Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 06-02-2012, 08:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 Z4 3.0i Montego Blue
Ignition Fault

Hi; I am new to this form and was hoping I could get some help. my 2007 Z4 3.0i recently started missing when i accelerate. I was able to borrow a diagnostic code reader from a friend and read the fault code.

The only code showing is "P135B". which is identified as "Manufacturer Contrl Ignition System or Misfire." I have been unable to locate any definitive information about this code or what might have caused it to trigger. Does anyone happen to have knowledge abut this code or have access to a resource that might give a clue what causes it?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit; I cleared the fault and drove the car for about 2 hours today, checking for codes every time i would stop. For the first 1 1/2 hours no problems. The car ran ultra smooth. then suddenly I had to slow way down to avoid hitting a bicycle rider. as I accelerated around him I got the miss again, and it happened several times over the next 5 miles. when I stopped I had the same P135B code again.

Last edited by Traveler218; 06-02-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2012, 12:35 AM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
Hello and welcome. Unfortunately, you have posted in the wrong forum. This section is for the e89 Z4 built from 2009 and still in production.

Your 2007 Z4 is an entirely different car. We can't help you our car has a very different and brand new engine. As a wild guess, have you ever changed the spark plugs??

Wild guesses are nearly useless though. Best to do a proper diagnosis. Fault code is only a first step.
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.

Last edited by Andrew*Debbie; 06-03-2012 at 12:37 AM.