Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 PM
paddle shifter

Send a message via AIM to Mdk330i
Mein Auto: 335d
Thanks to Greg Poland @ Pacific BMW

I just want to share my experience with Greg Poland on a recent purchase.

It starts on April 6. I got rear ended in my 2001 E46 330i. I was devastated that my first BMW was totaled by a Toyota 4runner. Still in shock I didn't know what car would replace my 330. I had no intentions on getting a new car for at least another 5 years after recently putting $5000 in maintenance costs into the car.

First choice was E90 M3 but not many options available. Next choice was leftover 2011 335d. So the search began. I searched bimmerfest for my options on where to purchase and found Greg's name. I sent him an email to take a look at a car he had that was of interest to me. He responded to my email right away and I went to take a look the next day.

He showed me the car and then we went to talk numbers. He gave me a straight up number that I thought was a great offer. He even gave me finance and lease options with exact monthly payments. I don't think he could have made it any more simpler. He offered to hold the car but I decided to sleep on it.

After debating back and forth, the car got sold. Luckily he had another car that I decide to go with. There were certain circumstances that made the purchase a little more complicated but Greg was patient with every question and email with always a prompt reply.

I live about 40-60 minutes away from Pacific and was a little reluctant to purchase due to the distance. But everything from applying for the credit to negotiating numbers was done before delivery date. All I had to do was sign papers and go over the features of the car. I was in and out of the dealership in about an hour.

I would highly recommend Greg for your next BMW purchase. If you want a no nonsense, simple and fast purchase, go see him.

Thanks again Greg!
2001 TiAg 330i/SP/PP/Xenon/OEM CD/OEM Alarm/OEM Clears/VS Paddle shift retrofit/GruppeM CAI/UUC SwayBarbarians (HACK job)/35% tint front & 20% rear/Rear fog retrofit (Kaz, Sergio, and me)/Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 225/45/17 & 245/40/17 /UUC Strutbarbarian/ UUC Underdrive Pullies/ Bilstein PSS-9 / V1 Hardwired / Stoptech SS Brake Lines

2004 Chili Red Mini Cooper

2011 335d
Old 05-21-2012, 11:22 AM
535i M, Tech package

Send a message via Skype™ to tanjasiri
Mein Auto: 2012 535i M sports, Tech
+1 GregPoland@pacificbmw.com

Thanks to Greg Poland, our ED went smooth as silk. (Thai airways ref, as I'm Thai). The whole process could not have been easier and pleasant. If all car buying experience could be like this, then I would probably buy more cars.

Ordered my 535i as in December of last year to be picked up during our kids spring break this past April. I received all the possible incentives that Greg could find for me by the time I ordered it. 3 days before leaving for Munich, went into the dealership in Glendale and signed all the papers and done within an hour. Nice to see that all the numbers and everything on the deal is exactly what he quoted months ago with nothing hidden in the deal. The only thing that made me feel a little weird was the financing department wanting to sell me on all kinds of insurance and ..etc. I wished that they would explain what it is and leave it at that instead of trying to sell you on all the terrible things that can happen to your car when you drive out of the lot.

To Greg's credit, he pulled me aside and told me to go with my gut. Make a decision that makes the most sense to me and not anything else. Done deal. Feel good again.

ED side, was simply a priceless experience. Picked up the car with my 9 year old son at the Welt, VIP lounge, driving simulator, meeting our car, factory tour. Great food, great beer. Drive to Paris with the family and be able to drop off the car at CDG without a hitch. Been following the car's journey with Greg's help all the way from northern Germany to Port Hueneme. That was also fun. Now, just waiting to hear from Greg that our car is ready for pick up in the next few days.

+1 to Greg Poland.

Thanks Greg.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Greg is not going to make the F&I guy at his dealership happy! No trip to Cancun this year I guess.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:10 PM
535i M, Tech package

Send a message via Skype™ to tanjasiri
Mein Auto: 2012 535i M sports, Tech
Ha ha for sure.. I am happy to know that it is more important for his customer to be happy. I think I will refer at least a few friend to him
Old 05-30-2012, 02:44 PM
New BMW *****

Mein Auto: 2012 528i
In the market? See Greg Poland!

