Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F10 M5 (2012 - Current)

F10 M5 (2012 - Current)
The count down is on. The BMW M5 F10 will be released on April 1st, 2011!

Old 05-29-2012, 07:06 PM
ICH LIEBE BMW!!!!

Send a message via Skype™ to mwagner1
Mein Auto: it has four wheels
Citrin Black exterior...opinions??

Hey all...the Individual color Citrin Black is sort of growing on me...I know that the BYO is the least reliable indicator of a car's color (another Individual color I love that is available for the M6 is called Rubinschwartz Metallic and while looking so-so on the BYO looks stunning on actual images of M6's I have seen)

Has anyone seen or found a source of M5 images in colors other than blue?? Also, Champagne Quartz Metallic, Amazonite Silver and Moonstone Metallic are also intriguing colors..

SO...any opinions???

Cheers,
Ads by Google
Old 05-31-2012, 05:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2011.5 M3 Sedan
Go to M5 forum on bimmerpost. They have many threads on colors with pics.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

2011 M3 Sedan ED 3/24/2011
2003 330i Sport Package...still working like a champ. ED 2/14/2003
Old 05-31-2012, 10:23 AM

Mein Auto: '08 M5
ya might check this :

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694662

matter of fact, see all :

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=392

Last edited by MI55LE; 05-31-2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: add
Old 05-31-2012, 09:21 PM
ICH LIEBE BMW!!!!

Send a message via Skype™ to mwagner1
Mein Auto: it has four wheels
Danke to both of you!!!! I have now seen enough images to want to choose between Citrin Black and Azurite Black Metallic paint...both are pretty sexy

Cheers,
Old 06-01-2012, 02:03 PM

not a bmw individual color but I sure do like this - would consider a repaint of my car IF it had a black interior (I love it) :

Old 06-02-2012, 08:02 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI55LE View Post
not a bmw individual color but I sure do like this - would consider a repaint of my car IF it had a black interior (I love it) :
Actually BMW does have an Individual color very similar to this. Atacama Yellow. However it looks disgusting imo.

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688853

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels

Last edited by Stealth.Pilot; 06-02-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post
Actually BMW does have an Individual color very similar to this. Atacama Yellow. However it looks disgusting imo.
actually I believe BMW has two Individual yellows - the one above and Phoenix Yellow - and I agree.....disgusting (but I do really like the "shade" on the car in the photo that I posted above)

2200+ mile road trip completed just yesterday - parked next to (and chatted with the owner) this older Ferrari (a 355), which has the Ferrari Yellow - which is close to their newest shade

(the pic was taken in the parking lot of the General Palmer Hotel, Durango, Co - which overlooks the rail station of the Durango/Silverton narrow gage RR - which we rode)

sorry to hijack the OPer's thread - I glad he's decided on the color for his new car

Old 06-08-2012, 06:54 AM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwagner1 View Post
Hey all...the Individual color Citrin Black is sort of growing on me...I know that the BYO is the least reliable indicator of a car's color (another Individual color I love that is available for the M6 is called Rubinschwartz Metallic and while looking so-so on the BYO looks stunning on actual images of M6's I have seen)

Has anyone seen or found a source of M5 images in colors other than blue?? Also, Champagne Quartz Metallic, Amazonite Silver and Moonstone Metallic are also intriguing colors..

SO...any opinions???

Cheers,
I think Citrin Black and Champagne Quartz are both stunning colors. I like Citrin Black the best, but it is high maintenance to have a black car.

Also note all these individual colors are now available on regular F10s as well as part of the Individual package. So if you want a unique M5 color you should get something else.

Bimmerpost has lots of threads with different pictures of these colors. I recommend you check that out.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels