Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Old 06-23-2012, 09:07 PM

Mein Auto: 650i xdrive convertible
2013 X6 M or 50

I am seriously of thinking of buying an X6. Does anyone have any argument for not getting the M version? Not worried about gas mileage. How much faster is the M or the 50? Any tips would be helpful. Thanks.
Ads by Google
Old 06-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 F10 550 M-Sport
Higher acquisition cost would be the only reason not to get the X6M
Old 06-25-2012, 03:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 Cmp Pk&650 M sprt
X6m

Hands down X6M.

Got my earlier this month, smooth & quiet, thus when you need the extra VROOM, you can hear it roar!!

X6M = 555 hp

x6 5.0 = 400 hp

hope this helps...
Old 06-25-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenxesq View Post
Hands down X6M.

Got my earlier this month, smooth & quiet, thus when you need the extra VROOM, you can hear it roar!!

X6M = 555 hp

x6 5.0 = 400 hp

hope this helps...
I debated when I found out the M package kicks the 50i up to 440 hp, but found out I have absolutely no self control. Plus the dealer had an allocation about to be built, so I'm probably going to have it in 3-4 weeks with my exact options. (ordered it this morning)

Last edited by Bradh2238; 06-25-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:11 PM

Mein Auto: X6
Hey Brad,
Where did you order yours? I'm also from Denver and Schomp told me that I won't get it till September. I ordered it two weeks ago and they are saying they will "go the extra mile" for the production spot. I'm anxiously waiting for it oh and I got the M package with 50i!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:30 PM

I ordered it from Murray Motors. If your dealer had to submit a new request from scratch, I'm guessing they are probably about right. If I understand it right, when a dealer has already submitted to have one built, then it can be faster. In my case, the one I ordered was about 48 hours away from being built, so it was simply a matter of going in and changing a few of the options already selected. So, in theory, my order was placed months ago by the dealer for the dealer. I stepped into their allocation, and that is how I moved to the front of the line. Getting a 50i in Denver must be a challenge. I couldn't find one anywhere to even test drive. Likewise, the "M" is just as difficult, I just had good timing and because I was just coming off a buyback (sold by a difficult dealer to deal with in Nebraska) and I think they felt sorry for me. A dealer from California called right after I ordered mine and wanted to trade for it. If your dealer can find one anywhere in the country at another dealer I am sure they can try to trade for it and get you yours faster. The question is, "Do they really want to go the extra mile?" Good luck!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:59 PM

Mein Auto: Was 2010 X6 35i
I hope Schomp gets the order right. I had an expedited production number allocated two weeks ago (after a buyback) and they screwed up our order, car is already being built with mid to late July delivery but wrong options,so now we are back to wait and see in regards to production numbers and dates with late August/September being mentioned!!
Former '03 X5 3.0 (Stolen)
Former '01 X5 3.0 (Lemoned)
Former 1998 Range Rover 4.6HSE
Former 1995 Isuzu Trooper LS 3.0
Old 06-26-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifly View Post
I hope Schomp gets the order right. I had an expedited production number allocated two weeks ago (after a buyback) and they screwed up our order, car is already being built with mid to late July delivery but wrong options,so now we are back to wait and see in regards to production numbers and dates with late August/September being mentioned!!
If I do the math right looking at your purchase history. that is two lemons now, a stolen car, and now a screwed up order. Factoring in the repair history on any Range Rover from that time period, you should probably just start taking the bus!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradh2238 View Post
If I do the math right looking at your purchase history. that is two lemons now, a stolen car, and now a screwed up order. Factoring in the repair history on any Range Rover from that time period, you should probably just start taking the bus!
Actually it has probably enabled us to drive close to free for nearly 5 years over the last 12. Can't fault me for bad workmanship by BMW and the car being stolen in Poland is a story that requires a lot of alcohol and a couple of hours! The Range Rover was just a comedy act that I was glad to get out of! The Isuzu and 2004 X5 were keepers though, not a single problem with either.

