Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3
Question X3 2012 - Acceleration Hesitation

I purchased my X3 in Feb 2012. I noticed some acceleration hesitation issues & noted that Consumer Reports mentioned it in their evauation. I googled the issue & found Bimmerfest, where I learned about the software fix. I contacted BMW who claims that the software fix for this problem is already in the model I purchased. I don't know how bad it was before, so I don't have a means of comparison. I would like to know if others are still experiencing this problem after the "fix"? If so, have you had any luck in finding a resolution? If no one is experiencing this issue, maybe I am expecting too much.
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
There has been plenty of discussion about this programming fault.

BMW corrected it with a TSB... search the forum.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3
Question X3 2012 - Acceleration Hesitation

I had previously checked what was out there on this issue. My X3 is suppossed to have the software fix already. I am curious if those who have post "fix" X3's still find this problem. To me, it does still exhibit some hesitation in certain circumstances, which can be a bit annoying. I had previous BMW models without coming across this. It just surprised me to encounter it.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Runon MD1

Send a message via AIM to Runon MD1
Mein Auto: 335i Sedan
Acceleration hesitation issue.

I still experience it, including a revving in a low gear from a stop until the car reaches what I believe to be an excessive RPM level before it changes gears. It's erratic in its occurrence, but it is always annoying when it happens.

Richard
Old 08-16-2012, 08:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 x3 28i
Yes, I still have it in my 2011 2.8 xDrive after the software update, but only when I don't come to a complete stop, such as rolling up to a red light and it turns green before I come to a complete stop.

Last week I started to turn down a street but found it closed, I turned the wheel and tried to give it gas to get going back on the original road.... I pressed the gas and nothing happened... for what seemed an eternity... I'm sure it was just a split second. My 1 series would never do this. Never experienced this with Z3's, e39's, e46, or e82 models.

I also find that pushing the gas pedal has a much less direct connection to engine acceleration than my other BMWs. I really hope BMW comes out with a few more updates to correct this problem. This is the first BMW I've owned, out of several, that I am not totally pleased with.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug in NC View Post
Yes, I still have it in my 2011 2.8 xDrive after the software update, but only when I don't come to a complete stop, such as rolling up to a red light and it turns green before I come to a complete stop.

Last week I started to turn down a street but found it closed, I turned the wheel and tried to give it gas to get going back on the original road.... I pressed the gas and nothing happened... for what seemed an eternity... I'm sure it was just a split second. My 1 series would never do this. Never experienced this with Z3's, e39's, e46, or e82 models.

I also find that pushing the gas pedal has a much less direct connection to engine acceleration than my other BMWs. I really hope BMW comes out with a few more updates to correct this problem. This is the first BMW I've owned, out of several, that I am not totally pleased with.
Go to the previous X3 generation Forum and you will see this is the bane of the X3's existence. Major reason I did not buy a new X3.

The rolling stop acceleration/hesitation is text book screw up of the X3 AT.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 08-19-2012, 11:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
I'm not sure if mine has the fix or not, but mine does have unusual acceleration from a stop. If I apply a bit of pressure to the gas pedal and then keep the pressure constant, it accelerates very conservatively and smooth... but if I apply a slightly increasing amount of pressure it launches off the line very aggressively. I've driven a lot of different cars and never seen one behave this way.

I assumed this was intentional, to provide an economical start or a quick start... but it seems unnatural. I've gotten used to it, but maybe it is a bug after all?

Last edited by SpaceManGray; 08-19-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:41 PM

Mein Auto: E92 M3 using ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post
Go to the previous X3 generation Forum and you will see this is the bane of the X3's existence. Major reason I did not buy a new X3.

The rolling stop acceleration/hesitation is text book screw up of the X3 AT.
My 2013 X3 335i accelerate w/o hesitations. We had a similar problem with our 08 E92 M3 with DCT when it came out but they were able to fix the problem. Even the Audi is not immune to that software bug.

Last edited by valeram; 08-19-2012 at 10:03 PM.