Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Old 05-18-2012, 04:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 530i
2009 to 2010 to 2011 differences?

So i am heavily in the market for a CPO X6. I have found several that I like across the country. I like the 5.0 engines, despite the lower full economy. The best deals appear to be on the 2009 models, with comparable 2010 costing 4000 to 6000 more. Most the cars I am looking at are in the at high 30k to lower 40k mile range regardless of year, I am not buying one over 45k. At the low rate I use miles this should give me a full year of original warranty before kicking over to the CPO. I am also looking at similar option sets across the cars, sport package, premium package, rear climate, and cold weather are my bare minimum. Some have the HUD and soft close, one 2009 has active steering and vented seats.

So what really changed from 2009 to 2010? I know that the 2010 have the newer style idrive with the additional buttons. Was there any other major changes between the two years? For instance it seems as though the sport package in 2009 had the electronic damping, whereas the sport 'activity' package in later years does not?

Finally the 2011's seem to be the biggest jump with the drive train changes and the higher mpg's, with the 8-speed auto and slightly revised engines. Honestly for me to go with a 2011 it would be a 35i. This is certainly a possibility. Were there other updates this year?
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2012, 04:30 PM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
I am also shopping so am interested in what kinds of "final" prices people are actually paying for these. As you can tell from my signature, I own a 7-series so I realize that the price of BMW's can vary a LOT based on the options on the car. Additionally, I want 2 things that aren't all that common (Cold Weather & the Summer Packages) as I appreciate both the ventilated seats (& window shades) as well as the heated seats in my current 7-series. I also need the BMW trailer hitch already on it as I don't want to pay another $1K to have it added after I buy the car.

I've also got access to Manheim for wholesale cost so I know what dealers are paying as well. I have been shooting for a '09 under $50K with my options. Found a few that the dealers are starting around $52K so it's possible.

When I bought my current car, we had sat in a Michigan Blue/Oyster 7-series but didn't buy it due to the price. I would like to buy that color combo in the X6 but it appears that the ONLY cars built to that color combo are the Active Hybrids so I am even considering them even though the Hybrid doesn't really add anything (wife already has a Hybrid as well so we are familiar with those issues). I can actually buy a 2010 ActiveHybrid in the color I want for LESS than I can buy a 2009 50i in a color I don't particularly care for...LOL

Note on the 335i trucks: If you do consider the more economical 6, you may want to ONLY consider 2011 and newer models as the older ones seem to be getting hit with a HPFP issue and there may even be law suits over it.

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)