Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 08-16-2012, 03:30 PM

Mein Auto: X3 2006
Question Changes to my order

I Placed my order on July 31stů.the dealership says that should go in for September production. Yesterday, i went in and wanted to change interior trim and upholstery colour. The dealer seemed to make a big deal out of it. Said that the car was in stage 11 of the order process and he might be able to squeeze it through.

I also wanted to add sport seats. He first said it would be an additional $800, however then he came back saying they would have to special order them and it would cost an additional $400 for a special order charge over and above the $ 800.

My questions:

1. Is it really that much of a hassle to make these changes in this stage of production?
2. Does BMW really have a special order charge in place that adds $400 to my sports seats addition?

Any insight is highly appreciated!
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
As long as the vehicle has not gone into prodution, changes can be made to your order and it IS NOT a hassle for the dealer. There also is NO CHARGE for them to make changes . If they are telling you that, then they are lying.

Last edited by Want the Thrill; 08-16-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:47 PM

Mein Auto: Lexus RX350
I changed my order multiple times before it went into production. Just be firm and if they don't help you out, cancel and send your business to another dealer.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:34 AM

Mein Auto: X3 2006
Thank you both!

Appreciate your input
Old 08-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Qu'est Que C'est

Mein Auto: 11 328 Wagon,13 X3, F-150
anything can be changed in stage 11...stage 12 is another matter.

and special order charges above the normal package or option cost....are lies