Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

Old 07-15-2012, 06:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ??
Hi!

Just wanna say HI to everyone here.

Sold my 06' M roadster last week was deciding between 997Sv.1...C63 AMG, E63 AMG, Vette Z06, Caddy CTS-V and Jag XKR.....finally i just cant pass up on the V-10 500hp...

so picked up a 09' with 41k miles yesterday still under man. warranty...gonna get it extended before it expires next March or at 50k miles......

black sapphire metallic on black with HUD, steering wheel heater, Auto light control....(i am not sure if its got the ext leather or not.....how can you tell?)

Ads by Google
Old 07-15-2012, 04:40 PM

Mein Auto: M6
Accessory

Hey
Congrats on new M6 purchase! I also have 08 M6 sapphire black, black interior with carbon fiber trim. Concerned at first about it being a bit much black but now love the combination. The other thing that I did you might want to look into was upgrading to OEM chrome rims. What a look---OUTSTANDING head turner and balances out some of the black appearance. Actually did it with a company in LA (LA Wheel Exchange) that offered to exchange existing OEM rims with their refurbished OEM chrome rims. Did everything, including chrome lug notes, shipping both ways, etc. for about 1K. Best money I have spent since purchasing car if you like that look. You can check them out on eBay if you are interested.
Good luck with your new M6!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:08 AM

Mein Auto: 08 Alpine White M6
Congrats on your new beast!

08 Alpine White BMW M6 Drop Top

Old 07-16-2012, 09:12 AM

tuna: thanks! personally i am not a big fan of chromes. I actually wanna get a white one....but 9 out of 10 M6s are black....
Jackson: thumbs up on the white, drool!
4 doors -'01 BMW 325i E46 -'96 MBZ C280 Sport
no doors- 00' Suki GS500
Old 07-16-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodka G View Post
tuna: thanks! personally i am not a big fan of chromes. I actually wanna get a white one....but 9 out of 10 M6s are black....
Jackson: thumbs up on the white, drool!
Thank you Sir!

Be sure and post some photos whenever you get a chance. We wanna see the beast!

Old 07-16-2012, 09:26 PM

not sure if the link works...(i think you needa sign in on gmail)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?t...89512421353537

took those yesterday after driving from LA to SD and back (the car is kindda dirty )

Cant wait to get some goodies for it....i ordered Drchip and a bottle of body color spray paint from paintscratch....first project would be a full detail and touch up all the paint chips, then get rid of the amber reflector on front bumper (gonna color match it with the body color) Throwing on some tint on friday.......thinking about a clear bra (just for the hood) depending on how the Drchip works out...then i am gonna get the RPI intake kit (with the scoop, BMC and block plates) and the Dinan front caster plate (i think that's what its called) it should give the car better turn in :-)
then imma go hit up big willow and see how the M6 drives compared to my Z4MR :-)
no doors- 00' Suki GS500

Last edited by Vodka G; 07-16-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: added
Old 07-17-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodka G View Post
not sure if the link works...(i think you needa sign in on gmail)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?t...89512421353537

took those yesterday after driving from LA to SD and back (the car is kindda dirty )

Cant wait to get some goodies for it....i ordered Drchip and a bottle of body color spray paint from paintscratch....first project would be a full detail and touch up all the paint chips, then get rid of the amber reflector on front bumper (gonna color match it with the body color) Throwing on some tint on friday.......thinking about a clear bra (just for the hood) depending on how the Drchip works out...then i am gonna get the RPI intake kit (with the scoop, BMC and block plates) and the Dinan front caster plate (i think that's what its called) it should give the car better turn in :-)
then imma go hit up big willow and see how the M6 drives compared to my Z4MR :-)
Car looks great man!

I still need to do my reflectors on the front just havent gotten around to it yet with all the other mods I have been doing. I have also been thinking about a clear bra fro the hood/front bumper. Are you gunna put an exhaust on it at all?

Old 07-17-2012, 09:13 AM

thanks!

no plans for exhaust.....I actually kindda like the stock exhaust. Not too loud. Does any of the aftermarket exhaust boost performance?

I know on the z4m, none of the aftermarket exhaust provide significant gains... Besides weight saving and better sound......not sure if its worth $2k just for that....

what about the pulley kit?
no doors- 00' Suki GS500
Old 07-17-2012, 09:21 AM

I got the Eisenmann Race exhaust on mine and they say its suppose to give between 10 and 12 hp gain. Hard to tell without a dyno though but it does sound 1000 times better. So glad i went with Eisenmann. You need to do exhaust just totally livens up your beast.

I have probly done almost everything I will do performance wise. I dont want my reliability to go down at all considering these are 100K vehicles

Old 08-25-2012, 04:54 AM

Mein Auto: '09 GT-R, '07 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson1019 View Post
I got the Eisenmann Race exhaust on mine and they say its suppose to give between 10 and 12 hp gain. Hard to tell without a dyno though but it does sound 1000 times better. So glad i went with Eisenmann. You need to do exhaust just totally livens up your beast.

I have probly done almost everything I will do performance wise. I dont want my reliability to go down at all considering these are 100K vehicles
As a new M6 owner, do you mind me asking what performance mods have you had done, approximately what did you pay for all of them, and what real gains did you see 0-60 and 1/4 mile times?
Old 08-27-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-R/M6 View Post
As a new M6 owner, do you mind me asking what performance mods have you had done, approximately what did you pay for all of them, and what real gains did you see 0-60 and 1/4 mile times?
No problem I love to talk about my beast lol

I have not run a 1/4 mile or put it on a dyno so no official record of any gains.

PERFORMANCE MODS I HAVE DONE SO FAR:

RPI SCOOPS , BMC FILTERS, BLOCK OFF PLATES, CHARCOAL DELETE. COST $400 FOR ALL
No real significant gains that you can tell from driving. engine sounds better on start up though and the scoops look so mean behind the matte black kidneys.

EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST. COST $2500
Best exhaust on the market sound wise. They say 10 - 12 hp gain but hard to tell just driving. It feels a little faster but I think that might be just because it is so much louder.

Those are my only really performance mods. I don't see any point going farther than that lets face it this beast is already fast enough. Plus it has been very reliable to me and I do not want to jeopardize that.

If i did anything else it would be a turbo or supercharger and that voids the warranty so probably wont be doing that anytime soon.

Don't really wanna replace the stock headers because that is where the primary cats are and I don't want to worry about throwing codes after the install and when i take it to my dealer.

The next thing I will probably do is a resonator delete replaced w/ straight pipe to give the Eisenmann a little more noise.

Hope this helps!

Take Care,
Anthony