Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i Sport (via ED)
West Coast Deliveries off the Taipan

Hey, West Coasters-- the Taipan offloaded in Port Hueneme on Sunday, 7/15, and i'm just wondering if anybody's heard any status updates on any cars since then. I'm not expecting to hear from my dealer for another week, but wanted to get a thread going on it.
2012 328i Sport line (European Delivery), Imperial Blue Metallic + Everest Grey/Black/Aluminum interior; Premium Pkg, Tech Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Parking Pkg w/ Parking Asst., Xenon headlights, BMW Asst & Apps, Variable Steering, M-Suspension, Sport Transmission
Ads by Google
Old 07-21-2012, 07:05 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i, Corvette C5 Z51
I sent you a PM yesterday on this subject. Let me know if you hear anything. My status on the My BMW site is "Finishing Touches."
Old 07-21-2012, 09:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 328xi Coupe
I called the 800 number on Thursday and was told my car had been released to the trucking company (ie had already cleared customs and vdc) and i got an email from my CA last night (Greg Poland at Pacific BMW in Glendale, CA) saying the car was at the dealer. Sadly, I cannot get out to LA for another 2 weeks to get it.

At any rate, I was skeptical when Greg told me they usually see the cars in about a week from offload, but sure enough, the car was there in 5 days! I just wish it hadn't sat in Munich for 3 weeks before being loaded onto a ship... I don't know when the rest of you Taipan riders dropped off, but mine was Munich on May 26....

My guess is barring any repairs or bizarre circumstances, most of your cars should be showing up at dealers pretty soon too.

Sent from my MB855 using Bimmer App

Mounting Bloggif
Old 07-22-2012, 01:00 AM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
A pair of my Sold Orders arrived in near record time. It must have been a light load...

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 07-22-2012, 10:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i Sport (via ED)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newBMWinLA View Post
Hey, West Coasters-- the Taipan offloaded in Port Hueneme on Sunday, 7/15, and i'm just wondering if anybody's heard any status updates on any cars since then. I'm not expecting to hear from my dealer for another week, but wanted to get a thread going on it.
Oh, I thought I responded to your PM. I've never had a PM, so maybe I screwed it up. But I don't have anything yet to report. I can't track my car on BMW's site, but the shipping site indicates that it was released, so maybe I'll hear from my dealer soon? I figure since our dealers are pretty close we may be delivered on the same day!
2012 328i Sport line (European Delivery), Imperial Blue Metallic + Everest Grey/Black/Aluminum interior; Premium Pkg, Tech Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Parking Pkg w/ Parking Asst., Xenon headlights, BMW Asst & Apps, Variable Steering, M-Suspension, Sport Transmission