Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 05-25-2012, 02:20 PM
bimmerized bimmerized is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: N. CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 341
Mein Auto: 97 E36M/4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDown View Post
Another reason for keeping in touch with this board...didn't know about this until reading this post and almost sprung for a 2011 per-owned. Thinking about getting a 2012 now with this allowance plus the $500 from BMWCCA for a new bimmer. Was able to register for the drive in Palm Springs - still had a few sots available.

Edit: oops, just checked the BMWCCA allowance terms and it says that this does not qualify with any other special purchase program by BMWNA or BMW centers...darn.
Are you sure this discount cannot be combined with the BMW CCA discount? I thought I read a post where someone was able to use both. Have you tried to call CCA?
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 05-25-2012, 02:23 PM
bimmerized bimmerized is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: N. CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 341
Mein Auto: 97 E36M/4
I just got an invitation to register for this event by email. The event date is for a dealer away from me. Can select an alternate event at a different location? Do I have to use my invitation number or can anyone go online to register to participate?
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 05-25-2012, 03:58 PM
brkf's Avatar
brkf brkf is offline
Not Wearing Pants
Location: Earth
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 13,427
Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDown View Post
Another reason for keeping in touch with this board...didn't know about this until reading this post and almost sprung for a 2011 per-owned. Thinking about getting a 2012 now with this allowance plus the $500 from BMWCCA for a new bimmer. Was able to register for the drive in Palm Springs - still had a few sots available.

Edit: oops, just checked the BMWCCA allowance terms and it says that this does not qualify with any other special purchase program by BMWNA or BMW centers...darn.
Um... do not think the BMW Drive for Team USA allowance is a special purchase program. It's a discount, but not a program.

Until someone says their BMWCCA rebate was rejected in conjunction with the Drive for Team USA allowance, I'm not gonna believe these two cannot be used together...
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 05-26-2012, 12:17 PM
AndDown's Avatar
AndDown AndDown is offline
just copacetic!!!
Location: Redlands CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,137
Mein Auto: 2013 328i, 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguydotcom View Post
Um... do not think the BMW Drive for Team USA allowance is a special purchase program. It's a discount, but not a program.

Until someone says their BMWCCA rebate was rejected in conjunction with the Drive for Team USA allowance, I'm not gonna believe these two cannot be used together...
Hope you are right. Just received my redemption codes and one of the paragraphs states:

"As a special thank you for your participation, we would like to offer you a limited time $1000 DMW Drive for Team USA Allowance, good toward the purchase or lease of a new 2012 or 2013 BMW model."

The BMWCCA "rebate" also comes from BMWNA, but it will depend on how they interpret an "Allowance" vs "Rebate".

As I see it, an allowance is a discount at the time of purchase whereas a rebate is something given after a purchase has been made.
__________________
Dan
'03 325i OrBlu, MT, PP, SP
'01 X5 3.0 AlpWhite, AT, SP, CP
'89 325i Bronz, AT(retired)
'02 325i StlGrey, AT, PP, SP
'13 328i AlpWhite, AT8, Xenon, HK
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-18-2012, 02:00 PM
bimmerized bimmerized is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: N. CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 341
Mein Auto: 97 E36M/4
how is the $1000 allowance cashed out at the time of vehicle delivery? In what part of the financial calculations is the allowance applied? After tax, license and fees or before? Anyone cash in yet? thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 07-18-2012, 02:03 PM
voip-ninja's Avatar
voip-ninja voip-ninja is offline
Swedish Murder Machine
Location: Highlands Ranch CO
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,886
Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerized View Post
how is the $1000 allowance cashed out at the time of vehicle delivery? In what part of the financial calculations is the allowance applied? After tax, license and fees or before? Anyone cash in yet? thanks.
It is applied at the time of actual financing. If I understand correctly it is treated as extra cash allowance or cap reduction. It is not removed from sticker price so to speak.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07-18-2012, 04:43 PM
bimmerized bimmerized is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: N. CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 341
Mein Auto: 97 E36M/4
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
It is applied at the time of actual financing. If I understand correctly it is treated as extra cash allowance or cap reduction. It is not removed from sticker price so to speak.
Thanks. So we will be expected to pay tax on the original amount and then after the bottom line, the $1K will be deducted? In this way, we are actually getting closer to $900 instead of $1K (in CA at least) since we will have paid tax on the $1K before it was deducted.

Can someone who has cashed in please confirm how it all worked out? thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07-18-2012, 05:27 PM
bmwf30 bmwf30 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 122
Mein Auto: 2007 Lexus ES 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerized View Post
Thanks. So we will be expected to pay tax on the original amount and then after the bottom line, the $1K will be deducted? In this way, we are actually getting closer to $900 instead of $1K (in CA at least) since we will have paid tax on the $1K before it was deducted.

Can someone who has cashed in please confirm how it all worked out? thanks.
Its all based on the dealership and the CA you are working with. In my case the $1000 was taken off prior to adding tax. This way my tax amount was lower.
__________________
- BMWF30

Delivered!! Order in June 22, 2012. PCD, 2013 335i xDrive Sedan, Mineral Grey Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum with Black Highlight Trim, Black Leatherette w/Red Highlight, Dynamic Handling Package, Tech Package, Sport Transmission w/ Paddle Shifter, Rearview Camera, Park Distance Control, Htd Front Seats & HK Audio.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07-19-2012, 09:33 AM
bimmerized bimmerized is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: N. CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 341
Mein Auto: 97 E36M/4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwf30 View Post
Its all based on the dealership and the CA you are working with. In my case the $1000 was taken off prior to adding tax. This way my tax amount was lower.
Thanks. This makes more sense since this program is an allowance and not a rebate.