Last edited by ifly; 06-26-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifly View Post
Actually it has probably enabled us to drive close to free for nearly 5 years over the last 12. Can't fault me for bad workmanship by BMW and the car being stolen in Poland is a story that requires a lot of alcohol and a couple of hours! The Range Rover was just a comedy act that I was glad to get out of! The Isuzu and 2004 X5 were keepers though, not a single problem with either.
I can't fault you for the lemons, but as for Poland, don't you mean the car was stolen in a few hours as the result of lots of alcohol?

Last edited by Bradh2238; 06-28-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:41 AM

Here's my scoope

I ended up ordering mine at Schomp because they made all these promises that they will get the order right and get my car in production! It's like been 3 weeks and they are saying they are trying their best to get me a spot? Uhm... shouldn't that already happen? I will give them till Monday and if not I will see if Vegas can do anything for me. It's not like they are any cheaper! I don't care about the price more when I will get the car! Bradh2238, what color did you get your car? Did you end up getting your //M 6? Or added with the ///M package? I told them that they need to double check my ///M package because apparently some owners doesn't get the door sills and the black exhaust on the M package on the 50. What was your option? Color? Mind to share that?
Old 06-29-2012, 12:01 PM

I ordered the X6M. Struggled over Carbon Black and Black Sapphire. After enough polling of friends and every salesman, as well as randomly calling other dealers went with Carbon Black. I put every option on the car, except full leather, active seats, and ventilated seats. Still struggling with it, but I have never been a fan of ventilated seats (I spill stuff and am always nervous about coke or coffee getting in the holes). As for the active seats, there seems to be a debate as to whether they are annoying or functional. Full leather is a little more maintenance in a super dry climate. Plus, the dealer told me from a resale standpoint you don't get anything back on those options. If time is your biggest concern, you should order from a dealer in Houston, or one by a port. Delivery wise, I've heard it can take an extra 3 weeks to get cars to Denver. Not sure on the X6, since it is made in SC, but I've heard there is a huge difference for stuff coming out of Germany. Honestly, the prices are also more competitive down there. Buying an SUV or all wheel drive car in a town where everyone wants one will always take longer. I saved $7000 when I bought my Range Rover out of New York. Here they were selling over sticker the demand was so high. In New York they were giving them away.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:42 PM

OKay, gotcha! I guess I will know who you are when I see you driving your car! I got the ///M package and I doubled confirmed with Schomp that they need to confirm with the BMW factor that they will have have the door sills and also the black exhaust for the package. I heard on this forum that customer are not getting it. I just want it really bad! Well, the good thing is that there isn't much X6 on the road yet! I can't wait though!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:43 PM

Hey Ifly,
You ordered yours at Schomp too? May I know what packages you got and when you placed the order? I placed my order exactly three weeks ago and they are still saying that they are trying to find a production spot for me. Is that the same case for you? Can you fill me in? What color is your car?
Old 06-29-2012, 10:35 PM

The build is in the Sig below. They expedited a production spot for me three weeks ago and gave me a production order number the same day, car went into production a week and a half ago, unfortunately they did not stay on top of an ordering snafu and we are not taking that as it has options that were not desired. FYI the car will be finished with Production July 2nd, expected at dealership July 12th to 20th if your in the market for a 50i Midnight Blue, Sand Beige, Sport Activity Package (which we did not want), luxury seating, Premium Package, Premium Sound (they added Enhanced Premium Sound as well, not wanted), HUD, BMW Apps, Cold Weather Package and Space Saver Spare. I'm sure they will find a buyer for the car but it royally screwed us up as they are now talking Late August possibly September for a delivery!!!

LOL, that's 3 of us trying to find a production spot from Schomp in the past two to three weeks. I wonder how many other folk out there are who are not members on these boards are also in the same pickle??

