Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Nothing quite like a 6

Mein Auto: 09' 650i Cabrio
Information required about: Extended Warranty

I've searched around but there is no topic about this in 6 series sub forum. I just wanna ask how much did you pay for ur extended warranty. I think extended warranty is almost not an option for the 6. Extended maintenance is not that useful? I've heard that buying extended warranty from other states is much cheaper than buying from Cali. I live in south LA. My dealer quote me around $9k for the extended warranty with LoJack when I bought the car, they say buying from them is cheapest I can get. Is that true? Anyone can give me some opinion. Thanks.

How's ur car when going? Is it true about the Myth that BMW often have electrical problems? iDrive and parts? I recently got Navi problems, replaced and 2 days later have to bring to dealer again. It works now thanks god.
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 650I
I just got my 2009 BMW 650I coupe in April, my car has just about 3,000 miles on it. I'm also in the market for a warranty. The price I got was was about $3,500 from a BMW dealer selling a non BMW warranty. The quote was for 6 years up to 100,000 miles bumper to bumper. One thing you have to do is read all the fine print, there are a lot of horror stories out there. $9,000 is nuts for a warranty. I might try the Mercury Auto Pom warranty, if you do a search on the forum there are 2 people who have it and are happy. Also if you want a BMW warranty and or BMW maintenance plan check this website for a quote http://bmwpartssource.com/partlocato...?siteid=216042there's a link on the left middle of there website, if u do post what there quote is. They are
a BMW dealer Faulkner BMW of Lancaster PA.

Here are some links that I had bookmark:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=609342

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=601079

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=612780

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=612046

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=545790

Hope it helps,
Marc

Last edited by msa9167; 06-08-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Nothing quite like a 6

Thanks man, I'm checking everything you send me. My car still under original warranty but recently I just paid $800+ for the differential and transmission fluid at South Bay BMW. They say it's not covered by original warranty and maintenance.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:44 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by reytran View Post
I've searched around but there is no topic about this in 6 series sub forum. I just wanna ask how much did you pay for ur extended warranty. I think extended warranty is almost not an option for the 6. Extended maintenance is not that useful? I've heard that buying extended warranty from other states is much cheaper than buying from Cali. I live in south LA. My dealer quote me around $9k for the extended warranty with LoJack when I bought the car, they say buying from them is cheapest I can get. Is that true? Anyone can give me some opinion. Thanks.

How's ur car when going? Is it true about the Myth that BMW often have electrical problems? iDrive and parts? I recently got Navi problems, replaced and 2 days later have to bring to dealer again. It works now thanks god.
I have an 07' that I picked up on Nov. It had 36k miles on it.
I purchased a warranty from Auto-pom for $2500. That was their best coverage that covers the car for 5 years or 100K miles with $0 deductible. There are lots of posts about this. Read carefully as some have been burnt on the coverage exclusions. There are many kinds of coverage so do your homework. Good luck.

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Old 06-09-2012, 10:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 M6 Coupe'
I just got one from mileage plus at the dealer i bought my car from....full coverage (or as full as you can get) 4yrs up to 60k miles.....(i have 19k now) for $2600.... my car was out of factory warranty and was not CPO due to the year......

"Sir Spend-A-Lot".....
Consort of an angry duchess.....Squire of the Domain of Neiman-Marcus
Old 06-09-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks man, I'm checking everything you send me. My car still under original warranty but recently I just paid $800+ for the differential and transmission fluid at South Bay BMW. They say it's not covered by original warranty and maintenance.
How come you had the change the diff and trans fluid? I thought the BMW trans fluid was lifetime? The $800 seems a lot just to replace the trans and diff fluids. What year and how many miles does your 650 have?
Old 06-09-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseng View Post
I have an 07' that I picked up on Nov. It had 36k miles on it.
I purchased a warranty from Auto-pom for $2500. That was their best coverage that covers the car for 5 years or 100K miles with $0 deductible. There are lots of posts about this. Read carefully as some have been burnt on the coverage exclusions. There are many kinds of coverage so do your homework. Good luck.
Roseng, have you had any claims with the Auto Pom warranty? If you did any trouble with them? I'm thinking about going with them as my warranty is up in Feb.
Thanks
Old 06-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Nothing quite like a 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by msa9167 View Post
How come you had the change the diff and trans fluid? I thought the BMW trans fluid was lifetime? The $800 seems a lot just to replace the trans and diff fluids. What year and how many miles does your 650 have?
Mine is 2009 650i with 48,000 miles on. I don't know, i'm new to bm and that's what the dealer said.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:02 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto:
Quote:

I give very aggresive pricing for Bimmerfest customers and am actually in the Los Angeles area. If you are interested in getting a quote just send me a message. Thanks.
(818) 552-4611

danieldutton@pacificbmw.com
Old 06-12-2012, 11:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 F10 550i
$3400 for BMW corporate platinum extended warranty from Shelly in Beuna Park.

