Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:22 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 07 E92 328i,11 135i,10 Fj
Better Sound and 10hp for N55 Owners

Hey everyone. Our new BMS N55 Performance Intake is now available on our site.
http://burgertuning.com/N55_BMW_Performance_intake.html

Expect up to 10+ HP to the wheels, a nice intake and turbo spooling sound, easy installation/removal and looks great under the hood. This intake uses the light weight factory air box base as a heat shield and it also retains the OEM cold air ducting. It's pretty sweet.

This intake was designed and manufactured in the USA.

Fits 2011+ BMW N55 E82 135i and E90 E92 335i and 335xi N55 3.0L Engine

Ads by Google
Old 11-07-2012, 04:52 PM

Mein Auto: 135i MSport
Thumbs up

I've had this filter bolted on for a few weeks.

Was concerned that the filter would make too intake noise, but it is really very subtle. Just a little more sonorous on full throttle. There also a slight whistle from the turbo.

Engine response is a little crisper, easier to blip the throttle on down-shifts.

My SAE approved butt dyno wouldn't argue too much with the claimed 10 hp power boost.

Please note the filter ships dry, so recommend having some filter oil on hand before it arrives. The K&N squeeze bottle is easier to apply to filter than the spray bottle.

Overall a quality piece.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:30 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: I hate PM. Email me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JejuneLegume View Post
Please note the filter ships dry, so recommend having some filter oil on hand before it arrives. The K&N squeeze bottle is easier to apply to filter than the spray bottle.
Overall a quality piece.
Glad it's working well. Our filters have always shipped pre-oiled with blue oil. Did you buy it second hand perhaps?
BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 135i Convertible
I bought a new one that I will be installing next week after I take delivery at the Peformance Center: I take it is oiled already?
Old 11-09-2012, 11:53 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Z. View Post
I bought a new one that I will be installing next week after I take delivery at the Peformance Center: I take it is oiled already?
Yes, All BMS N55 Performance intakes come pre-oiled from us new.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:40 PM

Mein Auto: 135i MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS View Post
Glad it's working well. Our filters have always shipped pre-oiled with blue oil. Did you buy it second hand perhaps?
Sorry for the confusion. Glad it does arrive oiled because I drove around for a day or two before getting a K&N clean/oil kit.

When you say blue oil, you're referring to an aFe cleaning kit like this one?

I got the filter from the Burger Motor Sports store on amazon.com. Was never crazy about getting a filter, but I've got a bad amazon.com jones.

Hopefully BMS would offer methodone-injection via the amazon store. Would really help a brotha out.

Last edited by JejuneLegume; 11-12-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Added link to BMS amazon store
Old 11-12-2012, 08:16 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JejuneLegume View Post

When you say blue oil, you're referring to an aFe cleaning kit like this one?

Any of the filter oiling kits out there will work if you need to clean and re-oil the filter.