Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)

F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)
The all new 3rd generation 6 series coupe (F13) and convertible (F12) forum. The F06 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe forum is here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650i x drive retired
650i xdrive V 640d

This afternoon my wife and I drove from Florence to Nice. I was a few cars behind what looked to be a gran coupe for a while until I had a chance to pass the car. Turned out to be a 640d coupe, none m sport. It didn't look very aggressive from the rear so hence my confusion.
Anyways, I passed him doing 110ish (mph) and then the fun started. We ended up driving 60+ miles together (with a late addition of a 320d) through the Mediterranean coast anywheres from 85-125mph. Fun fun

Here's my issue....we hit a straight away. I was in sport mode. 4-5 car lengths in front of the 640 and I punched it (without using paddle shifters). I did NOT pull away quite like I would have imagined. We started at 75mph and floored it to about 125mph. I would say I gained 1-2 car lengths over that time.
Could he have been paddle shifting?
I'll be honest I thought I would have pulled much further away.
Either way it was a blast. We pulled into the toll booth and he was ahead of me and pulled away. I gunned is past him one last time. The m sport v8 growl made me smile.
So in closing, off the line I think the 650 was noticeably quicker. High speeds, seemed similar.
Sorry for the crappy review, I'm on my iPhone. I'll plug in my comp later!

Ps. Had a brand new Porsche Carrera (basic model) pass me on the way over today. He gunned it on a straight away and couldn't pull away from me! Hit 138 and it seemed like both cars had so much more. Of course then my wife yelled!

Cheers.

2014 F10 - 550i X drive

Last edited by gehmjc21; 07-20-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Advertisement