Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Thanks!!

Your M3 is really beautiful. I thought you might have made a mistake axing one of my favorites - Interlagos Blue, but the Jerez black is sophisticated with jus' the right amount of bad ass attitude. The Jerez invites closer inspection, and the closer you look - color, form, and light subtlety play off one another.

I'm curious - how fast could you drive on the Tail....police??? New M3 has to be a very tempting target.....

Last edited by Capobranco; 06-04-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 50i, M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
Thanks!!

Your M3 is really beautiful. I thought you might have made a mistake axing one of my favorites - Interlagos Blue, but the Jerez black is sophisticated with jus' the right amount of bad ass attitude. The Jerez invites closer inspection, and the closer you look - color, form, and light subtlety play off one another.

I'm curious - how fast could you drive on the tail....police??? New M3 has to be a very tempting target.....

(BTW I avoid Skyline Drive because of the very low limits, traffic, and strict enforcement.)
here's a few more that my wife keeps adding to snapfish. the interlagos i think was just too loud and "look at me" for me. and i dont think you need to do that with the quad pipes and powerdome!

as for the tail, we saw 3 cops in that stretch. i think they are there more for safety than anythign else, but the trusty passport sniffed em out when other bikers or cars weren't flashing us or giving us the "slow down signal".

the tail i think can be driven pretty damn quickly. but most turns are hairpins and its really a 3rd gear ---> 2nd gear mission for the m3. still means you can get it up to 50-60 in some areas. and that's more than enough.

as for blue ridge/ skyline, we got off around Hillsville, VA, home to some really good bbq and the best broccoli casserole i have ever had (aunt bea's bbq)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m3.8.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	327869   Click image for larger version

Name:	m3.9.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	327870   Click image for larger version

Name:	m3.10.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	327871  

2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Old 06-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by highyo View Post

as for the tail, we saw 3 cops in that stretch. i think they are there more for safety than anythign else, but the trusty passport sniffed em out when other bikers or cars weren't flashing us or giving us the "slow down signal".

the tail i think can be driven pretty damn quickly. but most turns are hairpins and its really a 3rd gear ---> 2nd gear mission for the m3. still means you can get it up to 50-60 in some areas. and that's more than enough.

Encouraging! - Tail is on my very short list - thinking late fall after the summer and fall foliage tourist season is over.....trip down makes me a little paranoid - as you probably know - in VA - anything over 80 is automatically reckless driving....

Last edited by Capobranco; 06-04-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
Encouraging! - Tail is on my very short list - thinking late fall after the summer and fall foliage tourist season is over.....
it's a must drive. i would also recommend the foothills parkway which is on the far end of the tail (as you head west). it can't be that long but it is just so perfect for the m3. big sweeping turns you can take at good speed. and no one was on it when we were there

as for tourist season and the tail, me thinks it is always busy. two more pics, one of deal's gap (the top of the tail) and my delish meal at aunt bea's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pcd.1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	327891   Click image for larger version

Name:	pcd.2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	327892  

2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Old 06-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by highyo View Post
it's a must drive. i would also recommend the foothills parkway which is on the far end of the tail (as you head west). it can't be that long but it is just so perfect for the m3. big sweeping turns you can take at good speed. and no one was on it when we were there

as for tourist season and the tail, me thinks it is always busy. two more pics, one of deal's gap (the top of the tail) and my delish meal at aunt bea's
Gorgeous!!!

OMG! - Aunt Bea's? - I thought you were engaging in a little hyperbolic satire...gotta go!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:36 AM

Mein Auto: -
That combo should be sinister in person. When I picked up my M3 yesterday at the welt, the car right across from mine was exactly that combo with (black, CF, comp package). We gave each other thumbs up as he did his victory lap down to the ramp.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post
That combo should be sinister in person. When I picked up my M3 yesterday at the welt, the car right across from mine was exactly that combo with (black, CF, comp package). We gave each other thumbs up as he did his victory lap down to the ramp.
it looks nasty with the bamboo interior too. just plain awesome.