Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post

The bottom one is next year's postcard
Also available in Alpine White...
Old 06-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-ratedE90 View Post
If it isn't I'm not coming!
(Lettering across the bottom please, the ridgeline and hotel are too beautiful to obscure.)

Spectacular shot, CA!

N47 35' 30.13" E11 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA
Old 06-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
(Lettering across the bottom please, the ridgeline and hotel are too beautiful to obscure.)

Spectacular shot, CA!
I third this. In fact, CA, can I get a hi-res copy and rights to print my own poster (for personal use only!)

Seriously, great shot man.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post

Spectacular shot, CA!

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club (Watkins Glen International)
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians

Last edited by captainaudio; 06-12-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Hofmeister Kink

Mein Auto: 2003 530i/5
That's awesome!
Old 06-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
I am giddy, and it takes a lot to make me giddy. I want, no, I need that file! Would you send the original (after P-Shop) to my email addy as an attached file? Also, the above rendition is at the top of the CtoC5 thread in March, 2013.
Thanks Cap'n!

Last edited by DSXMachina; 06-12-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Tastes like chicken

Mein Auto: '09 328i E93 SGM/CR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-ratedE90 View Post
I was just going to post the same thing.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Not a real doctor.

Mein Auto: 2009 328i Coupe
I'm no CA, but I do like these two shots... A couple more shots from the rear. (Keep your snarky comments to yourself, ///M, lol.)

'09 328i Coupe: MT, Monaco Blue, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, CA, Logic7, HD Radio, IPod
Ordered: 14Jan09; Delivered: 24Feb09 from Stratham, NH BMW
Old 06-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Omnes rationi moderatum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
The Taurus was the 7th car from the left. I removed the Taurus, copied the 3rd BMW from the left, flipped it left to right to have it lined up with the cars it would be inserted between, repainted it's shadow to match the others, changed the color slightly and removed the moon roof to make it look a bit different than the car it was cloned from.

CA
Since you are doing photoshop magic with the cars - can you take that first BMW on the left (the one next to Iceben's Porsche) and turn it into a cabrio?

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 06-12-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Since you are doing photoshop magic with the cars - can you take that first BMW on the left (the one next to Iceben's Porsche) and turn it into a cabrio?
I'll work on it later tonight

BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
American Mural Project
Old 06-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I'm no CA, but I do like these two shots... A couple more shots from the rear. (Keep your snarky comments to yourself, ///M, lol.)

That's just beautiful. Gotta remember to bring the bike as well if I ever do get to head out there. Great shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 06-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Not a real doctor.

Mein Auto: 2009 328i Coupe
I think the Texas delegation should organize a road trip. Kat?

I've also gotta say... DSX picked out some great roads when he started this thing. That back stretch, to and from the Mt. Washington Hotel, is just beautiful... really nice pavement and it feels to get some speed up after the crawl down the motor road.

'09 328i Coupe: MT, Monaco Blue, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, CA, Logic7, HD Radio, IPod
Ordered: 14Jan09; Delivered: 24Feb09 from Stratham, NH BMW

Last edited by ProfessorCook; 06-12-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Non compos Mentos

Quote:

I've also gotta say... DSX picked out some great roads when he started this thing. That back stretch, to and from the Mt. Washington Hotel, is just beautiful... really nice pavement and it feels to get some speed up after the crawl down the motor road.
A little bit about the history. When I first thought of getting some of us together I thought that if I got 5 cars it would be a success. It seemed that though many of us owned "The Ultimate Driving Machine" we spent most of our lives stuck in traffic, or stop and go-ing through urban areas. No fun at all. I knew of many great roads from my yute when I had a motorcycle and thought nothing of putting a hundred miles on it in the morning before school started (got it when I was 16). Some of those roads would be perfect for a nice ride and would wring a little bit of performance out of our Bimmers.