I was lurker, and heard some raves about Mr. Poland, and I can attest they are all TRUE. Spoke with many dealerships, and he was fast, professional, offered the best price and communication of them all. You'd be surprised by the lack of follow-up and customer service skills many CAs had in such a competitive So Cal market. Loving my 2012 528i and a payment that begins with a 4!!! Many thanks to this forum for making my choice as educated as possible!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ALJ.528i.2.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	327252   Click image for larger version

Name:	ALJ.528i.3.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	327253  
Old 05-30-2012, 08:43 PM

Mein Auto: 11' 328 xDrive Touring
400ish for a 528?

Please share, is it a stripped down version? Money down? Full msd?

What incentives did you use? That sounds like a great deal.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Bimmer
Old 05-30-2012, 09:01 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Thank you to Greg Poland

We wanted to thank Greg Poland from Pacific BMW for helping us with our first ED. We contacted him based on the recommendations from Bimmerfrest and could not have been more happy with our decision to use Greg.

The entire experience could not have been better, never was there a time we felt pressured to buy a car. Greg took the time necessary to not only show us the options we were interested in, but also the options we were only curious about. Once we decided on what we wanted, he emailed us an initial quote. As we did more research we added some options and Greg emailed us an updated quote within hours and the numbers matched on the day we signed all the paperwork.

When asked, Greg gave us honest advice on what he thought we needed and what we probably did not need. To his credit he made every effort to ensure we were happy with the color selection and went out of his way to find a car with the different blues we wanted to make sure we were happy with the color choice.

We are looking forwarded to 528ís arrival at Pacific BMW and referring others to Greg. By far this has been the easiest car purchase I have made of the 3 cars I have purchased in the past.

I followed the advice on Bimmerfest and went with Greg. Could not have been happier with the outcome.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:32 PM
New BMW *****

Sorry traveling to Palm Springs this weekend to break-in the car! Not a stripper, did 52.6k MSRP, however Greg did the car under invoice; I then compounded the option allowance and USAA.. Can't use the latter with Drive team. I also used the Edmunds rebate, by placing an extra 1500 down than I otherwise wouldn't have. This cut the cap
Cost a lot. So with tax included my payment was just over mid-4s. Save time and talk to Greg, I can't say enough. Walked in the dealer at 8PM and the car detailing kept me there until 9. He's crazy quick!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:50 AM

Mein Auto: 06 650i, 08 MINI ClubmanS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnz528i View Post
Sorry traveling to Palm Springs this weekend to break-in the car! Not a stripper, did 52.6k MSRP, however Greg did the car under invoice; I then compounded the option allowance and USAA.. Can't use the latter with Drive team. I also used the Edmunds rebate, by placing an extra 1500 down than I otherwise wouldn't have. This cut the cap
Cost a lot. So with tax included my payment was just over mid-4s. Save time and talk to Greg, I can't say enough. Walked in the dealer at 8PM and the car detailing kept me there until 9. He's crazy quick!
+1 to +1000 for Greg

mid $4xx for a 528i is GREAT!
2008 Cooper S Clubman (Sold)
2006 650i (sold)
2011 535i M-Sport (ED September 17th, 2011,redeliver on 11/15/2011, sold)
2011 Z4 SDrive35is (ED September 17th, 2011, redeliver on 11/9/2011, Lease return on September 2013)
2013 M3 (ED pickup April 23rd, 2013, redeliver on 6/28/2013)
BMWCCA: 359118
Old 06-01-2012, 01:34 PM

Mein Auto: none
I'm going to have to strongly disagree with this thread.

I just read the forums and do my research that way, i don't really post. We needed to replace our old BMW. And I too saw these positive posts about Greg, and we decided to contact him for our next purchase.

No response.

Tried to get in touch with him a few days later and he responded asking what we would like. Emailed him what we wanted.

