Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Old 08-17-2012, 11:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 530i
Exclamation Issues while on Road Trip

Hey all,

Got my 2009 X6 50i about 2.5 months ago and decided to take a road trip with it a few weeks ago. Drove from Dallas to Denver, I find that an extended road trip really helps to get to know a car. Plus having a turbo charged engine in the mountains is fantastic...

While driving up there we encountered a brief strong rain storm on around Trinidad while blasting down the other side of the I-25 Raton pass. After the storm stopped everything was wet and cool (70's) so we rolled down the windows to enjoy the mountain air. Once we rolled the windows back up, the humidity shot up and so I was adjusting the vent and temp settings. While doing so the system got stuck with all of the vents shut, windshield, dash, and foot well vents were all closed somewhere inside the dash (not at the vents openings) and no air was coming out regardless of the blower setting. We tried cycling all settings, from the vent adjustments, to the auto settings (soft, medium, intensive). On full blast you knew from the air sounds the system was in there creating a wind storm, but none of it would come out. It remained that way for the next two stops (about 4 hours) and didn't seem to fully return to normal until the next day. Our cooling of the car was limited to what was coming out of the rear. Which we figured out (I think this is on purpose), if you have the front on max, the cold air to the back shuts down, it just vents. So we stopped to see if shutting down would help (also topped off gas, restroom, etc), i locked the car and was surprised to notice the beep sound was not normal, it was a muted pathetic sounding low warble, which also returned to normal the next day. I am unsure if this is related? Almost makes me think something got wet that shouldn't have?

So i got an appointment, we are still on the 4/50, and took it into the dealer (it never got stuck again though) and they could not find anything wrong. The Service adviser inferred that if the vent director motor(s?) had faulted it would show, but they found nothing. Anybody have any suggestions?

On a related note, it seems as if the passenger side air does not get as cold as it should, all vent/temp and equilibrium (the blue/red bar adjustment) settings being the same. I have read other model threads that infer this starts happening when the freon needs recharging. The dealer didn't find anything wrong here either. Thoughts?

Thanks, Dan
Ads by Google
Old 08-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 335i
My Tahoe had dual climate and the driver side would get hot and the passenger side would blow ice cold. They couldnt find a problem with it so i dropped off the car when it was doing it and didnt turn it off, they were able to pull the code. They ended up replacing something like the actuator and then the whole system. I am pretty sure your ac does not need recharged. It's more along the line of electronics causing the problem.

Last edited by mjrbimmer335i; 08-17-2012 at 11:43 AM.