Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A car
yesterday was a horrible day...

So yesterday I was busy, busy, BUSY... car went into the dealer for some minor work - foglight, cupholder is sticking on passenger side, windshield wiper judder despite getting new blades less than 2 weeks ago, parking brake adjustment as it isn't holding like I want it to - minor stuff, but enough to make it a warranty day worthwhile...

so I get a 2011 328i x-drive service loaner - nice car, but it is going to be fairly idle with only a short errand to run - the day got REALLY busy with changes to prices and imagery from a supplier - rush to get that done, puts me behind on the other stuff I had to do...

Meanwhile - I was called and told my car is ready... so I head out to get my 5'er - and I remember there are roadworks on the back-road I take, so I head down a busy US highway towards town - I hate this road, it is busy and it is now "rush hour" .. and the light changes against me... I leisurely stop behind a Toyota SUV - ... SCREEEECH... the woman behind me hits her brakes before hitting me in the rear... airbag lights go off - no airbag deployment though - and I stand on the brakes so I am able to prevent myself rear-ending the SUV in front (I have a habit of leaving 8-12 feet between me and the car in front and I needed all but 6 inches of that to avoid the impact).

The vehicle that hits me is a Lexus RX330 SUV - a youngish woman - tells me it is her mom's car... oops.

So I'm in shock sort of - I call the dealer because they're about to close... and I realize that my insurance details are NOT with me - they're in my jockey box of my 5'er at the dealer - and were NOT printed on the temporary rental agreement...

So we call the PD - a cruiser comes by and he's all fussy about me not having my paperwork... so call the dealer - they fetch my paperwork and call me with the policy.. meanwhile I found an insurance slip in my wallet that is "current" - but shows my old car... this gets the police officer off my case - thank goodness.

So after about an hour of waiting around (heck knows why it took so long) - I am given a piece of paper and head off to the dealer to give them back their service loan with a license plate imprint from a Lexus in the rear - and get my 5'er back...

Well... 1/2 mile down the road I apply the brakes and I feel a judder - let off the brakes and the judder is still there - coast round the corner I braked for, and the judder remains.... fnck... 5'er is "not right"... so I call the dealer back (they're closing REALLY shortly) - and tell them ... my car is messed up, I'm driving it VERY CAREFULLY back to them... I have no choice, it is juddering under normal driving at even lowish speed (20+ you notice it - 30 and it is going to make you sea-sick).

Into a DIFFERENT service loaner and awaiting news of how the collision is being handled - and how my 5'er is "not right"... ho-hum...

Surely today can only get better...

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Advertisement