Any others have experiences either way?
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 08-01-2012, 10:09 AM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,669
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
I see that this is still available but only a few dealerships in New Jersey and IL.

Anybody know about any locations in TX?

Can I have someone go for me?
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 08-01-2012, 10:13 AM
voip-ninja's Avatar
voip-ninja voip-ninja is offline
Swedish Murder Machine
Location: Highlands Ranch CO
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,886
Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
I see that this is still available but only a few dealerships in New Jersey and IL.

Anybody know about any locations in TX?

Can I have someone go for me?
Yeah, you pretty much missed it for your area.

You can't have someone go for you. They verify your ID with the registration and then you need to use the same ID when you redeem the code.

If you can get a cheap flight there's no reason you can't take a flight to do the event out of state.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 08-01-2012, 11:52 AM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,669
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Its a 1000 on any 2012 or 2013 car?

Can it be combined with ED?
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 08-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Snareman's Avatar
Snareman Snareman is offline
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,020
Mein Auto: 435, Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Its a 1000 on any 2012 or 2013 car?

Can it be combined with ED?
Sadly, no.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 08-01-2012, 12:38 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,669
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
How quickly does it become available? If I do it next week can I then buy a car immediately/within a few days?
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 08-01-2012, 12:49 PM
voip-ninja's Avatar
voip-ninja voip-ninja is offline
Swedish Murder Machine
Location: Highlands Ranch CO
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,886
Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
How quickly does it become available? If I do it next week can I then buy a car immediately/within a few days?
Not to be a smart ass, but virtually everything you are asking is found by just quickly scanning this thread.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 08-01-2012, 12:52 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,669
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
Not to be a smart ass, but virtually everything you are asking is found by just quickly scanning this thread.
But you will be anyway huh.. :-)

The reason I posed is since the Olympics are going ont right now, was not sure what has expired, etc.

If it makes you feel better I DO appreciate the help
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 08-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
I see that this is still available but only a few dealerships in New Jersey and IL.

Anybody know about any locations in TX?

Can I have someone go for me?
Fly to next event, live it up, after applying rebate if price of your vacation is $1,000 or less, YOU'VE scored a free vacation. That is what I would do.
BTW I went and they took no ID just had me fill out entries in an IPAD. Now when I drove the car they took ID. So it can get slippery, BUT the event people had nothing to do with when I drove car, they simply register you, actually I could have left and I do not think they would have known if I test drove vehicle or not.

Last edited by Mykatie; 08-13-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 08-07-2012, 07:31 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,669
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Thanks Katie, went ahead and cancelled - going ED.

So you are kind of right about the vacation
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 08-13-2012, 08:51 AM
EricTsang EricTsang is offline
Registered User
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: 2013 328 xDrive M-Sport
Can this be used with the College Graduate Program?
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 08-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Ordered my 2103 328 xdrive. Leased for 3 yrs 12k year. Money factor .00145/ residual value 61%/ $1,000 team USA test driver voucher was used for cap cost, Premium pkg/ Lighting pkg/ cold weather pkg, glacier silver metallic, dark burls wood trim. MSRP $45,395 Selling price was $43,000 , BEFORE deducting $1,000 ride USA rebate, that will be added as a cap cost reduction for lease purposes bringing it to $498 a month. not great but okay.
Now 8 week wait for build.

Last edited by Mykatie; 08-13-2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: added detail
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 08-13-2012, 02:45 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,669
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykatie View Post
Ordered my 2103 328 xdrive. Leased for 3 yrs 12k year. Money factor .00145/ residual value 61%/ $1,000 team USA test driver voucher was used for cap cost, Premium pkg/ Lighting pkg/ cold weather pkg, glacier silver met., $498 month. Selling price was $43,000 , not great but okay.
Now 8 week wait for build.
MSRP, Options, selling price?


Why would you settle for good, not great?
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 08-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
MSRP, Options, selling price?


Why would you settle for good, not great?
Just updated my post to reflect one more option and add msrp, just thought anyone interested would have been able to get MSRP very easy, but just as easy for me to add.
I settled for the deal I did because I can.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 08-19-2012, 01:08 AM
akim47 akim47 is offline
Registered User
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 31
Mein Auto: 997C2S
any chance that you can get a dealer to vouch for you if you can't make it on the scheduled day? still would test drive, but possibly at another dealer on a different day?
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 08-19-2012, 09:02 AM
doc_maverick doc_maverick is offline
Registered User
Location: philadelphia
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 59
Mein Auto: 335i
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwf30 View Post
Its all based on the dealership and the CA you are working with. In my case the $1000 was taken off prior to adding tax. This way my tax amount was lower.

+1

I negotiated the best price, and then informed the CA of the voucher. This is an offered discount between the individual and BMW, nothing to do with the dealer. Also my tax was calculated after taking the discount. No questions asked.

Hope this helps....good luck with your purchase
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 08-19-2012, 09:05 AM
tturedraider's Avatar
tturedraider tturedraider is offline
Freedom isn't free!!
Location: Chicago, north shore (via Tennessee & Texas)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,437
Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akim47 View Post
any chance that you can get a dealer to vouch for you if you can't make it on the scheduled day? still would test drive, but possibly at another dealer on a different day?
None.
__________________

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms