Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 525i 5-speed
Test drove, placed order! Excited!!!

Greetings!

A long time reader of this board, you members have fixed many of problems with all my cars, so thank you very much!

Test drove the 2013 X1 xDrive35i yesterday. I went to really get a feel for how much interior room the vehicle had. This was my concern. I figured it would perform like a BMW, right?...

I was impressed. For a '1-series' I did not think it would be comfortable at all but my wife and I had plenty of room. I am not a small guy, 6' and weigh about 200 lbs. I adjusted the driver's seat then sat in the back and had enough leg room for any trip. Also more than enough room for baby seat. The back area is good size but not huge. My wife said it looks like an oversized station wagon. I would say she was right but the correct term would be 'crossover'. Similar to the Infiniti EX maybe...

The drive was excellent- BMW indeed! Sat higher than BMW sedan [which eat the road] but lower than X3, both of which I have owned. Got lots of looks from people and everyone at the dealership was looking at it; which is expected for a new model, at least for the USA!

This particular X1 had all the bells and whistles. The dealer just got it in on August 21 and I drove it August 25. Had 64 miles on it. MSRP was $46,000!!! Crazy!

I currently have a 2001, 525i, 5-speed, with 112,000 miles. So it is either put around $3K in for routine maintenance of wear parts, 100K mileage PM's, etc, which I have not done yet, or get something else.

I ordered an sDrive28i an hour and a half after getting to the dealer!!! I am a simple man. No packages. No options. Black exterior, beige leatherette interior. I couldn't believe they found one on the boat over! Usually every BMW has some kind of package or option, etc......The X1 is scheduled to go to Texas but if my dealer can grab it I should be taking delivery in about 2 weeks!! The boats port in GA and my dealer is in Jacksonville so pretty close! If not, I'm sure another one is on the way over or worse case they will have to build one and I'll get it in 10 weeks, but I'll have fun tracking the build!!

Got an OK deal I would say. $545 off MSRP, so $31,000 total for a new BMW X1!!! Not bad when you consider the next lowest price new 4-door BMW, excluding Mini of course, is the 328i at $37,400, no options, including shipping!!

I am very excited and will report back when I have the VIN and start tracking my car.

I am going to pick up the car at the local dealer but then do the Performance Delivery in SC!

If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask!

hornsch
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2012, 10:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive28i
I ordered an X1 xDrive28i back in June sight unseen. It should be here in a week or so I am told.

I currently have a 2005 X3 3.0 which is the best car I have ever had , and before that a 2001 X5 3.0 (one of the first ones in the Bay Area)

I had one of the very first X5's in San Francisco back in 2000 which was a kick because alot of people did "rubber neck" One little kid in the Costco parking lot said "DAD! DAD!! look!! BMW makes a mini-van!!!" and his dad didn't even turn around, but just said "CMON, let's go, BMW doesn't make those" Kind of like monsters under the bed

Be prepared for alot of people stopping you to ask questions... or stopping to look inside your car when it's parked somewhere... which kind of creeped me out

The only down-side with the new X5 was that getting parts was a little slow at first, and there were a few glitches: once my window wouldn't come back up and it took the dealership like 2 days to figure out that the X5 had different wiring.

I don't think this will be the case for the X1 though because they have been all over Europe for several years.

My only regret is that we didn't get the diesel X1's this year in the US...
Old 08-26-2012, 10:23 AM

I agree htlevine about the parts. But if they do take a while to get then I'll just have to demand a good loaner from the dealer!

I was looking hard at the Audi A3 diesel but stuck to my passion. M5, X3, 5-series, now X1. I hate that I love BMW so much!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X1
Quote:
I currently have a 2001, 525i, 5-speed, with 112,000 miles. So it is either put around $3K in for routine maintenance of wear parts, 100K mileage PM's, etc, which I have not done yet, or get something else.

I ordered an sDrive28i an hour and a half after getting to the dealer!!! I am a simple man. No packages. No options. Black exterior, beige leatherette interior. I couldn't believe they found one on the boat over! Usually every BMW has some kind of package or option, etc......The X1 is scheduled to go to Texas but if my dealer can grab it I should be taking delivery in about 2 weeks!! The boats port in GA and my dealer is in Jacksonville so pretty close! If not, I'm sure another one is on the way over or worse case they will have to build one and I'll get it in 10 weeks, but I'll have fun tracking the build!!

Got an OK deal I would say. $545 off MSRP, so $31,000 total for a new BMW X1!!! Not bad when you consider the next lowest price new 4-door BMW, excluding Mini of course, is the 328i at $37,400, no options, including shipping!!

I am very excited and will report back when I have the VIN and start tracking my car.

I am going to pick up the car at the local dealer but then do the Performance Delivery in SC!

If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask!

hornsch
we were in the exact same situation. Our 2000 323i needs several repairs done and was starting to stress me out. We ordered the exact same thing but midnight blue and cold weather package. Im interested/anxious to see what the interior is like without the idrive and how indicators show up. The only online manual is for the one with idrive and that's all we drove. so excited as I'm sure you are too! You got lucky with one already on the ship!

On the parts and acessories front: We wanted all weather floor mats but the dealer said they cant even get them yet. Kinda lame but bmwusa doesn't have them listed either. Found that weird since as others noted they aren't really NEW cars.

Last edited by lovemygsp; 08-26-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: stupid autocorrect
Old 08-27-2012, 04:59 PM

lovemygsp- the sales guy said the idrive is still in the car even though it does not have NAV. he said the screen is the same just wo NAV.

if it was up to me i wouldn't have the screen at all, just something else that can fail. plus i am not good at the idrive, but would learn i suppose.

maybe he was mistaken? guess i'll find out soon. he has secured the one on the boat so i should be taking delivery in about a week or two!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:01 PM

Mein Auto: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsch View Post
lovemygsp- the sales guy said the idrive is still in the car even though it does not have NAV. he said the screen is the same just wo NAV.

if it was up to me i wouldn't have the screen at all, just something else that can fail. plus i am not good at the idrive, but would learn i suppose.

maybe he was mistaken? guess i'll find out soon. he has secured the one on the boat so i should be taking delivery in about a week or two!
I am pretty sure that you dont get the idrive if you didnt get the navigation.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:20 PM

Good! The easier the better for this guy!