Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery > The Travel Forum

The Travel Forum
Planning a trip or have a great travel story? Need travel tips or want to share your experiences (and photos)? Whether you are travelling for business or pleasure, the Bimmerfest Travel Forum is your best resource on the Web.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:33 AM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
Continued Flooding in the UK

More heavy rain is forecast over the next few days.

If you have travel plans to England, Scotland, Ireland or Wales check local weather and news sites.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk...ods/31618.aspx

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18722054

They are predicting disruptions to travel by road and rail.

Quote:
Yorkshire, the North East of England, the Midlands, East Anglia and the northern half of Wales are expected to bear the brunt of the downpours.

Summer? What's that?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageHandler.ashx.png
Views:	87
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	331823  
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.

Last edited by Andrew*Debbie; 07-06-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 07-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Happily Driving

Mein Auto: 2014 550i M Sport
Send some of that water here to Chicago. After two summers of drowning in rain its been terribly dry here.

Gone, but not forgotten:
2006 530i
, European Delivery June 2005
2008 335i Coupe 6MT, PCD November 2007
2011 550i M Sport, European Delivery May 2011

BMWCCA #350568
Old 07-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Powder Days

Mein Auto: 2005 X3 2.5i (ED 2004)
Likewise for all of Ohio. Temps in the 90's to 100's and no rain. My lawn looks like a prairie.

Cheers

"I never understood the dread term "terminal illness" until I saw Heathrow for myself." Dennis Hopper
Old 07-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 540i, 325i
How long is this projected to last? I heard it would likely continue for the Olympics but how much longer? I am planning to go to England in September.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:15 AM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
Quote:
Originally Posted by akthorp View Post
How long is this projected to last? I heard it would likely continue for the Olympics but how much longer? I am planning to go to England in September.
Who knows? The Met Office long term forecast is not as accurate as the 5 day.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/
Quote:
UK Outlook for Thursday 12 Jul 2012 to Saturday 21 Jul 2012:

The generally unsettled picture is expected to continue throughout the outlook period. All areas are prone to showers or longer spells of rain, but rainfall amounts should be lower than of late. It also seems likely that the focus of the wettest weather will shift from northern and eastern Britain to northern and western parts later in the period. Drier and brighter interludes are expected between the rain, with the best of any sunshine likely to be in central and southern parts of the UK. Most areas windy at times, especially around northern, western and southern coasts, where there is a risk of local gales on some days. Temperatures generally rather cool, especially in rain, but nearer normal in the south.

UK Outlook for Sunday 22 Jul 2012 to Sunday 5 Aug 2012:

Climatologically this is the warmest part of the year, but this year a protracted spell of hot, sunny weather looks very unlikely. In fact inclement weather that has characterised June and early July will probably still be in evidence, although overall conditions are unlikely to be as bad. Forecasts for the southern half of the UK favour below average sunshine amounts, with mean daytime temperatures about four times more likely to be below average than above. Rainfall in the south is extremely uncertain, though very wet conditions are a little more likely than very dry. For the northern half of the UK there are no clear indications of above or below average sunshine, rainfall or temperature, although as we move into August conditions here may improve.
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.

Last edited by Andrew*Debbie; 07-08-2012 at 03:23 AM.