Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 08-27-2012, 08:58 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,817
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongeek View Post
I think you sent me 47.4, at least the files all had 47.4 in the title so I am assuming they were right.
Ok, good.

You actually have 47.1 on your car, and for some inexplicable reason, 47.4 did not contain 6 CAFD files that were in 47.1, so if you need the other 5, let me know.

Right Orphan Files (6) Size Modified
-------------------------------------------------------------
cafd_0000000f.caf.005_024_220 1,006,395 6/14/2012 8:28:02 AM
cafd_0000000f.caf.005_024_221 1,004,963 6/14/2012 8:08:18 AM
cafd_0000000f.caf.005_024_222 1,005,095 6/14/2012 8:00:04 AM
cafd_00000a3f.caf.005_001_008 142,521 6/14/2012 7:06:02 AM
cafd_00000794.caf.002_020_029 6,060,497 6/14/2012 7:05:54 AM
cafd_00000794.caf.004_122_077 6,468,403 6/14/2012 6:40:58 AM
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Randeyman Randeyman is offline
Registered User
Location: Kaiserslautern, Germany
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 2013 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM Sent with D/L Links.
Shawn

I too may need the 47.7 files. I have a 2103 x3 and am in Germany, Just now got all my things together and started coding. With your previous help (and I am so ever grateful) I was able to change the radio frequencies to the European standards (instead of the US) and it really works! But I have some data display errors (when the display is showing the radio frequencies or names) and cannot figure out how to correct it. For example - some numbers appear to be doubled on a single character. i.e. a 7 and a 4 may appear on top of each other... and sometimes it looks like a check-mark is on top of a number (single digit)
Anyway - I am using 46.6 (as far as I can tell) and have had no coding errors - it may be that some other setting needs to be changed. However a link to 47.7 would be greatly appreciated

And if anyone else in the Kaiserslautern Germany area would like to get together to work on this coding stuff, please let me know....

Thanks for ALL of the help and assistance you guys provide to us newbies!!!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-27-2012, 10:37 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,817
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randeyman View Post
Shawn

I too may need the 47.7 files. I have a 2103 x3 and am in Germany, Just now got all my things together and started coding. With your previous help (and I am so ever grateful) I was able to change the radio frequencies to the European standards (instead of the US) and it really works! But I have some data display errors (when the display is showing the radio frequencies or names) and cannot figure out how to correct it. For example - some numbers appear to be doubled on a single character. i.e. a 7 and a 4 may appear on top of each other... and sometimes it looks like a check-mark is on top of a number (single digit)
Anyway - I am using 46.6 (as far as I can tell) and have had no coding errors - it may be that some other setting needs to be changed. However a link to 47.7 would be greatly appreciated

And if anyone else in the Kaiserslautern Germany area would like to get together to work on this coding stuff, please let me know....

Thanks for ALL of the help and assistance you guys provide to us newbies!!!
47.7? I want that too, but I think it is still baking in the BMW oven in Munich.

I'll send you 47.4 links now though to hold you over...

So, HU_CIC / 3002 AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC / RADIO_COUNTRY - ECE did the trick for you in that your FM Radio is now tuning in 100khz increments, and you are picking up the even FM channel center frequencies? I figured it would, but thanks for confirming it did. I will update the F10 Cheat Sheet for Rev. 4.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Randeyman Randeyman is offline
Registered User
Location: Kaiserslautern, Germany
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 2013 X3
Shawn

Got your PM. Thanks so much! And...Sorry about the 47.7 typo - I should put my glasses on when I first get up!

Yes! I can confirm the info you gave works to change the FM frequency spacing. It ALSO works on the AM band - it changed that to 9khz (rather than 10khz) so the AM works perfect. Now if I could just get rid of the random "check-marks" that show up on the display...

Additionally the scrolling function for "automatically scanned" frequenciies does not work properly. If I go to that screen, I see 10 - 15 radios frequencies that the tuner has found and normally you can just scroll thru them and select one - well the "scroll" function (the red rectulangular box) does not scroll correctly. If you go up 3 or 4 it jumps back to the bottom of the list.

(I don't know.... but perhaps Bummel can help? He is in Germany too?)

There must be something else that I need to change - I will search tonight (I am at work)

btw - the auto door unlock function works GREAT! I am soooo happy! (simple things can make a big difference)
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-28-2012, 05:22 AM
Sleb Sleb is offline
Registered User
Location: Bavaria
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: BMW
Hello,

im new on the board and i have expirience with NCS-Expert and Esys.


