Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i GT
Coding Disaster! (Not really...)

So I'm messing around at lunch today with a open blue pen in my hand. I reach over to stretch and draw a long blue line on the moonroof cover.

Anyone have suggestions on how to clean ink off the fabric? I read somewhere that you can use alchohol to remove the airbag warrnings from the visors. Would that be safe on the roof liner?

Worst case I guess I can get it replaced. I'd say I can live with it but I can't...

FWIW
DLM

Last edited by dmunz; 06-20-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 06-20-2012, 04:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Doh...you should have opted for the BMW Individual anthracite roof lining.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 06-20-2012, 07:30 PM

Mein Auto: F10
Try rubbing alcohol. It should make the ink bleed and then it will start to disappear as you work with it longer. The rubbing alcohol also evaporates before it can leave a wet mark. The wife uses this method on our microfiber couch all the time. Makes it look brand new.

Let us know if it works. Worst case it doesn't and you have to get a new cover

Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunz View Post
So I'm messing around a lunch today with a open blue pen in my hand. I reach over to streach and draw a long blue line on the moonroof cover.

Anyone have suggestions on how to clean ink off the fabric? I read somewhere that you can use alchohol to remove the air bag warrnings from the visors. Would that be safe on the roof liner?

Worst case I guess I can get it replaced. I'd say I can live with it but I can't...

FWIW
DLM
Old 06-21-2012, 04:23 AM

Mein Auto: Future: F80 M3
Yup go to Cvs and pick up the red color rubbing alcohol bottle (not the blue one ) pour it in a sprayer and use it.

Shall we add this to our cheat sheet
Old 06-21-2012, 04:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunz View Post
So I'm messing around at lunch today with a open blue pen in my hand. I reach over to stretch and draw a long blue line on the moonroof cover. :mad
I did the same thing with an exacto knife once....

Check with you local car wash, they usually have cleaner similar to the dry cleaners, it lifts the ink out and doesn't make it run.....

2011 550i M-Sport
2011 Countryman S
Bell 407
Old 07-01-2012, 08:31 AM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
I find that 404 Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner will get out any stain.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Old 07-05-2012, 04:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i
I'd do a thorough Google search for how to clean ink from fabric or headliner. If you do it wrong, you could end up with a permanent nasty blue smear on your sunroof.