Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 Alpine White MT 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Don't be surprised if the popo makes you take it off. Way darker than the legal limit.
Yeah what do you need such dark tints for? Transporting Lindsey Lohan back n forth from rehab?

Old 08-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Swedish Murder Machine

Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328i2013 View Post
Yeah what do you need such dark tints for? Transporting Lindsey Lohan back n forth from rehab?
My guess is he's under 35. When I was in my 20's I wanted the darkest tint I could get. I wanted the car all blacked out. I was delusional that the super dark tint made the car look cool and made me look very mysterious. I was going to get a lot of tail with my blacked out window tint car. Yeah baby yeah!

Then in my 30's I still wanted the windows tinted to reduce heat and glare on my favored black interiors but I didn't want my car to look like it was being driven by a wanna-be-member of a gang or Yakuza... so I went with a much lighter tint.

Now that I'm 40, I don't give a sh!t about window tint. Seeing at night is hard enough without black tinted windows focking things up.

Last edited by voip-ninja; 08-23-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
My guess is he's under 35. When I was in my 20's I wanted the darkest tint I could get. I wanted the car all blacked out. I was delusional that the super dark tint made the car look cool and made me look very mysterious. I was going to get a lot of tail with my blacked out window tint car. Yeah baby yeah!

Then in my 30's I still wanted the windows tinted to reduce heat and glare on my favored black interiors but I didn't want my car to look like it was being driven by a wanna-be-member of a gang or Yakuza... so I went with a much lighter tint.

Now that I'm 40, I don't give a sh!t about window tint. Seeing at night is hard enough without black tinted windows focking things up.
You know I have to admit - I came to this forum and found it really informative when I had a problem (by the way - for those asking, it was Valencia BMW that took such great care of me). However, as I've continued to read and try to be a part of the forum, I've found that it is full of people being rude to others and putting others down just based on their opinion.

My in-laws are the ones that pointed me at the BMW's and my only concern was that I didn't want to be grouped in with the typical BMW owner. They asked what I meant, and I explained this forum to a T.

I'd like to know where you pick up such as skill as estimating someones age based upon their posts and tint preferences. Get your money back, your way off. For all those who NEED to know what I'm transporting - it's people, and I live in a place where it regularly gets 115 in the summer. PS - it looks great, 20 or 50 year old, it still looks great.

Thanks for the input. I don't think I'm going to be an active member of the forum anymore just based on the general feeling I get around here. Thanks to those that were supportive and helpful though.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Swedish Murder Machine

Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrevill View Post
You know I have to admit - I came to this forum and found it really informative when I had a problem (by the way - for those asking, it was Valencia BMW that took such great care of me). However, as I've continued to read and try to be a part of the forum, I've found that it is full of people being rude to others and putting others down just based on their opinion.

My in-laws are the ones that pointed me at the BMW's and my only concern was that I didn't want to be grouped in with the typical BMW owner. They asked what I meant, and I explained this forum to a T.

I'd like to know where you pick up such as skill as estimating someones age based upon their posts and tint preferences. Get your money back, your way off. For all those who NEED to know what I'm transporting - it's people, and I live in a place where it regularly gets 115 in the summer. PS - it looks great, 20 or 50 year old, it still looks great.

Thanks for the input. I don't think I'm going to be an active member of the forum anymore just based on the general feeling I get around here. Thanks to those that were supportive and helpful though.
It was a ****ing joke.

1. Get a thicker skin if you're going to hang around on internet forums.
2. Lighten up.

Some of us like to inject some levity around here. That includes a little bit of teasing. Sorry if you couldn't figure that out from the tone of my post, but that sort of fits into the whole "internet" thing... if that rubs you the wrong way then I have no idea what you're going to do when BJ posts that he will Paypal you money right now to take the window tint off the car.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328xi
2013 328xi Power Train malfunction at 500 miles

Hi - first bmw and first post here. The power train malfunction warning message came on at 500 miles and I brought it back to the dealership. They are still diagnosing.....I wish I read all threads under this forum before purchasing. Oh, the bmw dealership gives a Toyota sentra as loaner too....so much for sophistication.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrevill View Post