It's paid for itself already.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:18 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 650i
BMW Warranty

Try checking out Endurance out of Texas, I got a warranty for $4100- which
Covers everything but wear parts, tires, belts etc. 5 years or
101,000 miles on my 2008 650i, 48K. BBB rated them A+.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:53 AM

Mein Auto: 645ci
Endurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthd View Post
Try checking out Endurance out of Texas, I got a warranty for $4100- which
Covers everything but wear parts, tires, belts etc. 5 years or
101,000 miles on my 2008 650i, 48K. BBB rated them A+.
My extended warranty company is also named Endurance, howerver they are based in IL. They are okay. for more info read the following post http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611218&highlight=" on 5/8/2012.

Last edited by castercorey; 06-18-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:02 PM

Mein Auto: 650i
warranty

I have an 06 convert with 24K and was quoted today by Southpoint BMW in Sarasota FL
a bumper to bumper warranty for 3 yrs for $3362 . I was told that if I wait till the mileage increases to above 25K the cost will increase by $1500. I to need to decide quickly which way to go.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Nothing quite like a 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by castercorey View Post
My extended warranty company is also named Endurance, howerver they are based in IL. They are okay. for more info read the following post http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611218&highlight=" on 5/8/2012.
I've read your case. That's epic. Lots of headache. I think I'm gonna get from a BMW dealer for a piece of mind. I don't want to get tired with all the claim and wrong part sent.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:34 AM

Mein Auto: 650i
I just got off the phone with autoPOM and i guess they are associated with mercury..But reading the post all i ever heard was horror stories about that corporation..Damn can a person get get coverage for a car without feeling he is about to get his pants pulled down?? Such tragedy...
Old 06-19-2012, 11:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 650i Coupe 6MT
Hello, new owner of an 08 coupe 6 speed with 36k miles. During the purchase process, Beverly Hills BMW offered full extended warranty for 3 years or next 36000 miles for $4500. Maintenance for $2700 or something like that. Thought it was a bit much so I declined both.

Car is solid, but I think I'm going to go with an aftermarket extended warranty for peace of mind.

Coop919, where did you read the horror stories about autopom? I can't seem to find them and I'm reading decent reviews about them. Or maybe I just suck at searching.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on Mercury, the reviews seem good enough. Platinum full coverage including electronics package 100000 miles / 60 months quoted $2355 with $100 deductible.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:31 PM

Mein Auto: 650i Convertible
Its really a headache trying to feel comfortable with one of these extended warranty companies because you never know if you're going to get screwed or not. It's like making a transaction in a dark alley where you might get jacked or come away feeling like you have gotten a great deal . Peace of mind comes at a price in the car business. That is one of the reasons why I looked for CPO cars to give some coverage on major items. Sure things will break and that is why I've always believed in keeping a slush fund to take care of certain mishaps if no warranty and you plan on keeping the car. The dealer offer might be a bit more but they might take care of you better than another comapny that would have to be haggling with the dealer anyway if your car is at their shop to fix.Usually if you buy from your dealer and you know the SA pretty well, they will take care of you. Its all in the realtionships my friend.

Previous Cars:
2008 650 Convertible 6 speed manual
2004 645 Convertible 6 speed manual
1994 540 6 speed manual
Old 06-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Nothing quite like a 6

AutoPom pull a good deal however every time you have a problem you gotta file a claim and wait for the part to come to the dealer. I'm going to get one from BMW dealer, more expensive but it's a piece of mind I think.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Yup.

Mein Auto: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo645 View Post
Its really a headache trying to feel comfortable with one of these extended warranty companies because you never know if you're going to get screwed or not. It's like making a transaction in a dark alley where you might get jacked or come away feeling like you have gotten a great deal . Peace of mind comes at a price in the car business. That is one of the reasons why I looked for CPO cars to give some coverage on major items. Sure things will break and that is why I've always believed in keeping a slush fund to take care of certain mishaps if no warranty and you plan on keeping the car. The dealer offer might be a bit more but they might take care of you better than another comapny that would have to be haggling with the dealer anyway if your car is at their shop to fix.Usually if you buy from your dealer and you know the SA pretty well, they will take care of you. Its all in the realtionships my friend.
Truth.

Maserati GT 4.2
Range Rover 4.4
Dodge Ram 1500

PAST: ALPINA B7, e63, e39, e39, e36
Old 06-19-2012, 12:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to arh1000
Mein Auto: 2009 650i Convertible
I also purchased the BMW Corporate Platinum coverage for about $3k but have not needed it yet.