No response.

I mean, i've heard of salesmen giving people the cold shoulder after a sale, but never before a sale.

It's too bad our experience with Greg wasn't very good. Greg just put us off buying a BMW this time. We ended up buying a new car elsewhere, so in the end it worked out for us. But I just wanted to give future readers like myself some balanced feedback.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:11 PM

I just completed a transaction with Greg on a 528i. Everything went well, just as expected.

Last edited by EC7; 06-01-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Munchen bound

Mein Auto: Ferrari
I did an ED with another dealer on here three years ago. And while I am grateful for the last minute color change and great Welt experience, I was left really disappointed with unanswered calls and other issues with lost checks and supposedly lost emails. Never again!

I am going to reach out to Greg and see if he can work something out for me on another car.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:16 PM

If you are smart...

If you are smart, and in the market for a new car, you will do the following:

1. Unequivocally choose a BMW over its competitive rivals
2. Sign up on Bimmerfest to get helpful tips and advise from its chairman, sponsors and members
3. Contact Greg Poland (CA), and seal the deal.

After almost six months of research and deliberation, I finally leaned towards leasing a 2012 BMW 5 Series. While forum members at Bimmerfest were instrumental in answering my inquiries, Greg played the principal role in completing this endeavor.

This was not my first time buying a car form a dealership, and my previous experiences were horrific and traumatic. On the contrary, my experience with Greg (and Daniel Dutton, Finance Manager) was totally different from my previous ones. The transaction was honest, straightforward and professional.

I am a happy customer, and will certainly become a repeat customer. Further, I am pleased to have contributed to their business goals, as they have also contributed to my best interests.

E.H.

Last edited by EC7; 06-03-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:04 PM

Mein Auto: 128i Coupe
I just picked up a new 128i coupe from Greg Poland yesterday and the experience couldn't have gone any better. He gave me a fantastic deal and made sure I got every incentive possible, kept me updated through the whole ordering process, and was always prompt to reply to emails.

If you're in the SoCal area and in the market for a new BMW, there is seriously no reason not to go with Greg at Pacific BMW.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:24 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Unless of course you want to visit Jon Shafer in Santa Barbara for a really great deal and superb buying experience!

Last edited by UncleJ; 06-17-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 650i Convertible
Excellent Modern Car Buying Experience

Greg is certainly not the old school car dealer that wants you to go into your office so that he can sell you a car at MSRP and add all sorts of extras that you do not need.

Greg is a thoroughly up-front, modern dealer that will deliver on your needs, be it European Delivery or stateside, with ease, precision, and without the sleaziness many associate with a car transaction.

This is my 2nd ED, fifth BMW bought and a great overall experience.

I live in San Francisco and had some work that brought me down to Burbank--Greg picked me up at my hotel to deliver my 750aH in his 750 aH.

Throughout the process, Greg was lightning fast to respond, honest about costs and details and a true professional. If you're in the market for a BMW, I would give Greg a call or send him an email and give him the opportunity to earn your business.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:59 AM

Mein Auto: 535i
Smile Greg Poland outstanding pricing and service

I just recently purchased my very first BMW.....2012 535i from Greg Poland over at Glendale, California at Pacific BMW. I researched from several websites, forums, friends and etc. for several weeks until I was satisfied with the great numbers and customer service that Greg Poland provided. He return emails, texts and phone calls promptly and with honesty.

I travelled through several counties to purchase my first BMW through him because I truly got the best price and customer service from him.

Thank you so much for your help Bimmerfest and Greg Poland.