I have Esys 3.18.4 with PSDZDATA V46.3 an did some coding on a F10 2010

Now my friend will visit me on Sunday with his brandnew 535i (F10 2013).

Is it possible to do VIM with this version of PSDZDATA-Files?
If not, where can i find new files?

Do i need a newer Esys-Version?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-28-2012, 07:16 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,817
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randeyman View Post
Shawn

Got your PM. Thanks so much! And...Sorry about the 47.7 typo - I should put my glasses on when I first get up!

Yes! I can confirm the info you gave works to change the FM frequency spacing. It ALSO works on the AM band - it changed that to 9khz (rather than 10khz) so the AM works perfect. Now if I could just get rid of the random "check-marks" that show up on the display...

Additionally the scrolling function for "automatically scanned" frequenciies does not work properly. If I go to that screen, I see 10 - 15 radios frequencies that the tuner has found and normally you can just scroll thru them and select one - well the "scroll" function (the red rectulangular box) does not scroll correctly. If you go up 3 or 4 it jumps back to the bottom of the list.

(I don't know.... but perhaps Bummel can help? He is in Germany too?)

There must be something else that I need to change - I will search tonight (I am at work)

btw - the auto door unlock function works GREAT! I am soooo happy! (simple things can make a big difference)
There may still be other coding. One option you may want to try is to remove S645A RADIO-STEUERUNG US BMW US Radio from your VO, Write the new FA/FP to the car, and then VO CODE the CIC and see if that works.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-28-2012, 07:21 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,817
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleb View Post
Hello,

im new on the board and i have expirience with NCS-Expert and Esys.


I have Esys 3.18.4 with PSDZDATA V46.3 an did some coding on a F10 2010

Now my friend will visit me on Sunday with his brandnew 535i (F10 2013).

Is it possible to do VIM with this version of PSDZDATA-Files?
If not, where can i find new files?

Do i need a newer Esys-Version?
You need only the new PSdZData. E-Sys 3.18.4 is fine. PM Sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Randeyman Randeyman is offline
Registered User
Location: Kaiserslautern, Germany
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 2013 X3
delete

Last edited by Randeyman; 08-28-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: delete
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-28-2012, 08:08 AM
Randeyman Randeyman is offline
Registered User
Location: Kaiserslautern, Germany
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 2013 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
There may still be other coding. One option you may want to try is to remove S645A RADIO-STEUERUNG US BMW US Radio from your VO, Write the new FA/FP to the car, and then VO CODE the CIC and see if that works.
Well.. OK I sincerely appreciate the advice/suggestion. Not sure I am ready to try to change the VO just yet. I'm still a bit nervous about the changes I have made/am making. I have the .pdf file about changing the VO, but really don't fully understand it all. When I read your suggestion, it doesn't fully compute (its not you - its ME!)

I don't know how/where to remove the S654A.... from the VO.. and thats just the start.

If its somewhat "dangerous" to the car or too complicated (without very specific instructions), I'm not sure I want to try it yet. But I'm ready to learn!!!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-28-2012, 08:42 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,817
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randeyman View Post
Well.. OK I sincerely appreciate the advice/suggestion. Not sure I am ready to try to change the VO just yet. I'm still a bit nervous about the changes I have made/am making. I have the .pdf file about changing the VO, but really don't fully understand it all. When I read your suggestion, it doesn't fully compute (its not you - its ME!)

I don't know how/where to remove the S654A.... from the VO.. and thats just the start.

If its somewhat "dangerous" to the car or too complicated (without very specific instructions), I'm not sure I want to try it yet. But I'm ready to learn!!!
It really isn't. When you get more comfortable with E-Sys, PM me, and I will explain it in detail.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-28-2012, 03:15 PM
April1 April1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 185
Mein Auto: X3 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randeyman View Post
Well.. OK I sincerely appreciate the advice/suggestion. Not sure I am ready to try to change the VO just yet. I'm still a bit nervous about the changes I have made/am making. I have the .pdf file about changing the VO, but really don't fully understand it all. When I read your suggestion, it doesn't fully compute (its not you - its ME!)

I don't know how/where to remove the S654A.... from the VO.. and thats just the start.

