Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E92 M3 using ED
4 Days Break-in - 1600 miles

OH to MO and return. A total of around 1600 miles with side trips along the way. It was a nice ride. This X3 rides like a car but with a generous space. Everything was perfect except for some minor things:
1. The Auto Air is not really auto. The fan speed and recirc is not adjusting to the temp as desired.
2. The control display screen for the nav is harder to read if using a polarized lens.

Overall the size, ride, response and control are the reasons why I like it. It took me roughly 3 months to decide. I initially picked the Cayenne over the X5. Then changed my mind because of the size. Went to Q5, but the 2013 3.0 superchargged is still nowhere in site. Shuffles between gas or diesel engine for all those choices I made. Made sevral offers that made my credit records sparkle.

It took me awhile to try the new X3. This was the least that stroke my eyes maybe because I had this bad first time impression on the first gen X3. I like the shape of the new gen X3 but I still prefer the shape of the new Q5. But there were times that I mistook the new X3 with the current X5. I like the shape of the current X5. The test drive sold me. It drives like how a bimmer should be. The power is more than adequate to a normal insane driver. I got the 35i with M-Sports.

One bad thing happened though, the car was scraped when we were parked and we don't know where. Somebody hit the rear driver side corner bumper. No dent but it peeled some paint off and had a long scratched. I just hope the paint shop can matched the carbon black metallic.

Last edited by valeram; 07-24-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Spelling
Ads by Google
Old 07-24-2012, 09:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeram View Post
The power is more than adequate to a normal insane driver. I got the 35i with M-Sports.
You talkin' to me? ROFL

Bummer about the scratch.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:05 PM

Mein Auto: Alpine White F25 35i
Seems the auto climate control is very misunderstood.

When set to AUTO, the fan speed control that you set is the maximum speed that the system will use in order to heat/cool the car. Once it gets close to your desired temp, it'll automatically slow the fan speed, regardless of what you have it set to.

I actually prefer it this way, because I hate fan noise... so the highest I'll set it is 3, and it'll quiet down as it gets cool.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:43 PM

Mein Auto: E92 M3 using ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangsta View Post
Seems the auto climate control is very misunderstood.

When set to AUTO, the fan speed control that you set is the maximum speed that the system will use in order to heat/cool the car. Once it gets close to your desired temp, it'll automatically slow the fan speed, regardless of what you have it set to.

I actually prefer it this way, because I hate fan noise... so the highest I'll set it is 3, and it'll quiet down as it gets cool.
So they changed the way on how my E92M3 works. I set it up just as you said but the fan didn't slow down after the interior cooled down? For 8.5 hours, the fan speed didn't change from the speed setting on #3. Maybe it did or it was just so hot that it needs to crank up the fan speed to maintain the desired temp. In my M3 (and in my other car with auto temp), you can definitely hear and feel that the recirc will close and open after starting the car and reaching the desired temp.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:20 PM

Mein Auto: Hertz rent-a-car
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeram View Post
2. The control display screen for the nav is harder to read if using a polarized lens..
I have always struggled with BMW screens and polarized glasses. The sad thing is that it's getting harder and harder to find a quality pair of non polarized glasses