Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Mullini

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW sDrive 28i X1
Cool Tristan has my X1

Hi everyone, will be a first-time BMW owner in a few weeks. Last weekend I put a deposit on an X1 already allocated to my dealership (South Bay BMW). I was given a sheet with the VIN, etc., and signed onto MyBMW. It's not updated just yet, but I found this great blog with a post called "How to follow your BMW order," and using the info there, I just verified my X1 was put on a ship called Tristan which left Bremerhaven Saturday the 28th. Will be in Port Hueneme on 9/19 (ETA).

Glacier Silver, black int, Premium pkg and that's it. MSRP 36045. My partner would have preferred to get the lighting package for the Xenons, but apparently that would be a special order at this point - unless I hooked into some fully loaded beauty that would be a bit pricey.

We won't negotiate until the car is at the dealer, but I am not expecting much off. The fact is, we need a new car now. To wait a few months and get a few hundred off doesn't make sense for us, since we'd have to rent something in the meanwhile!

If i hadn't fallen for the X1, who knows what we'd have bought this week. Probably the Acura RDX. We almost bought a Jetta diesel Sportwagon, but for VW's bad luck - two cars we looked at had body issues that worried us. One was missing a small piece from the door handle. The salesman blamed "lookie-lous" who wander through the dealership from a Costco nearby. Then the next one we looked at, a small piece on the bumper (for jack) was loose too.

We postponed a decision and wound up at the BMW dealership...
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2012, 12:56 PM
BMW Enthusiast!

Mein Auto: 2007 Z4+X3, 2006 530Xi
Congrats!

I have never driven an X1 but love my X3! Very solid and dependable.

Fun to drive too, of course!

My garage: 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Manual, 2007 BMW X3, 2006 BMW 530xi

Retired: 1998 BMW Z3

Member of BMWCCA!
Old 08-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Um... why not get the price right now? Seems logical to expect $500 or so over invoice. It's still just a BMW.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Mullini

Well would negotiations require a down payment? I'd prefer to hold onto my bucks until the car is actually here for me to pick up. I didn't special order it, remember. I just selected it from the dealership's allocation. They took a $1000 check but haven't cashed it.

I don't know about $500 over invoice but I'll see what I can get. The dealership sold its only X1, the same car most dealerships out here got - the sDrive 28 in Mineral white. It already had 170 miles of test drives on it when I saw it last Sunday. I hope the purchaser got a nice discount! That's a lot of brake slamming and pedal mashing...

And frankly, by the end of September when my Glacier Silver slides into LA, if it seems I can get a better deal elsewhere, I can walk...

Last edited by mullini; 08-27-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: grammar - it's for its
Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullini View Post
Well would negotiations require a down payment? I'd prefer to hold onto my bucks until the car is actually here for me to pick up. I didn't special order it, remember. I just selected it from the dealership's allocation. They took a $1000 check but haven't cashed it.

I don't know about $500 over invoice but I'll see what I can get. The dealership sold its only X1, the same car most dealerships out here got - the sDrive 28 in Mineral white. It already had 170 miles of test drives on it when I saw it last Sunday. I hope the purchaser got a nice discount! That's a lot of brake slamming and pedal mashing...

And frankly, by the end of September when my Glacier Silver slides into LA, if it seems I can get a better deal elsewhere, I can walk...
No, negotiations do not require a down payment. Ordered a few BMWs...never put a down payment on any of them.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Mullini

Update - Tristan is almost past Mexico and will be coming up the California coast tonight. I could track it easily by just googling "Tristan cargo" and the first link gives Tristan's lat/long, map location, etc.

So my Silver s28 should be unloaded tomorrow and on its way to LA soon. Wonder how many other X1's are on Tristan...
Old 09-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Mullini

UPDATE TO MY UPDATE - Pretty sure the cargo ship Tristan dropped off the Glacier Silver X1 s28 with premium package I had a deposit on this last Wednesday, and it seems to be "awaiting shipment" to the dealer as of this morning. I understand those updates can be 48 hours behind, so maybe it is actually there (South Bay BMW, greater LA area).

However, skipping over a long story, my CA told me she would understand if we "released" the Silver X1 with only premium pkg to find/order an X1 with everything we actually wanted/desired. And we have done so, as of this morning. Story elsewhere in the forum, under "Ordered from Beverly Hills BMW".