Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 05-28-2012, 04:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 Acura MDX
Media Adapter problem

We picked up our My13 28i last weekend and I've been spending quite a bit of time learning how everything works.

I ordered it with the Tech Package and BMW Apps and I ordered the Media Adapter (84212218390) separately.

Both my wife's iPhone 4 and my 4S are able to run the BMW Apps features just fine with the white cable connected to the USB port.

The problem come when I plug either phone into the Media Adapter. Basically nothing happens. No BMW Apps, and when I click Plugin, I get "No Plugin compatible device connected". The adapter seems to be seated well into its sockets, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Do I have to configure the adapter or tell ConnectDrive that there's an adapter there?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cliff
Ads by Google
Old 05-31-2012, 05:05 PM
Happily Driving

Mein Auto: 2014 550i M Sport
Do the phones charge in the media adapter?

Gone, but not forgotten:
2006 530i
, European Delivery June 2005
2008 335i Coupe 6MT, PCD November 2007
2011 550i M Sport, European Delivery May 2011

BMWCCA #350568
Old 05-31-2012, 08:55 PM

I went to the dealer today and we figured out that I had a defective adapter. Everything works now.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:08 AM

Mein Auto: Black Sapphire X3 Msport
Glad you fixed it. Interestingly, I recieved the same exact problem. Except my phone does nothing with the white cord either. ( Except charge).

So I am wondering if a German leprechaun started to yank at my cords.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engelbert View Post
Glad you fixed it. Interestingly, I recieved the same exact problem. Except my phone does nothing with the white cord either. ( Except charge).

Try shutting down your iPhone completely and starting it back up. The BMW tech suggested that and it worked to get my iPhone working with the white cable. Replacing the adapter got the iPhone working with adapter. When you switch between the adapter and the cable, you may have to reset your iPhone by shutting it down.

Cliff
Old 06-08-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engelbert View Post

Try shutting down your iPhone completely and starting it back up. The BMW tech suggested that and it worked to get my iPhone working with the white cable. Replacing the adapter got the iPhone working with adapter. When you switch between the adapter and the cable, you may have to reset your iPhone by shutting it down.

Cliff
Old 06-08-2012, 11:32 AM

Mein Auto: Black Sapphire X3 Msport
Thanks Cliff! That fixed it.
Knowing that it wasn't the car at fault. I then went to the dealer where they replaced my MEDIA adapter. Now everything works! We must have had a bad batch!