Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 06-20-2012, 07:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
F30 delivery coming up

I've been literally coming to this forum on a daily basis, reading your experiences, seeing unbelievable photos and really building up much anticipation for the delivery of my first BMW.
It has been a great resource and a great guide in the process. It also led me to using the best CA I've worked with so far...one of the board sponsors.
So thank you!

I'm scheduled for an F30 pickup for July 2nd which will be a lease and plan on spending 12 days in Europe...having a second honeymoon with my wife.

I'm open to any thoughts, but so far here's what I've put together in terms of destinations:
- we'll be going into Frankfurt before delivery, take the train and then spend 1 day in Munich before the actual delivery day.
- the afternoon after delivery will be travelling to Prague to spend 2 nights there (any good routes?)
- next stop will be from Prague to Salzburg for 2 nights, then onto Venice for another 3 nights.

I've booked hotels already for these cities, but nothing for the last 4 nights before drop-off.
Was thinking of going over to Lake Como then maybe south Bavaria on the way back to drop-off in Munich.

Any other suggestions?
Is there anybody else scheduled for July 2nd?

Cheers!
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 E92 M3
Congrats Northeaster.
By July 2nd I will be reaching the end of my journey as you're about to start yours.

Enjoy it. I wanted to go to Prague and Venice too, but I ended up taking a different route.

The anticipation and planning are heighten to the point of becoming an obsession.

Don't forget to come back here to share your pics.

European Delivery: June 25, 2012
Old 06-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 E92 M3
Forgot to mention.
We are doing Salzburg, Merano, Lake Como, staying in Bellagio, then leaving for Fussen via Switerzland then heading back to Munich

European Delivery: June 25, 2012
Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 PM

Mein Auto: Civic / F30
We took part of the eastern route that you are planning on doing (Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague)....I would recommend doing rothenburg ob der tauber. It is a very cool little town to spend a night and you can take the romantic road from Munich...just a thought. Probably doesn't answer your question.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Thanks for your thoughts.
I think I may head from Lake Como to Fussen, visit the castles and take a few reference pictures there.

Do you guys recommend any romantic place to stay in or outside of Fussen?