Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 A5
ED customization...M performance products an option?

Prolly been covered multiple times, but does anyone know if it's possible to place an order for ED on a new M3 and request the black GTS style rims in lieu of the silver ones that come with the regular competition package? I'd love to be able to order the car pre-fabbed w/ carbon splitters as well up front, but I'm guessing the answer is still no. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Not ED specific but several years ago when I ordered my old 545 I wanted to switch wheels and was completely willing to pay the difference in price. Was told no way, would have to order the wheels and have them put on after the car was delivered. Unless things have changed, I doubt you'll have a lot of luck on the wheels though perhaps someone will correct me. As for the CF splitters, also a post-delivery addition though I have heard of them being added at the VPC, once the car reaches the states...
Old 05-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2015 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjemmy View Post
Prolly been covered multiple times, but does anyone know if it's possible to place an order for ED on a new M3 and request the black GTS style rims in lieu of the silver ones that come with the regular competition package? I'd love to be able to order the car pre-fabbed w/ carbon splitters as well up front, but I'm guessing the answer is still no. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
Yes you can -black wheels as well as black grills, black gills, black exhaust tips, splitters, rear spoiler- via Individual. I was offered all of those when I did my M3 ED last year, but I chose an Individual interior instead.

Your dealer should know what to do, if it does not then look for another.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:15 AM

Thanks so much for the input!

Unfortunately, the one local dealer I've talked to didn't seem to have a clue about ordering those on the car nor did they really show any interest in helping me with an ED. They summarily tried to dissuade me from doing ED altogether and tried to sell me on the one 2012 M3 coupe they had left on the lot with none of the options I had expressed interest in (this, of course, was after trying to tell me that ED "wouldn't really save me any money because of 'dealer fees' they had to assess upon delivery). Needless to say, I won't ever be purchasing a car from them...lol
Old 05-31-2012, 06:12 AM

Mein Auto: Hope to get F10
Go with a board sponsor, Adrian from South Atlanta BMW or Ryan from Thomas BMW...
Old 05-31-2012, 06:23 AM

Mein Auto: Soon to be M3
Quote:

Cheers!
WHen I asked if I could get the M-Performance exhaust, they said it wouldn't be on there for the ED but they would install it at the port in the VDC when it was redelivered. Don't know how accurate that is, but it came from a board sponsor...
Old 05-31-2012, 09:10 AM
MPowered RPh

Mein Auto: '11 M3 Comp & '12 528Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxguru View Post
WHen I asked if I could get the M-Performance exhaust, they said it wouldn't be on there for the ED but they would install it at the port in the VDC when it was redelivered. Don't know how accurate that is, but it came from a board sponsor...
This is correct - I added the blacked out grills and all Carbon Fiber trim as well as the M Performance Exhaust - They were not installed for the ED. The VDC installed the exhaust and mirror caps, the dealer did the splitters and rear spoiler. (My ED was handled by the greatest CA in Texas - Santiago at Classic BMW)

'12 528i xDrive/Mohave/Beige/Premium/gadgets

'11 M3 - Coupe/Space Gray/Black/Aluminum/Comp/Conv/Cold/Prem2/CF all around
Old 06-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Z4 M coupe, F07 550i GT

Mein Auto: Z4MCoupe, 550 GT, 840Ci
So, if you choose M Performance interior trim pieces, what happens to the original trim pieces if the M Performance is installed at the VPC? Do the original pieces arrive with the car? You paid for them, after all. And, you paid additional for the M Performance trim pieces (since the car couldn't be spec'd out that way from the factory).
Old 06-11-2012, 02:12 AM
Fight On!

Mein Auto: BMW M3, Z4 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by masti99 View Post
Go with a board sponsor, Adrian from South Atlanta BMW or Ryan from Thomas BMW...
I love Ryan, but Steve Thomas isn't a board sponsor (unless I missed it). I think you are thinking about the other (i.e. inferior) board.

I think you meant Jon S from BMW of SB, the board founder

BMW CCA Member #xx4477
2006 Z4 M Coupe (e86) 6MT
2013 M3 Coupe (e92) 6MT
Old 06-11-2012, 02:16 AM
Fight On!

Mein Auto: BMW M3, Z4 M Coupe
Quote:
Thanks so much for the input!

Unfortunately, the one local dealer I've talked to didn't seem to have a clue about ordering those on the car nor did they really show any interest in helping me with an ED. They summarily tried to dissuade me from doing ED altogether and tried to sell me on the one 2012 M3 coupe they had left on the lot with none of the options I had expressed interest in (this, of course, was after trying to tell me that ED "wouldn't really save me any money because of 'dealer fees' they had to assess upon delivery). Needless to say, I won't ever be purchasing a car from them...lol
Not surprised. There isn't a single BMW dealer in SD that can manage a ED well (trust me, I tried). Luckily, if you are willing to drive a little to other dealers in Southern California, there are a few good ones. If you need help with choosing a competent ED dealer or want referrals, feel free to PM me.

BMW CCA Member #xx4477
2006 Z4 M Coupe (e86) 6MT
2013 M3 Coupe (e92) 6MT
Old 06-11-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
Not surprised. There isn't a single BMW dealer in SD that can manage a ED well (trust me, I tried). Luckily, if you are willing to drive a little to other dealers in Southern California, there are a few good ones. If you need help with choosing a competent ED dealer or want referrals, feel free to PM me.
I trust and value your opinion not only as a fellow San Diegan and 'fest member, but also as a fellow Trojan
Old 06-14-2012, 03:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 E92 M3
For my ED I ordered the M Perf Exhaust, Splitters, and M Perf Steering Wheel when
I went in to sign the contract.
All the accessories will be installed at the port. I dont get to keep the original parts
and I dont really care.

Hope this helps.

European Delivery: June 25, 2012
Old 06-14-2012, 10:44 PM
MPowered RPh

Mein Auto: '11 M3 Comp & '12 528Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by uter View Post
So, if you choose M Performance interior trim pieces, what happens to the original trim pieces if the M Performance is installed at the VPC? Do the original pieces arrive with the car? You paid for them, after all. And, you paid additional for the M Performance trim pieces (since the car couldn't be spec'd out that way from the factory).
The VDC kept the exhaust and the mirror caps. (I knew these were installed at the VDC because my SA took pictures of the car when it was off loaded from the transport truck, and you can clearly see the exhaust and the C/F mirror caps on the car.) When I took delivery, the original grills and the rear spoiler were in the trunk along with both German Plates. Santiago handled the tinting, grill changeout, C/F rear spoiler and C/F Splitters at the dealership. The VDC also had removed the clips that held the safety triangle.

In the picture that Santiago SMS'ed to me, you can see the M-Exhaust and the C/F mirror caps, so they were VDC'ed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	411.7 KB
ID:	329279   Click image for larger version

Name:	After.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	423.4 KB
ID:	329280   Click image for larger version

Name:	Unload.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	330.9 KB
ID:	329283  

'12 528i xDrive/Mohave/Beige/Premium/gadgets

'11 M3 - Coupe/Space Gray/Black/Aluminum/Comp/Conv/Cold/Prem2/CF all around

Last edited by stonemik; 06-14-2012 at 10:55 PM.