Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 06-11-2012, 03:16 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Thumbs down Prius Driver Has a Meltdown...

But seriously... If she or anyone walks over to my car cursing in front of my kids... It's ON!
Old 06-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 92 325i
Sounds like the truck is a desiel, if so I would have got my smoke screen on and really set her off. I was always told its harder on desiels to start them then to just keep them idling. But they did show alot more restraint then my wife and I would have if we were in the same situation

Sent from my thumb to your eyes
Primered Black 92' 325i. Ireland Engineering Header, Ireland Engineering Catback, TMS Underdrive pulleys, TMS chip, Bav auto fpr, Power Flow cai, Bav auto coil packs, Cool Carbon pads, Eiback springs, Bilstien Sport HD shocks/struts, 3.23 LSD, Understeer short shifter, 16'' Spal Fan, Goodridge Steel Brakelines, M3 Bumper, Black out grill, clear tails, M3 mirrors.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:39 PM

Mein Auto: 02 530, 02 540, 07 525
Typical useless Prius anus!!

I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be eaten by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
I own two BMW autos and a Prius. No affectation here.

Sent from a HTC EVO
Old 06-12-2012, 10:16 PM

Mein Auto: Supercharged E34 540i6
If she wasn't such an ignorant bitch she'd realize that her prius will do just as much damage as the diesel truck will in a lifetime.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:38 PM
I feed trolls

Mein Auto: 3 series
Commence the coal rolling!

(Definitely not me or my truck )

RIP Ben "Jever" Doebele, we wont forget you

Please, call me Chadley

1997 328iS... HR coilovers, Brembo F40 calipers, camber plates, it needs a CUMMINS!!

1990-somethin Chevy K3500... Cummins, cab swap, 5 speed, and lots of motor work. 20 MPG, 40 PSI, 507 ft/lbs torque
Old 06-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
She was a classless bitch but I too have a pain with idling vehicles, if it's someplace I'm sorta stuck at. Li'l bit o' extra wear and tear on the diesel to have to restart it? Stop, you're breaking my heart.

The lady was, indeed, an obnoxious ass but she had a point. Turn the bleeping noise maker off people, when it makes sense to do so. It's not like she's asking them to start it, run it for 2 minutes, then shut it off, and repeat that about 50 times (or until the battery dies).

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. – anon

Last edited by cmac2012; 06-13-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:50 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3, 1997 Chevy truck,
Old 06-13-2012, 07:07 AM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
she was a classless bitch but i too have a pain with idling vehicles, if it's someplace i'm sorta stuck at. Li'l bit o' extra wear and tear on the diesel to have to restart it? Stop, you're breaking my heart.

The lady was, indeed, an obnoxious ass but she had a point. turn the bleeping noise maker off people, when it makes sense to do so. It's not like she's asking them to start it, run it for 2 minutes, then shut it off, and repeat that about 50 times (or until the battery dies).
+1
Old 06-13-2012, 07:42 AM
In a ton of debt...

Mein Auto: Cars
Quote:
She was a classless bitch but I too have a pain with idling vehicles, if it's someplace I'm sorta stuck at. Li'l bit o' extra wear and tear on the diesel to have to restart it? Stop, you're breaking my heart.

The lady was, indeed, an obnoxious ass but she had a point. Turn the bleeping noise maker off people, when it makes sense to do so. It's not like she's asking them to start it, run it for 2 minutes, then shut it off, and repeat that about 50 times (or until the battery dies).
It seemed like the guy's daughter was in the car sleeping, so they kept the car running to leave the Ac on. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

'02 Porsche 911
'04 BMW 545i
'06 Chevy Silverado 1500
'07 BMW 335i
'08 Lexus RX400H
Old 06-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Coconut Pete's paella!

Mein Auto: 08' 4Runner V8
Oldie but a goodie...

"Their" is a possessive pronoun. In a phrase like “Susan and Bill's car,” it could be used to to make a new phrase: “their car.”

