Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 06-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '09 335i
E89 35i has arrived

At the dealer, picking it up tomorrow. Ordered it at the very beginning of May with a scheduled late May production slot (I think it was the 2nd to last or the last week of May, I actually wanted to pick this up early July). It's already here. Dealer told me to expect a late June delivery at the earliest. I was shocked to get a call the other day saying it was already on the truck and scheduled for arrival this week.

2012 Z4 35i
-Black Sapphire / Walnut interior
-Cold Weather Pkg
-M-sport Pkg
-7spd DCT

Kept this one a simple build. It's my 3rd BMW, first convertible. Very much so looking forward to this car. One of BMW's best designs in recent years (IMHO).

Pictures will be up tomorrow. We'll see if I can manage to sleep tonight with the glorious day ahead tomorrow.
Ads by Google
Old 06-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Chairman of the Bored

Mein Auto: 2013 650i Coupe
Good color combo. I'm thinking about ordering a 2013 yeller 35i. The '13 has the premium package and CA standard.

2012 328i Coupe
2013 650i Coupe ( retired for Porsche 911 )
Old 06-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '09 335i
Quick review after putting about 100 miles on the car today (can't resist a drive).

Wow... I understand why BMW never offered these in coupes like the previous generation. The exhaust note, what a treat. I expected this car to be somewhat similar of a experience compared to my E90 (335i), considering they share a very similar powerplant (sans DCT on the E90), I was wrong. That rumble in 2nd gear above 3000rpm when you let off the throttle is great when you have the top down. Overall, drives really great. It truly feels like a refined version of my last car, and in a convertible body. Feels more powerful even though they should technically have the same output. DCT probably helps on that level. As you can expect I didn't get around to photos. Will hopefully have some up in the next couple days.