Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 645
Recall on 6 series

anyone take it in yet?

Taking mine today

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/20...ectrical-flaw/
Ads by Google
Old 06-28-2012, 05:54 PM

Mein Auto: '08 BMW 650i 'vert
Yep. Dealership replaced the cable, cover and, for good measure the battery.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:53 PM

Mein Auto: 650i
Took it in last week. The wait was about 1 hr and had the cover and cable replaced. I too would have liked a new battery.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 650i convertible
Thumbs down may be related

I also took mine a couple of weeks ago and no issues with the recall itself. It was done in a couple of hours.
However, since "comfort access" has not been working properly I asked them to check it out at the same time. The dealer told me that it needed to be "reprogrammed" and it would take 6 hrs. Time constraints did not allow to address this concern, so I made a separate appointment with another dealer.
Now the feedback is that "comfort access" is not working because the Battery is not charging properly (only 70%) and that it would not be covered under the warranty. ( i bought the car at Carmax and the battery is an aftermarket).

Did anyone else also have issues with "comfort access" not working due to the battery not charging?
Old 07-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650i
I had mine done and it all went very smooth. In fact all the issues I was having seemed to disappear. I was having some starting problems, every once in a while she just woudl not start. I would have to walk away and come back and she would start right up. About 3 weeks later though she started acting up again. She is driving me crazy withg transmission problems right now too.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:35 PM

Mein Auto: 650 ic
yes, about 1 hour
Old 07-14-2012, 07:12 AM

Mein Auto: 650i
Brought my car in for an oil change today and the dealer is taking care of the recall while I'm here.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650i black conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG650 View Post
I also took mine a couple of weeks ago and no issues with the recall itself. It was done in a couple of hours.
However, since "comfort access" has not been working properly I asked them to check it out at the same time. The dealer told me that it needed to be "reprogrammed" and it would take 6 hrs. Time constraints did not allow to address this concern, so I made a separate appointment with another dealer.
Now the feedback is that "comfort access" is not working because the Battery is not charging properly (only 70%) and that it would not be covered under the warranty. ( i bought the car at Carmax and the battery is an aftermarket).

Did anyone else also have issues with "comfort access" not working due to the battery not charging?
MAG650 - I can tell you that between my 2007 650i and the wife's 2007 Mini Cooper S that when the batteries start to fade, it causes all sorts of weird things to happen. My unerstanding is that basically the car starts to not allocate as much energy towards non-necessary things so that there is still enough juice left to start the car when you get back in.

Our typical symptoms were tire pressure warnings at least once per week with no real tire issues, kept forgetting time and radio stations, and comfort access working intermittently.

I can also tell you that we were having problems with her Mini while it was still under warranty. It also had an aftermarket battery. Although it wasn't very old (1 - 1.5 years old) it was having issues. Once we paid the cash to put in a new OEM Mini battery, all of the issues have gone away.

Good luck!
Old 07-14-2012, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: 650I
I bought a brand new 640I with the M-Package. love it!!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 645ci
Took mine in for a oil change and they did the recall work at that time. Anytime they are going to fix something for free get it done

CURRENT:
BMW 323i
BMW 645ci
Lexus SC 300
Ford F150
Dodge Ram
Old 07-31-2012, 03:04 PM

Mein Auto: 09 650i rag
Took mine in yesterday.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:30 PM

Mein Auto: 650i 330cic X5d MINI
Got mine done last Friday. Finally...

Old 08-01-2012, 08:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650i black conv
Got mine done this past Saturday. Similar to mfelsoci above - took it in for an oil change and I'm always willing to let them work on anythign they want for free

The recall probably only took the mechanic about 30 minutes. New cable and cover for me.