”They're” is a contraction of “they are.”
“They are” should always be able to replace “they're.”

Extra credit: It's "I'm looking for an M3" not "I'm looking for a M3".
Old 06-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post

But seriously... If she or anyone walks over to my car cursing in front of my kids... It's ON!
Not sure what "It's ON!" means in your books, but I'd say this guy handled the whole thing marvelously. If an idiot approaches you, you keep calm and don't get down on their level. Now that's a great lesson for the kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 06-13-2012, 10:32 AM

Mein Auto: '02 M3 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
Not sure what "It's ON!" means in your books, but I'd say this guy handled the whole thing marvelously. If an idiot approaches you, you keep calm and don't get down on their level. Now that's a great lesson for the kids!
And his wife, who did get back in the other woman's face, completely ignored him when he tried to settle her down!

2002 M3 Convertible
2005 VW Passat 1.8T Wagon
Old 06-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galun View Post
It seemed like the guy's daughter was in the car sleeping, so they kept the car running to leave the Ac on. Nothing wrong with that in my book.
Agreed.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBS3SSION View Post
And his wife, who did get back in the other woman's face, completely ignored him when he tried to settle her down!
They say cat fights are the worst for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 06-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Renaissance Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galun View Post
What, the kid is going to wake up and start crying if the AC is off for a few minutes? And the kid's presumed need for the right ingredients to continue in a blissful slumber gives them the right to add noise and exhaust fumes into the scene? What we don't know from the vid, is did the lady ask them to turn it off more politely earlier? If they reacted in a way she thought rude to that, it would moderate my feelings about her obnoxious rant, which was pretty hard to take, I'll readily agree.

I couldn't tell exactly why those people were congregated in the parking lot, but it appeared that they needed to wait there for something. I've gone to a bunch of the barter fairs up in N. Central WA state, in October, near Canada so it gets cold at night. I can't tell you how many times I was just about to drift off into slumber when some nimrod starts his rig and runs it for 30 minutes to an hour, or tries to before I get in their face and read them the riot act. There we are, way up in the hills, away from the sounds of the city, tranquil peace and quiet but no, these people don't have a good enough sleeping bag or their feet are like, cold, man, and they idle their bleeping rig. Imagine you're asleep in bed and someone brings a car into the hallway outside your door and starts it up. That's about what it sounds like. The noise of the idle dominates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raven View Post
Agreed.
And if the Prius lady did indeed have a child whose breathing was made more difficult by being downwind of exhaust, her child can damn well suffer so the other child can have air-conditioned sleep?

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. – anon

Last edited by cmac2012; 06-13-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:57 PM

Mein Auto: A car
Quote:
And if the Prius lady did indeed have a child whose breathing was made more difficult by being downwind of exhaust, her child can damn well suffer so the other child can have air-conditioned sleep?
what could be simpler than to move your car..??!?

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:57 PM

Mein Auto: 92 325i
^ My car sits low enough that most full sized trucks exhausts are window level. You know what I do.... I stay a little back or ahead. Doesnt look like it was a overly packed parking lot so what makes her so special? Just get over self, your not jesus cause you drive a prius.

Sent from my thumb to your eyes
Primered Black 92' 325i. Ireland Engineering Header, Ireland Engineering Catback, TMS Underdrive pulleys, TMS chip, Bav auto fpr, Power Flow cai, Bav auto coil packs, Cool Carbon pads, Eiback springs, Bilstien Sport HD shocks/struts, 3.23 LSD, Understeer short shifter, 16'' Spal Fan, Goodridge Steel Brakelines, M3 Bumper, Black out grill, clear tails, M3 mirrors.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
Quote:
What, the kid is going to wake up and start crying if the AC is off for a few minutes? And the kid's presumed need for the right ingredients to continue in a blissful slumber gives them the right to add noise and exhaust fumes into the scene? What we don't know from the vid, is did the lady ask them to turn it off more politely earlier? If they reacted in a way she thought rude to that, it would moderate my feelings about her obnoxious rant, which was pretty hard to take, I'll readily agree.

