Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750i
Kids disrespecting elders.

Involves coarse language. Watch at your own discretion.

How much does this piss you off? What is the point of making an innocent bus monitor lady cry? Can't believe kids in today's society are like this. I wish these 8th graders were a little older so they face allegations and charges!

2011 BMW 750i (Current)
2010 BMW 528i

Last edited by PlzDuntBanMe; 06-19-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2012, 05:06 AM
On Top

Send a message via AIM to SWISS Send a message via Yahoo to SWISS
Mein Auto: E30 S52 / S52 M roady
The nation has grown callus and cold. Everyday I am disrespected on the road without fail. Something in me says the rudeness and instant gratification are connected and have created an entitlement syndrome that breeds dishonor.

Nonetheless one thing is for certain, the people have grown far more self centered and rude.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
It's really pathetic. I'm glad my parents are no longer alive to see what is becoming of the once great nation that they worked so hard to help build. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great kids still around today, but the percentage of these disrespectful punks is really growing.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
Old 06-20-2012, 03:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to dannyc9997
Mein Auto: 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsbuc View Post
It's really pathetic. I'm glad my parents are no longer alive to see what is becoming of the once great nation that they worked so hard to help build. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great kids still around today, but the percentage of these disrespectful punks is really growing.
Agreed, and I'm 22. I live in a pretty well off area, median income ~$75000~ and of all the kids I know 15-18...most are simply too out of touch with reality. The ones that regularly attend school are being arbitrarily passed, and they know it. It's really scary to think how these people will function when on their own.

I think we are going to be inundated with low quality workers, and there just are not going to be enough of those basic jobs that anyone can handle. Only so many people can work the low end of the system, it won't be long until we see a huge rise in poverty, homelessness, drugs/violence.

Some people think we say this about every new generation, however 4 years after I left my local high school....dozens of rules about think like phone use, hats, clothing, attendence.....have all changed because they can't punish/suspend/fail everyone...the rules are being bent to fit an impossible group of people!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:34 PM

Mein Auto: A car
that is just horrible. I hope they get some discipline fast...

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:53 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 530i
Maybe if they put them in time out.................shaking head.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIA View Post
Maybe if they put them in time out.................shaking head.
Oh no! We shouldn't stress the poor children. It would be too humiliating and inhuman!!!
(Heavy Sarcasm)

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
Old 06-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 410K
It's pretty wild. Kids are handed way too much privilege and luxury these days methinks. We remodeled a kitchen in a house in a golf course community back in '99. Took a couple months - they did take out and restaurants for the duration but the kids would be around the house with the nanny during most of our work. These people are well to do - hubby is a pharma chemist, mother is a BofA exec. I was shocked at the way the 10 y.o. boy would talk to his mother. And she all meek in response. Stuff like, 'come on little Johnnie, we need to go.' 'GD-it mom, I can't find my F-ing glasses!'

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking imagine themselves ideally suited for the world as it ought to be. - anon

Last edited by cmac2012; 06-20-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:42 PM

Mein Auto: '06 X3, 1997 Chevy truck,
those boys are in line for a visit from kharma that will leave them in a state of disheartened devastation reserved for the worst of humankind. life will be hell for them.

hope it's all on TV.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Renaissance Dude

The nation as a whole is stumbling on that karma. People believe they are entitled to a great deal and have right to consume at prodigious rates . . . just because. Whether it makes any sense or not is off limits, that's messing with people's freedom, doncha know.

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking imagine themselves ideally suited for the world as it ought to be. - anon
Old 06-20-2012, 09:20 PM

Mein Auto: 92 325i
We "arent supposed" to give leasons in humility anymore. I know I got my daily lessons from my parents and teachers. And now its my turn. Ive made my kids use please before asking for anything and thank you if they get it. Just good old fashion manners.

Sent from my thumb to your eyes
Primered Black 92' 325i. Ireland Engineering Header, Ireland Engineering Catback, TMS Underdrive pulleys, TMS chip, Bav auto fpr, Power Flow cai, Bav auto coil packs, Cool Carbon pads, Eiback springs, Bilstien Sport HD shocks/struts, 3.23 LSD, Understeer short shifter, 16'' Spal Fan, Goodridge Steel Brakelines, M3 Bumper, Black out grill, clear tails, M3 mirrors.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
The nation as a whole is stumbling on that karma. People believe they are entitled to a great deal and have right to consume at prodigious rates . . . just because. Whether it makes any sense or not is off limits, that's messing with people's freedom, doncha know.

