Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 07-30-2012, 03:40 AM

Mein Auto: BMW Z4
Z4 - In shop for 3+ weeks

I just got a used 2008 BMW Z4 (red interiors) about 2 months ago. I have been to the dealer once or twice within two months and very recently I had the transmission light on a few weeks ago. It's been in the shop for 3 weeks. I know BMW dealers are very good with their customer service and they call to update on the status constantly. However, I got a call about 3 weeks ago and never heard back from them. I called them a week ago and they said they are waiting on parts from Germany as they don't have any parts here in the US. I live in the midwest and I got this car only for the summer. I am totally missing out on riding a convertible and I have no update on when my car will be back on road. I got a loaner but it's not the same. Also, I will be running out of warranty in 2-3 weeks which forces me to buy an extended warranty. I just feel this isn't fair that the car is in the shop for so long..
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2012, 06:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 335is, 2015 X1
Have you tried to go to their dealership and talk to the Service Manager in person to see if he could give you a better understanding of what is going on and how long he expected it to take to complete he work? Sometimes the service rep. is just passing on some information he hears from another person, but getting it from the manager may help move the process along. It does kind of suck that you are not able to enjoy your car right now though. I don't know if there is another dealer in your area but it may be worth looking into using them in the future if you believe that you are not being treated fairly in your current dealings with this dealer.

BMW 335is, Le Mans blue with Black Dakota leather, Convenience and Premium packages, 19" wheels, 7 speed DCT, heated seats, Nav., Harmon Kardon Logic 7 stereo w/ Satellite radio. 2015 BMW X1 28iXdrive M Sport, LeMans Blue, with Black Dakota leather, Premium and Technology packages, with heated seats, satellite radio.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:45 PM

Mein Auto: Z4
I agree. Usually, it's not a hard deadline. As long as you get the vehicle in before the warranty ends, instead of completing the repair, then the warranty period is still valid. It's not your fault over the length of the dealer's repair period, and most people are capable of logically understanding that. Good luck there.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:23 PM

Mein Auto: BMW Z4
Thank you!

Thank you both for providing your insight. I called the manager at the BMW showroom today and he said they are still waiting on parts and he will call me as soon as they get the parts delivered to the showroom. He said they don't have an estimate on when they would be receiving the parts.

On a side note, I am planning to purchase the BMW Platinum Extended Warranty. I feel it's worth it considering the car was in the shop longer than my garage. If there are any better options to keep my car protected, please do suggest. I might park the car in the garage for the winter considering I live in the prime downtown and it's tough to get around in my car during the winter.