2009 650i Convertible - black sapphire metallic (475) - cream beige dakota leather (LCGE) - maple wood trim (04BW) - sport package (0ZSP) - cold weather package (0ZCW) - premium sound package (0ZPS) - head-up display (0610) - comfort access (0322) - RTTI (06UH) - navigation (0609) - adaptive light control (0524).
Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
I've read your case. That's epic. Lots of headache. I think I'm gonna get from a BMW dealer for a piece of mind. I don't want to get tired with all the claim and wrong part sent.
Yes it was a pain , but I got my baby back in better shape. If you are looking at 3rd party extenended warranty then you will have a simular story if put into my position. However I have no experience in dealing with CPO warranties. I heard it is much more smoother.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:35 PM

Mein Auto: 650i convertible
I paid $5000 for my 5 year or up to 75000 miles (whatever comes first) with a company callled Zurich. It has a $100 deductible. I got it from the BMW dealer and they swear by it as the best warranty which never fails to pay. I've heard that other cheaper warranties are difficult to get your claim reimbursed.

Last edited by soniamenenberg; 06-28-2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 06-29-2012, 07:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by castercorey View Post
Yes it was a pain , but I got my baby back in better shape. If you are looking at 3rd party extenended warranty then you will have a simular story if put into my position. However I have no experience in dealing with CPO warranties. I heard it is much more smoother.
I can add feedback for the CPO, it is very smooth. Really there are no disputes, whatever they find is the problem they tell you immediately whether it is a non-covered or covered item. If it is covered (which all $5000 of my repairs were under CPO) they proceed immediately into it with genuine, new, BMW parts. I guess they could have used reman'd parts, but typically they pull them out and start repairing ASAP and I never thought to inquire as I could not envision parts that were not new!

Not to mention CPO gives me BMW roadside and full dealer labor rates. None of the "we pay standard rates" and if you take it to the dealer who is higher you end up paying the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniamenenberg View Post
I paid $5000 for my 5 year or up to 75000 miles (whatever comes first) with a company callled Zurich. It has a $100 deductible. I got it from the BMW dealer and they swear by it as the best warranty which never fails to pay. I've heard that other cheaper warranties are difficult to get your claim reimbursed.
The only problem with Dealer purchased non-CPO warranties is that they are still administered by a third-party. Typically it is the Finance Managers who well the after-market extended warranty, at least the ones that pitch it to me were. So whatever sales-guy talked them into using their company is the one they are selling. But I would think that most BMW dealers would stick with a quality provider like the one they sold you, Zurich.

Even though my car was CPO I did buy an aftermarket road hazard program for my tires and rims. Worked out well, but even though I went back to my same dealer to initiate several claims there was one that dragged on in a dog-fight between me and the third-party company. The dealer was not much help since it wasn't BMW.

Third party companies are in it to make money. So they are going to stick REAL close to the exclusion list that is in your contract. Read it closely!

Last edited by tampamark; 06-29-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post
I can add feedback for the CPO, it is very smooth. Really there are no disputes, whatever they find is the problem they tell you immediately whether it is a non-covered or covered item. If it is covered (which all $5000 of my repairs were under CPO) they proceed immediately into it with genuine, new, BMW parts. I guess they could have used reman'd parts, but typically they pull them out and start repairing ASAP and I never thought to inquire as I could not envision parts that were not new!

Not to mention CPO gives me BMW roadside and full dealer labor rates. None of the "we pay standard rates" and if you take it to the dealer who is higher you end up paying the difference.

The only problem with Dealer purchased non-CPO warranties is that they are still administered by a third-party. Typically it is the Finance Managers who well the after-market extended warranty, at least the ones that pitch it to me were. So whatever sales-guy talked them into using their company is the one they are selling. But I would think that most BMW dealers would stick with a quality provider like the one they sold you, Zurich.

Even though my car was CPO I did buy an aftermarket road hazard program for my tires and rims. Worked out well, but even though I went back to my same dealer to initiate several claims there was one that dragged on in a dog-fight between me and the third-party company. The dealer was not much help since it wasn't BMW.

Third party companies are in it to make money. So they are going to stick REAL close to the exclusion list that is in your contract. Read it closely!
Well said sir!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 650i convertible
Today I bought an extended warranty from Auto-POM. It is a 48 month 100,000 mile platinum, with electronics package, and $50 deductible. Cost $2,317. I thought the exclusions were fairly limited. I hope I am right. They no longer offer a 60 month, 100,000 mile option according to Lisa.