Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 97 E36M/4
what were the LCI updates?

Has anyone come across a thorough review of the updates for the LCI (mid-cycle update) of the BMW X1? The only thing I've heard were a slight dash redesign and a sligth revision to front bumper. idrive may have gone standard.

Were there any mechanical updates, such as suspension, brakes, steering? When did the Sdrive get EPS? Do the European Xdrives with smaller engines get EPS? When was Start/Stop and regenerative braking implemented? Additional options?

Thanks.
Ads by Google
Old 08-06-2012, 11:55 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5M, 13 x6 5.0 soon
LCI? The car just came out in 2010 in Europe lol.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E92 335i Coupe
They never released a full check sheet of what is new with the LCI version and the US doesn't refer to it that way either since it is the first introduction to the US market. Highlights for the new X1 from BMW are...
  • Targeted design accents to reinforce the vehicle's character as defined by spontaneous agility, urban elegance and robust versatility in the mould of BMW X models; front apron with new structure and extended painted surfaces emphasises affiliation to the family of BMW X models and premium feel; new headlight design with LED accent lights and LED light rings for the LED daytime running lights in conjunction with optional Xenon lights; new foglamp surrounds; reduced plastic bordering at the lower edge of the body; side indicators integrated into the exterior mirrors; larger painted surfaces and more prominent underguard at the rear; new exterior paint colours and alloy wheels.
  • Optimised premium feel in the interior thanks to newly designed centre console more clearly orientated towards the driver, refined surfaces and controls, as well as new, particularly high-grade interior trim; optional new-design sports leather steering wheel.
  • BMW Lines available on a BMW X model for the first time; targeted individualisation through exclusive, harmoniously matched design and equipment features; BMW xLine accentuates the robust diversity of the new BMW X1, BMW Sport Line emphasises its agility and dynamics; BMW Lines as an alternative to the basic trim level; M Sport package available as a further option.
  • Spacious interior allowing versatile use; three generously sized seats in the rear; 40 : 20 : 40 split-folding rear seatback sections can be individually adjusted in ten stages from 1 to 31; luggage space with seatback in normal position 420 litres, in comfort position (31) 360 litres, in cargo position (1) 480 litres; extendable up to 1 350 litres with the rear seatback fully folded down; wide variety of stowage compartments, trays and cup holders in the passenger compartment.
  • Comprehensive standard equipment including climate control, electrically adjustable heated exterior mirrors, foglamps, onboard computer, plus sound system with CD player, AUX-IN connection and five speakers; high-grade optional equipment, including Professional navigation system with hard disk and iDrive operating system, Harman Kardon Surround Sound System, Comfort Access, Automatic Climate Control, panorama glass roof, automatically dimming exterior and rear-view mirrors, electrically operated seat adjustment, rain sensor, heated steering wheel, tow bar.
  • Wide range of optional driver assistance systems and mobility services from BMW ConnectedDrive: High-Beam Assistant, Adaptive Headlights, rear-view camera, Cruise Control with braking function, Internet use, extended smartphone and music player integration, Real Time Traffic Information, as well as BMW apps for receiving web radio and use of Facebook and Twitter.

You can find the original full on press release at the following link:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=618550
Old 08-06-2012, 03:14 PM

Mein Auto: 97 E36M/4
thanks for those highlights. Those are pretty much what I have read as well. From the sounds of it, they really didn't feel the need to tune the suspension and it remains unknown when the Efficient Dynamics features were implemented.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:36 PM

Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
8 speed auto box
electric steering
minor cosmetic
06 130i - ROCK SOLID Performer
07 320i - SOLD
08 E92 325i - Blue SOLD
Bicycles: Giant TCR Advanced Zero SOLD, Argon 18 Krypton, Argon 18E114, Trek Madone COMING
BOUGHT : MY11.5 X1 Xdrive25i

New car... Estoril Blue Car
Old 08-06-2012, 11:46 PM

Mein Auto: X1 sdrive 18d
ECOpro mode, controls electronics like AC and automatic gear change to maximise efficiency, better driver display of gear change
EPS seems standard now on sDrive (our 4 old sDrive has a horrible retro vibrating hydraulic steering system)
Side mirrors have LED strips, side body work has an indent.
New 'Valencia Orange' paint color
no suspension changes, basically the same old bone shaker.. rumours that BMW were to supply replacement kidneys turned out to be false.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:47 PM

Mein Auto: X1 sdrive 18d
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerized View Post
thanks for those highlights. Those are pretty much what I have read as well. From the sounds of it, they really didn't feel the need to tune the suspension and it remains unknown when the Efficient Dynamics features were implemented.
I believe the Efficient Dynamics features are only available on a specific model. In Spain this is the xDrive 20d. Apparently is it more noiser than then standard car and you can hear this in the cabin