Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 06-11-2012, 07:25 PM

Mein Auto: X3 xDrive35i
New Member Intro

Hey guys,

I just picked up my 2013 xDrive 35i a couple of weeks ago and have put about 800KM on it so far. I'm coming from an E46 330xi, so I'm loving the added space and power. I am, however, missing the 6-speed manual :thumbdown

Here are some pictures of my old E46:

I really miss its driving dynamic and looks, but it was time for me to move on to something a little bigger as a daily driver.

Here's are a couple of pictures of the X3. It's nothing out of the ordinary - just another Alpine White X3 with the M-Sport package. No modifications have been made yet (aside from a few add-on accessories) but I'm waiting on the Dinan tune to come out.

I love the X3 so far, and I'm looking forward to learning more about the vehicle
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750i
Those are sick pics! Congratulations on your new car! I like White!

2011 BMW 750i (Current)
2010 BMW 528i
Old 06-12-2012, 08:07 PM

Mein Auto: Hertz rent-a-car
Your e46 looks immaculate!!

Congrats. Still waiting patiently for mine. Like you, this will be my first auto transmission in well over 15 years.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i

Welcome!

I just picked up my X3 35i last Thursday, after turning in my 2010 335i Coupe.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i M Sport
Welcome bsx... The 330 looks fantastic. I believe the ZHP in Canada was called the Clubsport?? Either way, beautiful car! And the X3 is gorgeous also. It seems that Alpine White M Sports are becoming VERY popular... I was hoping not many would buy the M Sport, keeping it a little more exclusive. But, beautiful vehicles... Welcome again.

Hers & His
Old 06-13-2012, 07:32 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Sweet ride! Personally I can't tell the difference between an "M-Sport" and a "regular" X3, I guess I am just not detail oriented. They all look good to me.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i M-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeeesteve View Post

Congrats. Still waiting patiently for mine. Like you, this will be my first auto transmission in well over 15 years.
How are you guys who are coming from a manual tranmssion liking your X3's? I have driven a stick since the late 80's and hate the fact that they are almost completely gone from new cars these days. I needed a bigger vehicle too or would have looked at the new 3 series wagon (currently have a 2002 325iT).

I'm primarily a city driver and know I will like the automatic in traffic. Otherwise, I'm not so sure.....
Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 AM

Mein Auto: Hertz rent-a-car
Looking forward to comments too. I pick mine up in 18 days .

I did a relatively extensive test drive over 3 different periods. Putting aside the attitude that real enthusiasts drive manuals, this is the first auto transmission that has convinced me that I probably won't be missing much.

1). Seamless shifts...so smooth
2). Quick shifts in sports mode
3). Great mpg and not a big difference in acceleration
4). The ability to skip gears. It can go from a high gear to a low gear very intuitively without seeming to down shift gear by gear.

My wife was shocked when I told her that we were getting an auto.

Questions i still have.

1). Durability and longevity of this transmission
2). Unknown quirks that I will discover over time
3). Will I suffer from left leg atrophy?

Last edited by lukeeesteve; 06-13-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:11 PM

Mein Auto: X3 xDrive35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlzDuntBanMe View Post
Those are sick pics! Congratulations on your new car! I like White!
Thanks!

Quote:

Kind of sucks driving an auto, but it's definitely better in stop-and-go traffic. Plus it gives me a reason to buy a weekend car with a manual transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post

Welcome!

I just picked up my X3 35i last Thursday, after turning in my 2010 335i Coupe.
Hope you're enjoying it as much as I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterX3 View Post
Welcome bsx... The 330 looks fantastic. I believe the ZHP in Canada was called the Clubsport?? Either way, beautiful car! And the X3 is gorgeous also. It seems that Alpine White M Sports are becoming VERY popular... I was hoping not many would buy the M Sport, keeping it a little more exclusive. But, beautiful vehicles... Welcome again.
Thanks! The ZHP was also called ZHP in Canada, but we also had an appearance package that mimicked the ZHP. AW on any BMW looks great, but you're right - it is a very common colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
Sweet ride! Personally I can't tell the difference between an "M-Sport" and a "regular" X3, I guess I am just not detail oriented. They all look good to me.
Thanks! It's mainly an appearance package that includes different front/rear fascias, side skirts, wheels, and steering wheel as far as I know They all look good to me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW4grrl View Post
How are you guys who are coming from a manual tranmssion liking your X3's? I have driven a stick since the late 80's and hate the fact that they are almost completely gone from new cars these days. I needed a bigger vehicle too or would have looked at the new 3 series wagon (currently have a 2002 325iT).

I'm primarily a city driver and know I will like the automatic in traffic. Otherwise, I'm not so sure.....
I was given a brand new 2012 E93 328i Coupe (auto tranny - slow as hell) as a loaner for 2 weeks while my F25 was on order, so I had the chance to transition to auto before I started daily-driving the X3. So far the transmission has been great - no hesitation problems here. My commute is 90% stop-and-go traffic, so the auto is definitely a better fit for my drive. However, I bet I wouldn't be saying the same if a manual transmission was available

Quote:
Looking forward to comments too. I pick mine up in 18 days .

I did a relatively extensive test drive over 3 different periods. Putting aside the attitude that real enthusiasts drive manuals, this is the first auto transmission that has convinced me that I probably won't be missing much.

1). Seamless shifts...so smooth
2). Quick shifts in sports mode
3). Great mpg and not a big difference in acceleration
4). The ability to skip gears. It can go from a high gear to a low gear very intuitively without seeming to down shift gear by gear.

My wife was shocked when I told her that we were getting an auto.

Questions i still have.

1). Durability and longevity of this transmission
2). Unknown quirks that I will discover over time
3). Will I suffer from left leg atrophy?
Hahaha I'm in the same boat as you bud - I guess only time will tell