Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 03-10-2004, 10:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 330Ci
Alpine CHA-S634 & Factory Head Unit

This changer lists that it plays MP3 and passes data (tag) to the head unit. I was wondering if anybody has one, or can confirm this.
Ads by Google
Old 03-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
I'll move it to the Audio forum.

Welcome to the Board
Old 03-10-2004, 05:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 325CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evancich
This changer lists that it plays MP3 and passes data (tag) to the head unit. I was wondering if anybody has one, or can confirm this.
Yes it does play MP3s but no song title info or tag to the display on BMW radio.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 335i M-Sport EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWolfey
Yes it does play MP3s but no song title info or tag to the display on BMW radio.
And it only displays tracks as 2 digits, so track 110 displays as 10. Also, the random feature only work as disc random and not all discs random. So when you press the random button, it selects a disc randomly and then plays all the songs in the selected disc randomly.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:30 AM
2 pieces dry white toast

Send a message via ICQ to Elwood
Mein Auto: Mystic '04 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDV330i
...the random feature only work as disc random and not all discs random. So when you press the random button, it selects a disc randomly and then plays all the songs in the selected disc randomly.
That's not as bad as you think. I have the OEM (wanted the alpine) and it does the cross disc shuffle. Unfortunatly I leave a wide variety of music in the player. currently Metalica, White Stripes, DMB, Miles Davis, Wynton Marsalis, Jimmy Hendrix. Random play across cd's would make for an interesting mix.

- 2004 BMW 330Ci - Mystic Blue - Sports Pkg - Hole in Roof -
- Bum Warmers - M3 Wheel - ZHP Knob - Arai for the noggin -
- UUC Swaybarbarians - To tell me this is a repost, get in line -