Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 06-19-2012, 07:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i
My wife and I had so much fun picking up my 335i last year that we've convinced my dad to do ED on a 750i he's planning to buy. He's not that into cars so i've offered to pick it up for him. But the thought of driving a big 7 in Europe sounds a bit daunting. Even the 3 series seemed huge in Italy. Still am excited. If I can work out a favorable lease swap I might even do an ED for a final model year e92 M3. Might get a bit anti-climatic at that point...nah.

http://nyccarblog.blogspot.com/
Old 06-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
Different people react to similar things differently. As long as you don't hate ED, then I'll think you'll be fine.

As others have mentioned, it helps to think about doing new things (if you enjoy a sense of discovery), or things you wanted to do before and didn't do on the last trip. Additionally, just think about the things that excite you. Personally, I like the flight itself, the premium lounge, and driving the autobahn. I couldn't care less (after a few EDs) for the museum, production line and vehicle overview. Naturally, it'll be different for you, and some people enjoy everything about ED regardless of the number of times.

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454

Last edited by chrischeung; 06-19-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:11 PM
MPowered RPh

Mein Auto: '11 M3 Comp & '12 528Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 323power View Post
stonemik and I coincidentally did our first ED's on the same day back in September and we were both pretty excited

However, unlike him, I'm already excited for my next ED in 2014
Ok got it figured out - it's not the car, and it's not the timing...(well it is the car a little bit hehe). I got "The Email" today from Santiago, my CA. The car completed production yesterday for July 23rd pickup and he got the pickup time moved ahead to 9:20am *yippie* And I did get a bit excited reading that email he sent this evening. But at the same time, it was "empty." Then it hit me... 323power had mentioned it but it didn't register...it was the fact that there were 5 ED's from this board picking up the same day. The comradery that existed during the preparation and pickup is what's missing - (looks like I'm solo from this board on July 23rd (so far))

***Warning: Sentiments ahead***
I know it's a campy thought, but ED is like a big dessert - it's best shared, which is why I think everyone here loves the 12 hour rule. We can live vicariously through our BMW brethren. I've met a lot of people through this board over the past 2 years, and I have come to value them, but meeting them in person, at an ED...well that's very special.

Long live BMW and bimmerfest.com

///Mike

'12 528i xDrive/Mohave/Beige/Premium/gadgets

'11 M3 - Coupe/Space Gray/Black/Aluminum/Comp/Conv/Cold/Prem2/CF all around