Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-31-2012, 06:40 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,316
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
I am getting a sense of Déjà vu here.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 06-01-2012, 02:51 PM
grilodan grilodan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Chicago, IL
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 242
Mein Auto: E70 X5 35i Sport Activity
@DreamCar, feel free to add my name to the helpers ... I'm in Chicago, IL and have been able to code everything on this list except SLI and HUD because I don't have them, but it should be straightforward enough.
__________________


- 2013 X5 35i Sport Activity (Born 08/12) - Titanium Silver /Oyster Nevada /Dark Bamboo - ZCV /ZCW /ZPS /Sport Package /Adaptive Drive /Soft-Close Doors/Running Boards /HUD /Shift Paddles /Comfort Seats /6NR /6NF
- 2011 535i (Born 08/10) - Titanium Silver /Black Dakota /Anthracite - ZCV /ZCW /ZPP /ZP2 /6FL /6NF (Sold 08/12)
- 2010 335i (Born 02/10) - Titanium Silver /Black Dakota - ZCW /ZPP /6FL (Sold 09/10)
- 2007 328i (Born 07/07) - Jet Black /Black Dakota - ZSP /ZPP /6FL (Sold 04/10)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-02-2012, 11:25 AM
cn555ic cn555ic is offline
The Coder guy in N.Y
Location: New York, Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 445
Mein Auto: bmw
Epic
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Ausfahrt Ausfahrt is online now
Groccery Getter
Location: NY/CT/MO
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 202
Mein Auto: E46 325iT/F10 550
Dreamcar, add me to the list I can help people install everything or help them get started . I'm at St. Louis, MO.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-04-2012, 06:08 PM
1STBimmer 1STBimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Birmingham, AL
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 409
Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
@dreamcar,

I can code/help with set up in Birmingham, AL...please add to the list.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-04-2012, 08:19 PM
park828 park828 is offline
Registered User
Location: San Jose CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 40
Mein Auto: f10 535 m, e60 550 m
i can help in norcal area
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-04-2012, 08:55 PM
jgscott987 jgscott987 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NC
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 134
Mein Auto: 2011 528i
One feature I'd love to disable is the comfort access locking by touching the ribbed portion of the door handle.

When I reach for the door handle, especially in a tight parking space, my hand naturally lands on the ribs, causing the door to lock. I never use the feature intentionally- I just reach in my pocket and press the fob to lock. I would like to keep the comfort unlock function intact if possible.

Anyone have any ideas on what module or code area I could disable this in?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-04-2012, 08:57 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,316
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgscott987 View Post
One feature I'd love to disable is the comfort access locking by touching the ribbed portion of the door handle.

When I reach for the door handle, especially in a tight parking space, my hand naturally lands on the ribs, causing the door to lock. I never use the feature intentionally- I just reach in my pocket and press the fob to lock. I would like to keep the comfort unlock function intact if possible.

Anyone have any ideas on what module or code area I could disable this in?

Thanks!
Check the CAS Module.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-05-2012, 04:12 AM
DreamCar's Avatar
DreamCar DreamCar is offline
Moderator
Location: Planet Earth
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,472
Mein Auto: F10 M5
Guys we have entire forum for us... please create a seperate threads.... and you have more visisbility for your question
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-05-2012, 06:36 AM
alextremo alextremo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 253
Mein Auto: F10 550i
I'd be willing to help others code in MA.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-07-2012, 08:43 AM
harrisfb harrisfb is offline
Registered User
Location: Philadelphia, PA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 91
Mein Auto: 2012 550i MSport 6MT
I was able to successfully code my car yesterday. Thanks to the help of DreamCar and the other members of the forum!

I coded:
Window/moonroof close on fob and door ridges.
Trunk close on cabin button and fob.
Auto high beams on by default with headlights.
Fog lights and high beams on at the same time.
iDrive warnings off (camera & navigation).
Seat belt warnings at 1 chime instead of 90 seconds of chiming.
Front windows continue to roll up with opening of door.
Side view cameras at all speeds.
Tire pressure monitor show psi and temp.
DVD in motion.
Doors unlock on engine off.

I am no expert as I have only done my own car. But I have the software and the enet cable, so put me down for being able to assist with coding in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area.

Last edited by harrisfb; 06-08-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-07-2012, 10:00 AM
dmunz dmunz is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 234
Mein Auto: 535i GT
Hit a Roadblock - HELP

I got everything set up, I see the IP address for my car and the VIN shows up in ZGW.

I open E-Sys and when I hit connect get the pop up which has my VIN next to that radio buttion, but nothing shows up in the Target box.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

TIA
DLM
__________________
"...hovering like a fly waiting for a windshield on the freeway..." p.g.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-07-2012, 10:12 AM
ImSW1 ImSW1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sacramento, CA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunz View Post
I got everything set up, I see the IP address for my car and the VIN shows up in ZGW.