I don't believe it's the entire nation. Our one home is in a very very poor rural area and not only the kids but the adults as well are extremely polite. I was carrying a bag of groceries out to the car from one of those quick shops and some guy opened the door then stepped over to my car and opened that door. I was in shock.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:36 AM
Renaissance Dude

I'll agree that there are still plenty of decent people in the world. But the degree of entitlement is on the increase. A lot of people believe they are entitled to luxury and if anyone gets in their way, oopsie.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:59 AM

Mein Auto: A car
Quote:
I don't believe it's the entire nation. Our one home is in a very very poor rural area and not only the kids but the adults as well are extremely polite. I was carrying a bag of groceries out to the car from one of those quick shops and some guy opened the door then stepped over to my car and opened that door. I was in shock.
I saw a lady loading shopping into her trunk in the parking lot the other day and I stopped to help her with the bags and a big sack of pet food... I think it is just something that people do - she looked like she was struggling and had children that were playing up a little .. no big deal, and it took me maybe 10 seconds...

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:03 AM

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
That reminds me of the New Jersey that I grew up in during my 7th/8th grade.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 328I COUPE SPORT PACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlzDuntBanMe View Post
Involves coarse language. Watch at your own discretion.

How much does this piss you off? What is the point of making an innocent bus monitor lady cry? Can't believe kids in today's society are like this. I wish these 8th graders were a little older so they face allegations and charges!
The only ones to blame are the parents. You teach them disrespect, no values and that they can get away with murder and that's why kids are the way they are
Old 06-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
If one of those kids was my son, he'd be spending some serious time over at that lady's house performing chores. And I'd better not hear any griping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 06-21-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Meanwhile, Klein, of Rochester, N.Y., has received more than $200,000 in online donations in hopes that the grandmother of eight will take a "vacation of a lifetime," according to fundraising site Indiegogo.com. As of midday Thursday, a total of $201,925 had been received for Klein and the video had been viewed on YouTube more than 1.6 million times.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/21...#ixzz1yS7iCM00

WOW!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Raoul Duke

Mein Auto: Great Red Shark
Quote:
It's already up to more than $270k and seems to be growing about $1k every 5 or 10 minutes.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/124322?i=pift
Old 06-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Over $300,000 now. Unbelievable response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 06-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Raoul Duke

Mein Auto: Great Red Shark
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
Over $300,000 now. Unbelievable response!
Nearly $340 per minute. Now it's at $340k!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:24 PM

Wanna bet who's laughing now.......................
Old 06-21-2012, 07:54 PM
I feed trolls

Mein Auto: 3 series
I'll be the one to say it.

I hate my generation. Everything morally wrong has become socially acceptable. I am 17 and just graduated high school. I know 6 pregnant girls my age or younger, and two more that just delivered. 4 of them do not know who the dad is, and out of the two that do, only one dad is going to take care of the kid too. None of these girls (with the exception of the one who's guy is helping out) are financially fit, emotionally fit, or socially responsible for a baby (I know at least two of the girls pregnant are still having sex with more rando guys too ). These kids are going to grow up to be little shlts; it's a shame really. Then you start talking about the folks who think everything is just there and they don't have to work for it. For example, many of the kids who graduated with me had their tanks filled by mom and dad. No, not because mom and dad were being nice, but because the kids were druggies and the next dime bag was more important, and working for your money is sooooo dumb I cannot fathom as to why these parents would just shell 50-60 bucks a week to fill their deadbeat child's tank. I was told that if I don't work, I won't be allowed to buy a car, and once I have said car, im on my own filling it up. That altimatem makes you learn money management real quick, as there is nothing worse than having a car and having to ride the big yellow sore loser cruiser cause you have no gas

I guess my point is, I hope things turn around for the better in the next generation. No more of this '16 and pregnant' crap, and less of these ' child protections'(with obvious exceptions) and entitlement. In my book, if you complain about anything that youve been given as a gift, you're a turd of a being, and subsequentally you should be barred from recieving any more gifts until you learn some damn manners.

RIP Ben "Jever" Doebele, we wont forget you

Please, call me Chadley

1997 328iS... HR coilovers, Brembo F40 calipers, camber plates, it needs a CUMMINS!!

1990-somethin Chevy K3500... Cummins, cab swap, 5 speed, and lots of motor work. 20 MPG, 40 PSI, 507 ft/lbs torque
Old 06-21-2012, 07:59 PM

400K I couldn't resist.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Omni Extaris

Mein Auto: The Axles of Evil
I saw this type of behavior when I was in school back east when I was a kid.

Bullying is ignored and accepted.

Even of adults.

And people are surprised?

You can blame the kids all you like.

I blame the parents, the schools, and our culture for allowing this sh1t to go on.

Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
Samuel Clemens

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7800&dateline=1275495849

Last edited by paulg; 06-21-2012 at 10:16 PM.