Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 Roadster, E86 Z4 Coupe, E85 Z4 M Roadster, and E86 Z4 M Coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW Z4
2004 Z4 radiator support

Hey guys I'm trying to repair my Z4 that had an unfortunate accident. Right now I'm trying to attach the radiator and I believe that there is a part under the radiator, cooling unit and fan assembly that attaches it to the deflection brackets. Does anyone know what part that may be? I've included some pictures if you need anymore please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2329.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	190547   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2330.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	190548   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2332.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	190549  
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2009, 07:07 PM
19,585 Miles

Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe 6LL93033
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlesShot View Post
Hey guys I'm trying to repair my Z4 that had an unfortunate accident. Right now I'm trying to attach the radiator and I believe that there is a part under the radiator, cooling unit and fan assembly that attaches it to the deflection brackets. Does anyone know what part that may be? I've included some pictures if you need anymore please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks in advance!
Did you look here:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do
Old 06-22-2009, 08:16 PM

Thanks for the reference. What I need to determine is how the radiator support brackets (pn #17111436264) which supports the radiator via two rubber bumpers attach to the "saddles: on the deflection elements. There must be a part that attaches the radiator support brackets to the brackets on the deflection elements, but I'll be darned if I can find a picture of it, or a part number I would appreciate assistance.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:12 PM
19,585 Miles

Quote:
Thanks for the reference. What I need to determine is how the radiator support brackets (pn #17111436264) which supports the radiator via two rubber bumpers attach to the "saddles: on the deflection elements. There must be a part that attaches the radiator support brackets to the brackets on the deflection elements, but I'll be darned if I can find a picture of it, or a part number I would appreciate assistance.
What happened to the part your looking for.

On the MZ4 the rad bracket meets with the car bracket.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:13 PM

A Collision Shop dismantled the front end before I got the car and a number parts, especially the small plastic parts were damaged and thrown away or seem to have disappeared. Can anyone tell me how the radiator bracket attaches to the bracket on the deflection element (car bracket)? The new pictures show that the car brackets have two mounting holes with a "saddle" between them. Apparently there is something that bolts to this "saddle" bracket that the radiator bracket mounts to. Attached are a couple of close-up pictures of the car brackets with the two mounting holes and two pictures of the radiator bracket next to the rubber mounting bumpers that fit into the depression on the mounting bracket. The questions are: " what does the radiator bracket attach to, and: what mounts on the car brackets with the two holes?r Help, anyone?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2339.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	190671   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2341.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	190672   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2342.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	190673  
Old 06-23-2009, 02:29 PM
19,585 Miles

Quote:
A Collision Shop dismantled the front end before I got the car and a number parts, especially the small plastic parts were damaged and thrown away or seem to have disappeared. Can anyone tell me how the radiator bracket attaches to the bracket on the deflection element (car bracket)? The new pictures show that the car brackets have two mounting holes with a "saddle" between them. Apparently there is something that bolts to this "saddle" bracket that the radiator bracket mounts to. Attached are a couple of close-up pictures of the car brackets with the two mounting holes and two pictures of the radiator bracket next to the rubber mounting bumpers that fit into the depression on the mounting bracket. The questions are: " what does the radiator bracket attach to, and: what mounts on the car brackets with the two holes?r Help, anyone?
Did you look at group 41 at realoem?

You would have to order to see or get a car in one piece to look at like at the dealer.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:28 PM

Yes, I've looked through all the Z4 groups on realoem.com and can't find what I'm looking for. You're absolutely right that if I could find a complete Z4 to look at, I'm sure I could get all my questions answered. However, I don't know of anyone personally who has one I could look at and, understandably, our local BMW dealership isn't excited about taking one of their used Z4s apart (removing the front radiator cover and their dozen or so plastic push fashioners) so I can take a peek. Frustrating!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:35 PM

Mein Auto: z4
Hello, I hope everything is going swell. I wanted to see if you were able to figure out what that piece was also what did your body man use to hold the hood latch up?
Thank you in advance for your reply.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:24 PM

Mein Auto: Bmw z4 3.0i roadster
i have a damage radiator core support on the top cross member and the left bracket where can i get a replacement they are too expensive
Old 02-01-2013, 03:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW Z4 3.0
Hey FlawlesShot. Send Otto an email at info@BavAuto.com he knows his BMWs and will help you if he can. Good luck .
Old 02-02-2013, 11:52 AM

Mein Auto: Bmw z4 3.0i roadster
Does anyone know which one is better xenon headlight or the halo projection Is there a difference in between hid xenon n xenon. So confuse