I couldn't tell exactly why those people were congregated in the parking lot, but it appeared that they needed to wait there for something. I've gone to a bunch of the barter fairs up in N. Central WA state, in October, near Canada so it gets cold at night. I can't tell you how many times I was just about to drift off into slumber when some nimrod starts his rig and runs it for 30 minutes to an hour, or tries to before I get in their face and read them the riot act. There we are, way up in the hills, away from the sounds of the city, tranquil peace and quiet but no, these people don't have a good enough sleeping bag or their feet are like, cold, man, and they idle their bleeping rig. Imagine you're asleep in bed and someone brings a car into the hallway outside your door and starts it up. That's about what it sounds like. The noise of the idle dominates.

Yup. She could easily move her environmentally damaging Prius somewhere else rather than making a scene.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:23 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 530i
Quote:

I leave my diesel run when I go into a store just so it's nice and cool when I get back in. I do the opposite in the winter.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:39 PM

Mein Auto: 335i xDrive Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by neve1064 View Post
I own two BMW autos and a Prius. No affectation here.

Sent from a HTC EVO
So! If we are to follow TemporarySanity's logic then you are an anus. I AM JOKING.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Cactus
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 2.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIA View Post
I leave my diesel run when I go into a store just so it's nice and cool when I get back in. I do the opposite in the winter.
And I thought you did it just to piss off cmac!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:05 PM

Mein Auto: German
I've owned 3 Hybrids and my parents have had three Prii. Drive a diesel now. If I had a bitch come up to me and talk to me like that about the X5, I would definelty go off on her

No sympathy for lowlifes like that. She can take her prius and shove it up her ass and this is coming from a previous Toyota Hybrid owner
Old 06-13-2012, 08:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E92 335i MT
People in this country need to grow up ASAP and stop being children in adult's bodies. No matter how much you yell/bawl and beat your feet on the ground you do NOT have*

- a right to clean air
- a right to silence when you desire it
- a right to smell-free environment
- a right germ-free environment
- a right to pollen-free environment
- a right to children-free environment
- a right to music-free environment
- a right to food-smell-free environment
- a right to tatoo-free and piercing-free environment
- and so on.

What you DO have a right to do is to f*ck off and go where it suits you until you grow up and learn to live and let live.

That's all.

*___
Don't believe me? When was the last time you cracked The Constitution and Bill of Rights?

2011 E92 335i 6MT ZSP ZCW (ED May 17th 2010)

2013 118d BMWNA Special Edition. Black on black cloth (yay!), 5 door hatchback, 140hp diesel. Special edition items: factory debadge| "VW", "Golf" and "TDI" badges factory applied | MT | Standard go flat tires | Spare tire (yay!) | No moonroof (yay!) .

Last edited by Mark K; 06-13-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Renaissance Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyb View Post
what could be simpler than to move your car..??!?
I watched it again and it didn't look like some big, shopping mall parking lot. Perhaps the lady had an appt. she was early for and wanted to hang in the car with her kid. Then the rig drove up. It idles for a minute, she starts to notice, wondering when they're going to shut it off. They don't. Pretty soon she starts to fume. I mean we live with the GDed roar of engines often enough. When you get into a zone where you sort of expect people will shut the engine off after they arrive it could be annoying to have some diesel idle going non stop.

It's a bit weird for people to assert that their li'l girl just cannot get her nap, ya'all, w/o a 200hp/300ft.lb. engine idling away to run the AC. Holy $h!t batperson, we've turned into a nation of wussies.

The woman was over the top a PITA, no question. Under the right circumstances, I could see myself questioning the gentleman's conduct, and instructing him to shut the damn thing off. Ain't no truck stop here, bubba.