Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2012, 08:25 AM

Mein Auto: X5 35d
Newbie here - just placed order for new X5 35D

Hello Fellow E70'ers:

I posted this in the New Member Intro forum, but since this will be my home for the next 3 years, i figured it would be appopriate to post here as well:

Long time lurker and first time poster. Wife has owned a 335 xDrive for past two years and I finally joined the fray and put an order in yesterday for a 2012 X5 35d, fairly well-optioned (Saphire Black, Black Nevada Leather, Premium, Cold Weather, Multi-countour seats, Apps, Space-saver spare). This vehicle will be personally-owned, and will replace my company-owned fleet vehicle, used for my role in outside sales in the medical industry.

Should any of you wish to see what EXTREME mileage will do to a BMW in a short amount of time, may I suggest you follow my posts. I put an average of 50,000 miles on per year, travelling in some of the harshest climates in North America, outside of Alaska and northern Canada. My territory includes Minnesota, the Dakotas, Iowa and Wisconsin, and offers some great viewing of corn fields and cattle...

This will be an interesting (and potentially financially terrifying) experiment in how well BMW builds the X5, since this one will be paid for and maintained by me. I have run the numbers over and over again and I believe I can make this work. I'm sort of screwed if I cannot, since I have already placed the order, but hell- you gotta live sometime!

I look forward to this forum and its infinite wisdom on appreciating these fine vehicles. Thanks in advance everyone, for going easy on my brevity, as I will be be making these posts on the road- at the edge! Looking forward to interacting with all of you and sharing with you as much as I get back from this great forum-

Regards,

John

Last edited by John Galt; 07-21-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Edited to add color
Ads by Google