Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:42 AM

Mein Auto: M3
Buy 2011 M3 or wait?

Hi folks,

I'm a newbie...and I have few questions. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to buy a 2011 BMW M3 or wait for the next generation of M3 to be released.

Some of my main concerns are:

- Next gen of M3 is supposed to have a smaller powerful engine with better mileage. Does anyone know what's the new mileage going to be?

- Is it worth getting extended warranty on M3?

- I'm getting an 2011 M3 convertible for 64K, with 4K miles. Is that a good deal?

It will be great if anyone can help answer these questions.
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 Boxster S
Quote:
Originally Posted by featherworld View Post

- next gen of m3 is supposed to have a smaller powerful engine with better mileage. Does anyone know what's the new mileage going to be?

I'd guess it will be around 15% better.

- is it worth getting extended warranty on m3?

Definitely. As "parts and repairs" are a primary bmw profit center, before the central office uses the satellite link to break things on your car it checks to see if you have the extended warranty. If you do, it won't break anything until after the warranty expires.

- i'm getting an 2011 m3 convertible for 64k, with 4k miles. Is that a good deal?

that doesn't sound like a great deal-- just an okay deal. But the new model convertible probably won't be out for another two years, so how long do you want to wait?
Old 08-05-2012, 04:39 PM

Mein Auto: Bimmer
Quote:
Hi folks,

I'm a newbie...and I have few questions. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to buy a 2011 BMW M3 or wait for the next generation of M3 to be released.

Some of my main concerns are:

- Next gen of M3 is supposed to have a smaller powerful engine with better mileage. Does anyone know what's the new mileage going to be?

- Is it worth getting extended warranty on M3?

- I'm getting an 2011 M3 convertible for 64K, with 4K miles. Is that a good deal?

It will be great if anyone can help answer these questions.
1) No. FWIW I get about 16 in my 09 E92 DD.
2) Yes. But you can wait until the OEM warranty is about to expire to get one.
3) No. Keep looking around, I suspect you can do better.

Good Luck!

Last edited by SunnyandRich; 08-05-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:00 AM

Mein Auto: M3
Thanks for all the advice. Sorry to ask stupid questions but i'm a newbie. Here's the breakdown of 2011 M3 convertible that i'm getting for 64k:
- BEIGE, EXTENDED NOVILLO LEATHER SEAT TRIM,
- IPOD & USB ADAPTER,
- TECHNOLOGY PKG: dynamic damper control, comfort access keyless entry, navigation system, voice command, real time traffic info,
- CONVENIENCE PKG: anti-theft alarm system, comfort access keyless entry, rear park distance control, navigation system, voice command, iPod & USB adapter, real time traffic information, BMW Assist w/Bluetooth, online info services,
- HEATED FRONT SEATS,
- 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION: with additional oil cooler and heavy-duty dual-disc clutch (STD).

Is it still not worth 64k? KBB value for this car is coming to 69K.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:29 PM

Mein Auto: Bimmer
Quote:
Thanks for all the advice. Sorry to ask stupid questions but i'm a newbie. Here's the breakdown of 2011 M3 convertible that i'm getting for 64k:
- BEIGE, EXTENDED NOVILLO LEATHER SEAT TRIM,
- IPOD & USB ADAPTER,
- TECHNOLOGY PKG: dynamic damper control, comfort access keyless entry, navigation system, voice command, real time traffic info,
- CONVENIENCE PKG: anti-theft alarm system, comfort access keyless entry, rear park distance control, navigation system, voice command, iPod & USB adapter, real time traffic information, BMW Assist w/Bluetooth, online info services,
- HEATED FRONT SEATS,
- 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION: with additional oil cooler and heavy-duty dual-disc clutch (STD).

Is it still not worth 64k? KBB value for this car is coming to 69K.
PM me the last seven of the VIN and I can send you the build sheet for the car.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to BillKach
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 vert
Is the car CPO? If so, 69K seems a little high but not terrible.
If its being sold privately or by a non BMW dealer, it should be closer to $62-64K
My car is nearly identical but with 17K miles and I believe it to be worth $60K in a private party deal.
2004 545i TiAg/Black/Anthracite, Step, SP (ED 11/03, sold 4/05)
2001 330Cic Steel Blue/Black, retired
1998 Z3 2.8 Montreal Blue/Black, retired