P.S. Greg Poland info:

Pacific BMW
800 South Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91201
818.254.1491 Direct
818.956.8576 Fax
gregpoland@pacificbmw.com

Regards,

Jose
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1214.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	336607   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	336608   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2-2.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	336609   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3-2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	336610   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1215.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	336611  

Name:	IMG_1221.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	336612  
Old 08-13-2012, 07:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 550i
congrats and beautiful car; greg is well known around these parts

off topic here; but i still cant fathom why a car in this price range (~$60K) does not come with heated seats as standard?!! i cant believe it... cars that cost 1/4 of this car come with it standard... i actually was on the verge of buying a 535i when i discovered it didnt have heated seats.. i know you live in CA and i live in FL but it's still a nice thing to have.. either way congrats!
Old 08-14-2012, 10:30 PM

Mein Auto: 535i
Hi,

Well what was odd is that I wanted rear folding seats but it's offered in the cold weather package deal when other manufactures offer the rear folding seats as a standard feature. I guess if I go sking I have to put them on the roof! Lol
Old 08-15-2012, 06:09 AM

Mein Auto: '11 535i, '99 328i retd
This is yet another thread with that man's name that simply sounds like a very clever, disguised self-advertising.

Driving through several counties... why not get your local dealer to match another one's offer?

I don't know but the title of the thread is just odd. Also, why post specific information including his fax #? Some clever salesman I tell you.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi799 View Post
This is yet another thread with that man's name that simply sounds like a very clever, disguised self-advertising.

Driving through several counties... why not get your local dealer to match another one's offer?

I don't know but the title of the thread is just odd. Also, why post specific information including his fax #? Some clever salesman I tell you.
I disagree. I have dealt with GP myself. Also looked at competitive offers from other dealers and decided to lean towards towards GP's offer.

I believe the OP started the thread because he is very pleased and thrilled with his 'atypical' (in a good way) buying experience. I, too, felt the same after I completed my transaction a few months ago.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=513865&page=3

Last edited by EC7; 08-15-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:30 PM

Mein Auto: '11 535i, '99 328i retd
My salesman was very nice too yet I don't go out promoting him (I assume there are a bunch of fine guys in this business all around, a few I spoke to were all decent men)... My salesman had to ask his boss for permission on the deal so nothing was really in his hands, so unless this GP guy is a head manager of the joint, what real power does he have other than being nice and prompt? That's all.

It'd be a super clever pitch to self-promote oneself though, I gotta admit, and fairly easy thing to do as well...

One thing though... I made at least 5-7 trips to the dealer before I signed the line, so driving upwards of 1,2+ hrs ("several counties") each time one way would seem insane just to deal with a nicer guy. Oh well.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Greg Poland Pacific BMW

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 3.5 M sport
wow.............I am speechless............. I am just trying to provide good service to forum members. NOTE I am a paying sponsor to be on this site... and because of that I try to give as much help to forum members as possible.

Greg Poland
Pacific BMW
800 South Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91204
818 254 1491
www.PacificBMW.com
gregpoland@pacificbmw.com
Euro delivery, PC delivery, Out of state-new and used car sales
Hours:T-F 1-8 PM,Sat 1 to 8pm, off Sun and Mon.

Current rides: 2013 X5 msport and 2013 535i
15% over wholesale/invoice for all accessories! and free shipping for Bimmerfest members!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEK7hG-3fyA

Last edited by Greg@Pacific BMW; 08-15-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@Pacific BMW View Post
wow.............I am speechless............. I am just trying to provide good service to forum members. NOTE I am a paying sponsor to be on this site... and because of that I try to give as much help to forum members as possible.
Greg, just remember, ...no good deed goes unpunished!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:35 PM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Clown

Greg:
Thanks for that $50,000 check u sent me for mentioning ur name in my posts this last year.

LOL

That guy sounds like a hater anyways. Anyone who knows u and has done business with greg never has to leave there computer.
No unnecessary trips back and forth to the dealership.
STEP 1 ...pick a car online
STEP 2 ....negotiate with greg
STEP 3 ....pick the car up
STEP 4 ....njoy car and spread love throughout the planet and try not to hate on great people and the universe will do the same to you.

Those of us who have met you know whole heartedly that you a not just great at what you do for a living..... but also a phenomenal human being.

I consider greg a friend

Much love Rob

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps

Last edited by 5seriesHB; 08-15-2012 at 04:38 PM.