Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 05-24-2012, 09:03 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiggs View Post
I would be interested, but I'm a track junky my M is not really a daily. From the sounds of it that's not really what your looking for. O well. Good luck.
Track Junkies should look into ST or KW.
5654 E. Westover #112
Fresno, CA 93727
1-888-230-1288
Old 05-24-2012, 09:34 AM
is the man™

Mein Auto: Fast Ones
You have to be joking with the ST comment.... KW V3s and clubsports yes, V1s and V2s not a chance.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:36 PM
hookersandblow

Send a message via AIM to Moeman10
Mein Auto: 1992 325is
Honestly, If you're going for "budget" performance coils, you need to offer a better product, with more adjustability and better spring rates...

Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petriej View Post
You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1994 318is
Send a set to Australia for free and ill test and review them. Big market here to break into

Old 05-29-2012, 10:40 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman10 View Post
Honestly, If you're going for "budget" performance coils, you need to offer a better product, with more adjustability and better spring rates...

Just my opinion.
What lowering range and spring rate would you be interested in?
5654 E. Westover #112
Fresno, CA 93727
1-888-230-1288
Old 05-29-2012, 12:36 PM

Mein Auto: E36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGerman View Post
Hmmm... This thread has received some interesting "edits"...
I predicted that would happen in one of my posts. If this forum works as most do, the posts with proof of what was said about Kris and how she lies to customers is still viewable by the forum staff. They can review the links I posted and see what I said was true.

Also, I got some Private Messages from other members here, providing more links to other threads about Kris and The Suspension Source. If this is a forum where you are allowed to give honest reviews and insight about a vendor, then I will post them.

This post will get deleted too I am sure, seems like "good" reviews for her products isn't the only thing Kris buys.

tAnd to those that sent me messages, thank you, and I do understand why you won't post them yourself, I know how it goes.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny M View Post
I predicted that would happen in one of my posts. If this forum works as most do, the posts with proof of what was said about Kris and how she lies to customers is still viewable by the forum staff. They can review the links I posted and see what I said was true.

Also, I got some Private Messages from other members here, providing more links to other threads about Kris and The Suspension Source. If this is a forum where you are allowed to give honest reviews and insight about a vendor, then I will post them.

This post will get deleted too I am sure, seems like "good" reviews for her products isn't the only thing Kris buys.

tAnd to those that sent me messages, thank you, and I do understand why you won't post them yourself, I know how it goes.
If you use the search you will see your posts were simply moved to the correct forum. We don't allow thread jacking/trashing. Not an unreasonable request if you as me.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=623806

Keep this thread on topic from here on out please.

Tim
Old 05-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Sometimes Out To Lunch!!!

Mein Auto: 1993 318i 1994 325i 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris@TSS View Post
This is interesting....I wonder why you never responded to my post a few post back....Good Luck!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 11:18 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Fly View Post
This is interesting....I wonder why you never responded to my post a few post back....Good Luck!!!!
You said you do a lot of SCCA stuff and we recommend ST or KW for that type of driving.

I was merely asking for future development purposes.
5654 E. Westover #112
Fresno, CA 93727
1-888-230-1288
Old 05-30-2012, 11:49 AM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesin View Post
From the looks alone, they appear identical to Racelands. Kris, what are the spring rates? What level of sustainability is there? What are the ride heights adjustable from and to?

If all these are is Racelands in a different colour, I honestly can't see the justification for the differing price. If they are something special, what are the differences? How do they differ from your own ST suspensions coilovers? Is it just materials? If so, what grade materials are used in these new ones?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Fly View Post

Quote:
You said you do a lot of SCCA stuff and we recommend ST or KW for that type of driving.

I was merely asking for future development purposes.
I had asked first post of page 2 also.

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 05-30-2012, 01:47 PM
hookersandblow

Send a message via AIM to Moeman10
Mein Auto: 1992 325is
I paid the same that you're asking, and I have 450/fr and progressive 550's in the rear, They also have a lowering range of 1.2-3.0 in.

Simply put, unless you can beat that I'm not really interested. Otherwise I'd gladly take a set and give you an honest review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petriej View Post
You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house!
Old 05-30-2012, 04:02 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman10 View Post
I paid the same that you're asking, and I have 450/fr and progressive 550's in the rear, They also have a lowering range of 1.2-3.0 in.

Simply put, unless you can beat that I'm not really interested. Otherwise I'd gladly take a set and give you an honest review.
What aspect of the information you supplied did you want us to "beat?" The lowering ranges & spring rates are listed on our website and above.

Does the product you purchased offer you any kind of satisfaction guarantee? Or are you stuck with it once you install it? That alone is a difference that should tell you we stand behind our products.

We aren't aiming to "Change" the suspension world as we know it with these coilovers.
The whole purpose of our products are to offer a low cost alternative to spring/strut replacements, cup kits etc..... We never aimed to build a "performance" coilover setup which is why we don't offer different spring rates and that's we left them non-adjustable with factory style top mounts.

For "performance" coilover setups we recommend KW in some cases ST. If you would like info on those kits please let me know.
5654 E. Westover #112
Fresno, CA 93727
1-888-230-1288
Old 05-30-2012, 04:21 PM
I6 feels good

Mein Auto: POS
Quote:
What aspect of the information you supplied did you want us to "beat?" The lowering ranges & spring rates are listed on our website and above.

Does the product you purchased offer you any kind of satisfaction guarantee? Or are you stuck with it once you install it? That alone is a difference that should tell you we stand behind our products.

We aren't aiming to "Change" the suspension world as we know it with these coilovers.
The whole purpose of our products are to offer a low cost alternative to spring/strut replacements, cup kits etc..... We never aimed to build a "performance" coilover setup which is why we don't offer different spring rates and that's we left them non-adjustable with factory style top mounts.

For "performance" coilover setups we recommend KW in some cases ST. If you would like info on those kits please let me know.
This is truly understandable, but if these aren't performance coilovers without a variety of spring rates and dampening adjustability(don't know if they are yet) why bother buying from you guys if racelands/rokkors for equal or less then what you're asking!

On top of that raceland is really well known company in a variety of different car enthusiasts, I currently have them on my Tiburon, not saying your product is bad or equal to their quality or anyone else's coilovers but we need more info on where they're coming from...

I understand you want somebody to buy the product for a discount for a full review but remember, that person has to buy the product, install it, drive for at least 100-200 miles on them and take their time to write down a review, I'm sorry but I don't think that's worth a 100 dollar discount...

Any other company will take your item for free and charge you for testing it...

Last edited by B_Rad_M3; 05-30-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Warm Leatherette

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 328is
Argh. Lets allow this thread to die.

1998 BMW 328is
1966 Pontiac GTO
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
For sale: E30/E36 front sway links
For sale: OEM E36 328 catback
Old 05-30-2012, 04:53 PM

Mein Auto: a car
If you are so confident that your customer will be satisfied with your new product, maybe you should find a well respected member of the forum and GIVE them a set to test and review. You guys do giveaways at the show, whats the difference? I know I wouldn't be willing to pay you $500 + shipping, go through the trouble of installing them and HOPE that they are as good as you claim they are. If they aren't, I'd then have to go through the trouble of uninstalling them and shipping them back to you (at my cost no doubt) and hopefully getting the full $500 back. At that point I'd still be out how much in shipping? too much. You're asking a customer to take all the risk in this situation and at the very most, they get $100 discount? No thanks.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Warm Leatherette

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 328is
Let it die....

1998 BMW 328is
1966 Pontiac GTO
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
For sale: E30/E36 front sway links
For sale: OEM E36 328 catback