Last edited by ifly; 06-29-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:37 PM

Bradh233 got his form Murray! We got ours at Schomp! Dumb ass client advisor at Murray was like , you should buy from us so we u can get free Valet at CC. Uhm.. Do I give a f$ck about that? Lol U got the 50 ?
Old 06-29-2012, 10:44 PM

Yep, had a 35 and had way too many problems so BMW bought it back. Like the pickup on the 50 and it gets the same mpg now as our old 2010 X6.

Might wander into Murray tomorrow, although not really bothered as we have an X5 35d as a loaner so I'm not paying for these problems Schomp is!

Last edited by ifly; 06-29-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:49 PM

Oh really? I heard BMW is more like a luck thing! it's either good or bad! I hope it works out for you! Did you put down your deposit already for the car? Well, I am pretty much giving schomp this last week ! I hate the fact that they keep saying that everyone is involved and will need more time. I don't care , you sold me the car with the time and I want it by August! I'm paying $87,000 for mine and I expect them to bend their back for it. Making money isn't easy.. Just putting it out there...I'm paying for your bills so shouldn't they be thanking me. U know what I mean? Frustrated!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:52 PM

Not putting anything down until I see the car, learn't that lesson a long time ago. My feet will do the walking if they can't get their act together.

Best of luck, it seems like we are all dealing with the same issue at Schomp!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:55 PM

Oh wasn't it require for money down to order the car? I just fed up about searching for a car and I feel like Schomp has better option. Murray is okay but their offices inside is dark as hell and looks sooo trashy so I didn't want to get it there. I don't want them to test drive my car when it's done be loaded from the truck. I can see them doing that and I heard many bad things about the GM at Murray so I'm going to stay away from them. Becareful though, it's all talk and after looking for a month I think Schomp is okay not great but okay and since they don't haggle, makes me feel better I guess.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 PM

After all the trouble we have had I am not putting anything down until they can confirm that the vehicle is ordered correctly. They know I got a big check back from BMW and am dealing directly with the General Sales Manager, not the lower level folks so hopefully some time this next week they can tell me whether they can get an earlier production slot or we are stuck with the late August early September slots currently on the table.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoi888 View Post
Oh wasn't it require for money down to order the car? I just fed up about searching for a car and I feel like Schomp has better option. Murray is okay but their offices inside is dark as hell and looks sooo trashy so I didn't want to get it there. I don't want them to test drive my car when it's done be loaded from the truck. I can see them doing that and I heard many bad things about the GM at Murray so I'm going to stay away from them. Becareful though, it's all talk and after looking for a month I think Schomp is okay not great but okay and since they don't haggle, makes me feel better I guess.
I actually like the offices at Murray. Seemed open and light to me. As far as experiences go, I bought my last BMW in Nebraska (price was ridiculously low). Second a problem showed, they wouldn't take my calls as I was out of state and couldn't walk in. Murray was close to my house so I went there. The entire dealership went to bat for me to try to get me help from BMW NA and the dealership in Nebraska. I can't go over the settlement details, but I was well taken care of in the buyback. After I the buyback went through, the only comments I got were an apology for having to go through the experience (which they didn't even cause). When I asked what they would do if I bought another BMW, they volunteered to give me a REALLY good deal on any model because of the problem I had (including the M). I can't say enough about what that dealership went through to help me on a situation that was related to a car I didn't even buy from them. Sounds like you guys are getting the run around from Schomp. This is just my experience, but it looks like I'm going to enjoying my free parking at CC mall before y'all can pay for it. Incidentally, you only need the license plate holders (which they give for free). I switched out the Nebraska ones I had no questions asked. As for pricing, at $87,000 for a 50, I guarantee I got a way better deal in the M (without haggling). If not, I'd still be haggling. In my experience, no haggle pricing means you are generally paying too much.

Last edited by Bradh2238; 06-30-2012 at 05:13 AM.