I open E-Sys and when I hit connect get the pop up which has my VIN next to that radio buttion, but nothing shows up in the Target box.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

TIA
DLM
More than likely the "dist" folders missing from your installation. The folders should be empty, but they need to be there:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...postcount=1453

Sean

Last edited by ImSW1; 06-07-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-07-2012, 10:49 AM
park828 park828 is offline
Registered User
Location: San Jose CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 40
Mein Auto: f10 535 m, e60 550 m
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSW1 View Post
More than likely the "dist" folders missing from your installation. The folders should be empty, but they need to be there:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...postcount=1453

Sean

yup i had the same problem but i was missing the dist folders.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-07-2012, 12:24 PM
dmunz dmunz is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 234
Mein Auto: 535i GT
Not me. I had the dist folders, but managed to put the whlole data set in the wrong sub-folder.

FWIW
DLM
__________________
"...hovering like a fly waiting for a windshield on the freeway..." p.g.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-07-2012, 12:37 PM
ImSW1 ImSW1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sacramento, CA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunz View Post
Not me. I had the dist folders, but managed to put the whlole data set in the wrong sub-folder.

FWIW
DLM
Score! Could be worse, you could have posted about it...oh wait! :oP

Sean
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-07-2012, 03:02 PM
gspannu gspannu is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: UK
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 361
Mein Auto: 5 Series F10 2012 Model
First of all, a big Thank You to @Dreamcar and others for this forum.

I have just come back from my first session.

1. Took backup of all CAFD modules (as advised).
2. Coded the following:
- Auto Start/ Stop - remember last used setting.
- Auto Headlight Activation (ON by default).
- Bootlid close from Driver button (The UK models already close from the Fob as standard with Comfort Pack). Surprisingly, this worked straight away - no need to wait as per cheat sheet.

: It was fairly easy to code with the instructions from your posts.

Much appreciated; you have been really helpful.

Thank you, @DreamCar once again.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-07-2012, 03:04 PM
gspannu gspannu is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: UK
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 361
Mein Auto: 5 Series F10 2012 Model
I am based in the UK, Southern England.

I am willing to help others install the software and assist in coding.

You may put my name down as a volunteer.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-07-2012, 03:52 PM
ImSW1 ImSW1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sacramento, CA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
I am based in the UK, Southern England.

I am willing to help others install the software and assist in coding.

You may put my name down as a volunteer.
Awesome! As of today F-Series coding assistance goes international.

Sean
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-07-2012, 08:06 PM
cn555ic cn555ic is offline
The Coder guy in N.Y
Location: New York, Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 445
Mein Auto: bmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
First of all, a big Thank You to @Dreamcar and others for this forum.

I have just come back from my first session.

1. Took backup of all CAFD modules (as advised).
2. Coded the following:
- Auto Start/ Stop - remember last used setting.
- Auto Headlight Activation (ON by default).
- Bootlid close from Driver button (The UK models already close from the Fob as standard with Comfort Pack). Surprisingly, this worked straight away - no need to wait as per cheat sheet.

: It was fairly easy to code with the instructions from your posts.

Much appreciated; you have been really helpful.

Thank you, @DreamCar once again.
How does one backup all the CAFD modules before even coding? I have been asking this question and I do not see any literature on how to do this...
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-07-2012, 08:47 PM
ImSW1 ImSW1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sacramento, CA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
How does one backup all the CAFD modules before even coding? I have been asking this question and I do not see any literature on how to do this...
cn555ic,

We've just finished a "how-to" for where the backups of your CAFD files are stored and how to get a baseline set. It also gives instructions on how to read your FDL files while disconnected from the car.

DreamCar is going to attach it to the first post, but here's a copy for you to reference.

Sean
Attached Files
File Type: pdf E-Sys Editors and Viewers.pdf (1.57 MB, 1737 views)

Last edited by ImSW1; 06-07-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-08-2012, 03:41 AM
DreamCar's Avatar
DreamCar DreamCar is offline
Moderator
Location: Planet Earth
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,472
Mein Auto: F10 M5
Attached the file to the first post.... And i think we need to clean up the first post little bit.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-08-2012, 05:37 AM
ImSW1 ImSW1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sacramento, CA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: F10
DreamCar,

I have enough trouble keeping my PM inbox clean and clear. Sounds like a good idea to me. Can't wait to see version 1.1 or 2.0, whichever you chose.

Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCar View Post
Attached the file to the first post.... And i think we need to clean up the first post little bit.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-08-2012, 03:33 PM
cn555ic cn555ic is offline
The Coder guy in N.Y
Location: New York, Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 445
Mein Auto: bmw
Okay. Thanks Sean. I guess the next part is showing us how to actually code the cafd stored back into the ecu in case we somehow messed up the coding!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-09-2012, 05:58 AM
cn555ic cn555ic is offline
The Coder guy in N.Y
Location: New York, Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 445
Mein Auto: bmw
I get it's spreading bigtime now! BMWcoding Forum now has the E-Sys 3.18.4 download as a sticky! LMAO. I guess there is no more money to be made on it. So sick of the line. It can be had but not free! Lol. Let's see them post the 3.20 or 3.22 without a price! Not happening unless this site starts getting it out public
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms