Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1997 BMW 528I
How to build BMW Supercharged or Drag Car?

As shown here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...48#post7016848

Hi everyone,

I've picked up to mags on Chevy and Ford and to my interest, they talked about adding things to make your car extremely fast and step by step instructions and pics to either modify the car to be fast, etc. Where is something like this for BMW? I saw a european magazine a while back and I didn't pick it up. It seemed like the counterpart to the American mags that tell you how to soup up your car. It was in Borders which went out of business and I hate I didn't buy it. If anyone with any knowledge and tutorials can help please do! Very interested in this area.

Also I noticed this:

http://www.esstuning.com/products/E3...er-System.html
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2012, 12:04 PM

Mein Auto: '06 750Li
It's a sporty luxury car, not a luxury sports car man there are ways, I know the member on here Giz11 installed an ESS supercharger but it took a LOT of time and money. And the gains weren't phenomenal. I suggest that if you want more power, get a B7, a 760, or an M5/M6

2006 BMW 750Li - Style 128's with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Magnaflow quad exhaust, ACS Roof Spoiler, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Umnitza LED License Plate Lights, Beltronics V995

1997 BMW 540i - E39 M5 wheels, straight piped quad exhaust, CAI, Dinan performance chip, H&R springs

2002 Lexus LX470 - Window Tint (20%)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE - Window Tint (30% front, 15% rear), LED interior lighting

2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 - AMG Sports Package - SOLD

Old 08-17-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri [TBR] View Post
It's a sporty luxury car, not a luxury sports car man there are ways, I know the member on here Giz11 installed an ESS supercharger but it took a LOT of time and money. And the gains weren't phenomenal. I suggest that if you want more power, get a B7, a 760, or an M5/M6
Suri true, but I also like to know how this stuff is one. Those chevy and ford guys have a ball with this stuff and it interest me. I'm sure many can take pride in building their own souped up beemer! From what I've seen interest in BMWs going to car shows, etc have increased dramatically so there seems to be a growing interest in this. Was hoping somebody can lend a helping hand.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:49 PM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
it's not a "ricer" but you can do most any of the ricer things to these to make them faster but in the end, they are ALWAYS going to be a BIG OLE HEAVY sedan. One way to make them quicker is to strip out anything that isn't REQUIRED for the 1/4 mile. That means seats, consoles, spare tires, etc but let's face it, if you really wanted to do that, you would not have bought this car in the first place.

You could always pay a company like Hannman or Dinan for special tuning and have them add twin turbo's to these older models but like the car itself, the "performance enhancers" are also VERY expensive so these aren't exactly 'economical' to do by yourself. Heck, you are going to drop $5K into the parts ALONE for the twin turbos even if you buy them wholesale and have been smart enough to write your own programming.

So, no Virginia, there is not a Santa Claus...ah, er...this is NOT a car you can easily or cheaply "build up".

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)
Old 08-17-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
it's not a "ricer" but you can do most any of the ricer things to these to make them faster but in the end, they are ALWAYS going to be a BIG OLE HEAVY sedan. One way to make them quicker is to strip out anything that isn't REQUIRED for the 1/4 mile. That means seats, consoles, spare tires, etc but let's face it, if you really wanted to do that, you would not have bought this car in the first place.

You could always pay a company like Hannman or Dinan for special tuning and have them add twin turbo's to these older models but like the car itself, the "performance enhancers" are also VERY expensive so these aren't exactly 'economical' to do by yourself. Heck, you are going to drop $5K into the parts ALONE for the twin turbos even if you buy them wholesale and have been smart enough to write your own programming.

So, no Virginia, there is not a Santa Claus...ah, er...this is NOT a car you can easily or cheaply "build up".
Excellent info, I'm sure the cost will be great but some people like putting a lot of money into their cars. I've done both sides of the equation, bought em or had new things added to an older one. I'm just intrigued by this that's all. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:46 AM
Matching beemer & bimmer

Mein Auto: 1999 K1200 & 2001 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMAX1234 View Post
I'm sure many can take pride in building their own souped up beemer! From what I've seen interest in BMWs going to car shows, etc
Do you know what a beemer is?
Old 08-21-2012, 05:38 AM

Mein Auto: E55
You do know this is a 7 series subsection. I dont think ive ever seen a 7 series at a dragstrip?
Anyways what car are you driving? In your sig says a 1997 528i?
Those are old school inline 6s which can take moderately more power.
Have you looked into a HKS/Rotrex blower from Active Autowerke in Miami?
You know these kits are $7-8K and they make about 350 hp crank range
YOu want more horsepower you will have to go to a big single turbo with a custom tune/injector setup.

If you want i can put you in contact with my freinds at Active Autowerke in Miami. I know them very well.
I used to have their "old" tune in my current car. I replaced with a brand specific tune more applicable.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosejaw View Post
You do know this is a 7 series subsection. I dont think ive ever seen a 7 series at a dragstrip?
Anyways what car are you driving? In your sig says a 1997 528i?
Those are old school inline 6s which can take moderately more power.
Have you looked into a HKS/Rotrex blower from Active Autowerke in Miami?
You know these kits are $7-8K and they make about 350 hp crank range
YOu want more horsepower you will have to go to a big single turbo with a custom tune/injector setup.

If you want i can put you in contact with my freinds at Active Autowerke in Miami. I know them very well.
I used to have their "old" tune in my current car. I replaced with a brand specific tune more applicable.
Thanks Boosejaw, appreciate that info. It seems the Active Autowerke products seem to come up alot, I'm thinking of going that route.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaftdrive View Post
Do you know what a beemer is?
This must be a trick question from a person that has beemer and bimmer in his subheading. LOL.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:00 AM

Mein Auto: BMW745I E65 ,BMW318 IS 94
Quote:
This must be a trick question from a person that has beemer and bimmer in his subheading. LOL.
Last time i checked bimmer is a car and beemer a motorcycle LOL
Old 08-21-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastcombo View Post
Last time i checked bimmer is a car and beemer a motorcycle LOL
Yes, you right but also they sometimes are used interchangeable. LOL. I personally think Bimmer seems to bland but then again I'm from the midwest where many of us do use beemer vs bimmer. But speaking of Bimmer, I sure do love the magazine! All BMW all the time and this website and you guys!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:19 AM

Mein Auto: BMW745I E65 ,BMW318 IS 94
Quote:
Yes, you right but also they sometimes are used interchangeable. LOL. I personally think Bimmer seems to bland but then again I'm from the midwest where many of us do use beemer vs bimmer. But speaking of Bimmer, I sure do love the magazine! All BMW all the time and this website and you guys!
Totally agree we have passion for our car's treat them with care and share our knowledge witch safe most of us serious bucks and trip to the Stealers and now we are coding our car's.
Such knowledge and information still haven't found it on another car forum yet BIMMERFEST ROCKS and nobody thought this would happen 10 years ago and still we are learning new things on a car build in 2000 man o man and it's just the beginning
Old 08-21-2012, 07:58 AM

Mein Auto: MB S500/750Li Individual
You can always be the first person to have a Twin-Turbo E65/66 7-Series

2008 BMW Individual E66 750Li
2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 W220