Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:11 PM
The one and only

Mein Auto: 2002 330i
My short F30 328i review

Drove this one in particular: 328i, automatic, luxury package, premium package, technology package. The 335 was in the showroom and I'd have to wait for another date to test that out.

- The comfort access kicks ass

- The interior quality did feel very good

- Steering wheel even though it's the regular one beats the square e46 wheel

- The switch for economy, comfort and sport is INCREDIBLE. In economy and comfort the car turns off the engine when at a stop (can be disabled by pressing a button above the start button). Going to sport you get the higher rpm and responsiveness right away even in an automatic. in comfort it's about the same as being in regular drive as an e46 and in economy you can feel the lag in the gas but I can tell right away it will save you a lot of gas while still being able to get to a good speed.

- The HUD is nuts. So clear and you can even select your radio stations and other modes right there without having to look away from the windshield.
- Navigation is extremely clear and concise. BMW now uses google maps for the navigation.

- Plenty room in the rear, more than an E46 from what I picked up sitting down initially there.

- Trunk has a very good amount of space as well

- Even on regular non-sport suspension the ride was very smooth

- Having heated steering wheel and front/rear heated seats is great for cold weather area owners

- Cup holders are built to do their job and can be covered by a tray easily

- iDrive system is flawless

- You're able to view your power/torque on the display

- You're able to change the drive-train/engine settings on the idrive as well

- The car feels complete and the interior blows away the E46's

I know I'm probably missing more, but I absolutely love the car and there is an extremely high chance this will be my next car.
Ads by Google
Old 07-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 5.0
I wasn't too impressed with the interior of the F30. It felt a little cheap to me. I wasn't that impressed with the N20 engine on the 328 either. The standard steering felt sloppy and disconnected.

However, I drove a 335i sport line afterwards and though the interior still felt cheap , the overall feel of the car was much better, particularly in sport mode. I really enjoyed driving it.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Drove this one in particular: 328i, automatic, luxury package, premium package, technology package. The 335 was in the showroom and I'd have to wait for another date to test that out.

- The comfort access kicks ass

- The interior quality did feel very good

- Steering wheel even though it's the regular one beats the square e46 wheel

- The switch for economy, comfort and sport is INCREDIBLE. In economy and comfort the car turns off the engine when at a stop (can be disabled by pressing a button above the start button). Going to sport you get the higher rpm and responsiveness right away even in an automatic. in comfort it's about the same as being in regular drive as an e46 and in economy you can feel the lag in the gas but I can tell right away it will save you a lot of gas while still being able to get to a good speed.

- The HUD is nuts. So clear and you can even select your radio stations and other modes right there without having to look away from the windshield.
- Navigation is extremely clear and concise. BMW now uses google maps for the navigation.

- Plenty room in the rear, more than an E46 from what I picked up sitting down initially there.

- Trunk has a very good amount of space as well

- Even on regular non-sport suspension the ride was very smooth

- Having heated steering wheel and front/rear heated seats is great for cold weather area owners

- Cup holders are built to do their job and can be covered by a tray easily

- iDrive system is flawless

- You're able to view your power/torque on the display

- You're able to change the drive-train/engine settings on the idrive as well

- The car feels complete and the interior blows away the E46's

I know I'm probably missing more, but I absolutely love the car and there is an extremely high chance this will be my next car.
Uh, oh.....you better hope the E46 guys don't get wind of this. Can a person be banned from a sub-forum?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 07-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Swedish Murder Machine

Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
They are using google maps? That's news to me if it's true, I'm pretty sure that they are using TeleAtlas.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:58 PM
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Uh, oh.....you better hope the E46 guys don't get wind of this. Can a person be banned from a sub-forum?
in two years I will get one.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Swedish Murder Machine

Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
Well, then you'll get an even newer cooler i-drive. The next one is out in November and the one after that (probably 2014) will have a touch based controller and Siri integration most likely. However, I'm not waiting, mine should make it in next month.

Last edited by voip-ninja; 07-17-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:16 PM
The one and only

Awesome.

I'll probably end up buying a 2yr old model with CPO and get the extended 2yr warranty. Question will be 328 or 335
Old 07-17-2012, 08:44 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post

Sweet! I felt the same way in the F30, knew it was going to be the best BMW 3 Series they'd ever made and there would be a lot of converts coming our way.

You still dating the girl with the pink speedo needles?

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 07-18-2012, 05:13 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
They are using google maps? That's news to me if it's true, I'm pretty sure that they are using TeleAtlas.
That's news to me too. If it were the case, somehow, someway; that would be awesome.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
Old 07-18-2012, 05:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
2 corrections:

The engine can cut off at a stoplight in any mode.
You can send addresses to the nav via Google Maps, but it is not a Google Maps-based system. It's still TeleAtlas.
2012 Alpine White F30 328i Leather Dakota Everest Grey/Sport Line/Premium/Premium Sound/Technology/STEPTRONIC/Rear View Camera/Heated Front Seats/Park Distance Control/Xenons/BMW Assist w/Enhanced USB/BMW Apps
Old 07-18-2012, 10:04 AM
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Sweet! I felt the same way in the F30, knew it was going to be the best BMW 3 Series they'd ever made and there would be a lot of converts coming our way.
Yup, nice improvements over the E90 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabadoo25 View Post
2 corrections:

You can send addresses to the nav via Google Maps, but it is not a Google Maps-based system. It's still TeleAtlas.
The salesman only told me in economy and comfort, guess he was wrong on that. He did mention the google maps, I must have been mistaken. Thanks for the update
Old 07-18-2012, 12:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabadoo25 View Post
2 corrections:

That's been available on the E90 since 2008.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:33 PM

Mein Auto: Electric Red '02 330CiC
Quote:
Steering wheel even though it's the regular one beats the square e46 wheel
?? I can assure you that E46 steering wheels are round.

Quote:
Plenty room in the rear, more than an E46 from what I picked up sitting down initially there.
No surprise there. The F30 is as big as an older model 5-series.

"Send lawyers, guns and money/The sh*t has hit the fan"