old 06-11-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Individual750LI View Post
I guess I lucky I haven't ordered them, now I'm not.
Maybe I'm one of the few unlucky one's. It did look good while it worked. Best of luck.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:45 AM
BMW rocks!

It will look stupid with one side on and one side off, I don't wanna put in something that I will always GUESS if it's working or not.

2013 750i M, 2014 X1
Old 06-12-2012, 01:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 Active Hybrid 7
H11 and H8 are really the SAME thing?? If that's true...then it makes finding and getting good quality (German or Japanese) bright white (not fake blue or "rainbowy") bulbs for our non-LED Corona Rings!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 04:10 PM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
we have a new F01 H8 angel eye solution! stay tuned!
Old 06-12-2012, 05:31 PM
BMW rocks!

H11 and H8 are the same!

E92-lighting, please come out with a perfect product soon! I really hate the yellowish PIAA I had now. I think LED solution will be better than HID system since a good set is almost bullet proof.

I just checked your website and there is no specific product for F01, and options you have is dazzling. Just tell us which one to get!

2013 750i M, 2014 X1

Last edited by Individual750LI; 06-12-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:07 AM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Individual750LI View Post
H11 and H8 are the same!

E92-lighting, please come out with a perfect product soon! I really hate the yellowish PIAA I had now. I think LED solution will be better than HID system since a good set is almost bullet proof.

I just checked your website and there is no specific product for F01, and options you have is dazzling. Just tell us which one to get!
PM sent! cheers
Old 06-16-2012, 09:23 PM

Great Customer Service

I want to commend Alex from Alpinemss. I originally ordered a set of the angel eyes and license plate bulbs back in late April. It took a while for the shipment, plus I had to travel about an hour to a friends to help me get them installed. Once I installed, I had problems with an error code (right daytime running lamp) the lights would flicker like turn signals. But Alex was patient with me and fixed my problem sending me a flash drive and cable to connect to my car via internet. He reset my codes and now I've been error free for 2 days. Alex came thru and really gave great customer support. He took the time to fix the problem. Thanks again. I appreciate the Hard work and determination.

Craig
Old 06-16-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giarC71 View Post
I want to commend Alex from Alpinemss. I originally ordered a set of the angel eyes and license plate bulbs back in late April. It took a while for the shipment, plus I had to travel about an hour to a friends to help me get them installed. Once I installed, I had problems with an error code (right daytime running lamp) the lights would flicker like turn signals. But Alex was patient with me and fixed my problem sending me a flash drive and cable to connect to my car via internet. He reset my codes and now I've been error free for 2 days. Alex came thru and really gave great customer support. He took the time to fix the problem. Thanks again. I appreciate the Hard work and determination.

Craig
Lucky you.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:54 PM

Lights are working great now!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Bimmer App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1340337220993.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	49.1 KB