Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 550i xDrive
BlackBerry Bold 9900 Problems w/ BMW Office

After recently upgrading to a BlackBerry Bold 9900, I'm having a strange problem. When the phone pairs with the car, everything works great. Contact sync, phone, streaming audio, email, & SMS all integrate with the iDrive screen with no problems at all.

The problem happens after leaving the car. The device can no longer download attachments, and the "more" function to read long emails stops working. The only way to restore normal functionality is to reboot the phone, and then it works fine again until the next time it pairs with the car.

My hunch is that the car must apply limits to what it fetches from the phone (only certain email length, no attachments, etc.) and that restriction is staying on the phone even after it unpairs with the car.

I've wiped and reloaded the BlackBerry numerous times, deleted and recreated my account on the BES server, deleted and sent service books, and tried every BlackBerry trick in the book, to no avail.

I'm probably one of the few dinosaurs still using a BlackBerry, but is anyone else having the same issue, or, even better, come up with a solution? Rebooting the phone after every drive is a huge hassle.

Details for the techies out there:

- BlackBerry Bold 9900, running OS 7.1.0.391 from Rogers

Past: '11 335i xDrive Coupe - 6MT

Past: '08 335xi Coupe - 6MT

Euro Delivery
Ads by Google