So I posted a thread and hoped for the best. I got 11 cars and we had a great time touring with a clear ascent to the top of MW. At the end of the day 5 drivers decided to eat together (we'd met for the first time that day) at The Common Man in Lincoln. We didn't have a banquet the first year and I don't recall anyone having arrived early. I remember those five; NHMan, Napolean, Prof Cook, ///M-rated (at the time X-rated), and me. By the end of dinner I knew we'd be doing it again.

Many inaugural CtoC'ers have been at every one! It's grown and become somewhat more formal with the banquet and a charity auction, but the driving is as good as it's always been; freude am fahren!
This year's highlight has to be NK and TK flying in from Houston and joining us in a rental 328! However, many other first timers also ensured an enjoyable day, and everyone proved that BMW owners are in fact the best people in the world. Especially the good hearted young lady who bid $25 for an envelope she knew wasn't going to contain more that a few dollars. It had a dollar in it. What a sweetie!

Anyway, it looks like CtoC5 is going to be a somewhat flexible 2 day event. Drivers can come for one or both days and still be guaranteed a good time. We'll bag a few more road experiences, but get to have a more relaxed day with more time for an outlet mall and (ahem) bathroom stops.

In a few weeks I'll get some of the vets and a few first timers together in the CtoC room started by captainaudio and we'll hash over what works, what doesn't and what should be added. Until then, think it over, and hold your suggestions for discussion by the group.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Salz und Pfeffer

Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i
Quote:

+1000
Here is a small footage of the drive (I am following Fryed)

Old 06-12-2012, 06:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 328xi Coupe
I mentioned this video to a few people Saturday.

More torque than a 330d
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/07/w...mt-washington/

And the Travis Pastrana vid some folks were talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4BZh-7hkNe4
Old 06-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Non compos Mentos

C-Dub, your family would love to escape TX and spend some quality time together in NH. Your daughter would love StoryLand, Mrs C-Dub would love the MWH, and you'd love the drivin'! You know you're one of us, don't fight the feeling!
http://www.storylandnh.com/info.html
Old 06-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Omnes rationi moderatum

This is not as picturesque as CA's beautiful shot of the Mt. Washington Hotel with all our cars in procession, but we were just in the right spot in line to capture DSX solo. It missed my first pass through my photos because the exposure was a little off and it was a bit crooked, but once I fixed those things it turned out to be a gem.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793

Last edited by Nordic_Kat; 06-12-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Omnes rationi moderatum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
C-Dub, your family would love to escape TX and spend some quality time together in NH. Your daughter would love StoryLand, Mrs C-Dub would love the MWH, and you'd love the drivin'! You know you're one of us, don't fight the feeling!
http://www.storylandnh.com/info.html
Heck, TKat wanted me to drop HIM off at Storyland

CDub, Honestly, while we were driving I thought that you need to experience this. It would be so cool if we could organize a caravan - maybe pick up AndrewB in Lexington. South of the Mason-Dixon invades NH. I'm feelin' it (and I'm not even a Southerner).

Old 06-12-2012, 07:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 328xi Coupe
I meant to ask Kat what she thought of Story Land. It's an odd New England staple. I think everybody from the area has been at least once when they were kids.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Omnes rationi moderatum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anavel View Post
I meant to ask Kat what she thought of Story Land. It's an odd New England staple. I think everybody from the area has been at least once when they were kids.
It made me immediately think of "It's a Small World" at Disneyland.

I loved the local color and ambiance of the whole trip. When we arrived on Friday night, we got off the interstate to make our way to Portsmouth and on to Kittery, ME to hit the local landmark Warren's Lobster House for dinner. All the small towns we passed through were so picturesque, so "New Englandy", and so refreshing after our miles and miles of asphalt, cookie cutter "Planned Communities", and mega-Malls. Saturday morning it was no different. If you had a tape recorder in our car, the chatter was, "Oh, isn't that pretty!" "Oh, look at those flowers!" "Oh, isn't that just like a postcard picture." Then I thought about what winter must be like, that far North.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Then I thought about what winter must be like, that far North.

BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
American Mural Project
Old 06-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
Quote:
I would go with a different font and size...tucked in the corner like the BMW marketing stuff.

There is no denying it is a great shot.
Also available in Alpine White...
Old 06-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 3.0i, 2003 325iT
What a great weekend! Thanks to all who organized- DSX for a great route, logistics and great energy in the auction, Captain for the awesome swag, Furby for the good auction cause and everyone else for the camaraderie and generous giving. I earned valuable husband points for bringing home the girly basket from the auction!

Wasn't sure what to expect when you join a bunch of people I didn't know and who seemed to have some "interesting relationships" over here on the E90 forum, but it was easy to see why everyone was keen to participate.

Phenomenal scenery, great roads. I really enjoyed it. In fact I enjoyed it so much, I got up at 7am on Sunday morning and drove Bear Notch Road in both directions before collecting my stuff and heading home. I headed up to Lancaster NH and then headed west across Vermont in the general direction of Lake Champlain and drove up the east shore and then down Hero Island and Isle La Motte and then south to Lake George before the last stretch of the NY Thruway to home. Put over 1000 happy miles on my car.

I love the pictures and videos everyone is posting and I second the idea of a Roundel submittal- there's a cover shot in those pics for sure for old Satch to pick! I don't have a fancy DSLR, only a lowly smartphone camera but here are some shots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0292.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	328998   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0293.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	328999   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0295.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	329000   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0297.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	329001   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0299.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	329002  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0303.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	329004   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0305.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	329005   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0313.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	329006   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0315.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	329007  

2011 E89 Z4 30i Crimson over Ivory (Munich delivery, redelivery at Performance Center), Eisenmann Sport Exhaust
2003 E46 325i Touring Oxford Green over Sand
Old 06-12-2012, 09:11 PM
zeddy

Mein Auto: '06 330cic ZHP / '07 M35x
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeZee View Post
What a great weekend! Thanks to all who organized- DSX for a great route, logistics and great energy in the auction, Captain for the awesome swag, Furby for the good auction cause and everyone else for the camaraderie and generous giving. I earned valuable husband points for bringing home the girly basket from the auction!

Wasn't sure what to expect when you join a bunch of people I didn't know and who seemed to have some "interesting relationships" over here on the E90 forum, but it was easy to see why everyone was keen to participate.

Phenomenal scenery, great roads. I really enjoyed it. In fact I enjoyed it so much, I got up at 7am on Sunday morning and drove Bear Notch Road in both directions before collecting my stuff and heading home. I headed up to Lancaster NH and then headed west across Vermont in the general direction of Lake Champlain and drove up the east shore and then down Hero Island and Isle La Motte and then south to Lake George before the last stretch of the NY Thruway to home. Put over 1000 happy miles on my car.

I love the pictures and videos everyone is posting and I second the idea of a Roundel submittal- there's a cover shot in those pics for sure for old Satch to pick! I don't have a fancy DSLR, only a lowly smartphone camera but here are some shots:
Nice car Tee Zee. I did the 2010 run with these maniacs Hope to do next year (I was at my wife's Cornell reunion weekend - which saw me on route 17 across NY, a cool drive as well).

Next year!!

2000 Mercedes Benz E320 (daily driver)
2007 Infiniti M35x (wife's)
2006 330 cic ZHP 6sp (current)
2005 Z4 3.0 sp nav x-leather (retired)
2000 323i PP (best car, ever - retired)
Old 06-12-2012, 09:14 PM
zeddy

Mein Auto: '06 330cic ZHP / '07 M35x
Quote:
Blizzard of 1978, I was in Boston attending the Berklee College of Music that year - I remember this well, I survived on triscuits, swiss cheese and orange juice for a week. The national guard had to drop in supplies ... yikes!!!

2000 Mercedes Benz E320 (daily driver)
2007 Infiniti M35x (wife's)
2006 330 cic ZHP 6sp (current)
2005 Z4 3.0 sp nav x-leather (retired)
2000 323i PP (best car, ever - retired)