Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 07-27-2012, 07:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 E-38
09 750 Whine

It seems to be general knowledge that this is an oil pump, but local dealer won't fix, waiting for the regional bmw tech "expert" from LA to confirm/assess. What's the deal on this? Are there Bay Area or Socal dealers who can do this fix without a fuss? It's been 5 months and I'm still waiting for the guy from LA to show up. Any ideas how to get this fixed?

Thanks
Richard
Ads by Google
Old 07-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 Active Hybrid 7
My dealer, where I bought my 2010 750i fixed my oil pump whine. They have my documentation, and did several others. Try Bob Smith BMW in Calabasas. I LOVE them there!! My SA was Lamarr Franklin, but he sadly, sadly left! I now use Katherine Hodack, and she is also very, very good!!! Good Luck. I remember my oil whine, and it was dreadful!!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 E-38
whine

And they did the whole thing without argument, hemming and hawing, etc? Mine's a CPO which shouldn't (they say) make a difference in getting repairs done, but I get the sense that somebody's trying to save a buck.

I know it's hard to describe, but how loud was yours?
Old 07-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 Active Hybrid 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Learner View Post
And they did the whole thing without argument, hemming and hawing, etc? Mine's a CPO which shouldn't (they say) make a difference in getting repairs done, but I get the sense that somebody's trying to save a buck.

I know it's hard to describe, but how loud was yours?
At first they tried (as many dealers did) to say it was the twin turbo system & the engine is so powerful, highly compressed, etc, etc.. I went back 2 more times, and was friendly, but VERY firm with the Service Mgr and my SA. I've also purchased about 5-6 new BMWs from them since 2009, and I've sent 4 people there, that also have purchased 4 BMWs (CPO and new).

Mine was most noticed from a stop, to about 30 mph. It was a very high, pitched whine, and I KNEW right away somethin was wrong. There is 100% a Service Bulletin about this known issue, for over TWO years. Good Luck
Old 08-02-2012, 10:00 AM

Mein Auto: Audis
Do a search for a detailed invoice on here from someone

who has had better luck. Bring it to them and demand that its taken care of asap. Bug the S*it out of them.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:49 AM
Wardaddy in retirement

Mein Auto: f01 750i
I have a very quiet high pitched noise from time to time. It's actually more like whistling sound. Very light. First I thought it's coming fromthe A/C but it's there even with the blower completely off.

Assming it's the same whining you mean -
So what is actually the fix, how big of a job is it, do they replace the oil pump and how much has to be taken apart for this?
Do you happen to have a copy of this Service Bulletin?

And if it's something else..I duno.

Last edited by beamlord; 08-06-2012 at 04:58 AM.