Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW i3 / i8 / ActiveE

BMW i3 / i8 / ActiveE
Are you excited about the upcoming BMW i3 or i8? Interested in learning more about the BMW ActiveE? This is the place for you!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
BMW i8 for Newly Minted Facebook Billionaires

BMW i8 for Facebook billionaries

The BMW i8 has made CNN Money's list of cars for those that cashed in big on their Facebook stock options. While the BMW i8 is not yet out CNN speculates that its combination of technology and performance would fit in well at the social media company.

Quote:
Facebook's corporate ethos reportedly shuns overt displays of wealth. CEO Mark Zuckerberg works in a t-shirt and plastic sandals. He drives an Acura TSX similar to the one shown here, which starts at just over $30,000. While it's not exactly a "plastic sandals" car -- that would be a Nissan Versa -- it's not Bruno Magli, either.

We're guessing a Facebook employee will want to drive something that shows an interest in the latest technology along with proper respect for the environment. If a car happens to be outrageously expensive, that can be excused if it at least appeals strongly to the "green" and/or "geeky" style.
The BMW i8 is BMW's all new all carbon fiber hybrid that show's off the companies ability to adapt to green technologies and is a bit of a show piece for them. You might recognize the i8 from the Hollywood blockbuster Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol. Powered by the i3's electric drivetrain at the front and a high-performance three-cylinder engine at the back gives the i8 0-60 times under 5 seconds with extreme gas mileage. We're expecting the i8 in showrooms sometime in 2014.

See the complete list of recommended Facebook billionaire cars at money.CNN.com

If you just cashed in your Facebook stock for millions or billions would you buy an i8?
Advertisement