If its somewhat "dangerous" to the car or too complicated (without very specific instructions), I'm not sure I want to try it yet. But I'm ready to learn!!!
As a first exercise to gain more confidence, try to save your FA and SVT to a local folder. And also see that you can load them back to E-Sys without reading from the car.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-28-2012, 11:50 PM
sibob sibob is offline
Registered User
Location: Germany
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: F10 535d
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
You need only the new PSdZData. PM Sent.

hey shawnsheridan

can you send me the new full 47.4 data package too?? i will experiment with the HUD Entertainment List and Telephone, cause i didnt found these options in kombi Module.
i will also ask my dealer about an update for programming with 47.x, perhaps it will work than.

thanks
sibob

Last edited by sibob; 08-28-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-29-2012, 04:45 AM
clem86 clem86 is offline
Registered User
Location: France
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: BMW
Please send me a PM with the download of 47.x too.... THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-29-2012, 05:53 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,817
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibob View Post
hey shawnsheridan

can you send me the new full 47.4 data package too?? i will experiment with the HUD Entertainment List and Telephone, cause i didnt found these options in kombi Module.
i will also ask my dealer about an update for programming with 47.x, perhaps it will work than.

thanks
sibob
Quote:
Originally Posted by clem86 View Post
Please send me a PM with the download of 47.x too.... THANKS!!!
PM's Sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Dr.Frankenstein Dr.Frankenstein is offline
Registered User
Location: Germany
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 48
Mein Auto: F11 530D
Could you please send me the link to the 47.4 PSDZdata files as well. My 530D from July 2012 also has 1 module that does not work with 46.6.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-29-2012, 01:39 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,817
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Frankenstein View Post
Could you please send me the link to the 47.4 PSDZdata files as well. My 530D from July 2012 also has 1 module that does not work with 46.6.
PM Sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Randeyman Randeyman is offline
Registered User
Location: Kaiserslautern, Germany
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 2013 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
There may still be other coding. One option you may want to try is to remove S645A RADIO-STEUERUNG US BMW US Radio from your VO, Write the new FA/FP to the car, and then VO CODE the CIC and see if that works.
Shawn

I am still going thru all the SVT to see if any other thing looks like it will help. One item of note is the fact that for FM in the US, the normal deemphasis is 75us (micro seconds) most of the rest of the world uses 50us. So I am gonna change that option - Idoubt it will do anything, but ya never know....

AND.... I finally got Jdownloader working to get all the new 47.4 files. Took a while but they are here. Thanks so much for the post and advice! Now I just need to know how to load them into esys and "move out" the 46.6 version. Do I need to re-install esys? or just unpack the rar files? Will they self install and replace the old version? I don't want to mess up what I already have...

THANKS!

Last edited by Randeyman; 08-29-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Randeyman Randeyman is offline
Registered User
Location: Kaiserslautern, Germany
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 2013 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Frankenstein View Post
Could you please send me the link to the 47.4 PSDZdata files as well. My 530D from July 2012 also has 1 module that does not work with 46.6.
Are you anywhere near K-Town? If so PM me - maybe we can share info.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-29-2012, 02:20 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,817
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randeyman View Post
Shawn

I am still going thru all the SVT to see if any other thing looks like it will help. One item of note is the fact that for FM in the US, the normal deemphasis is 75us (micro seconds) most of the rest of the world uses 50us. So I am gonna change that option - Idoubt it will do anything, but ya never know....

AND.... I finally got Jdownloader working to get all the new 47.4 files. Took a while but they are here. Thanks so much for the post and advice! Now I just need to know how to load them into esys and "move out" the 46.6 version. Do I need to re-install esys? or just unpack the rar files? Will they self install and replace the old version? I don't want to mess up what I already have...

THANKS!
Remove 46.6:
1)Delete psdzdata folder from C:\ESysData\

Install 47.4:
2) Extract psdzdata folder from 47.4 Archive
3) Copy new psdzdata folder to C:\ESysData\
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 08-29-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Randeyman Randeyman is offline
Registered User
Location: Kaiserslautern, Germany
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 2013 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Remove 46.6:
1)Delete psdzdata folder from C:\ESysData\

Install 47.4:
2) Extract psdzdata folder from 47.4 Archive
3) Copy new psdzdata folder to C:\ESysData\
Got it. THANKS (again and again!)

Will give an update on things in a day or two - today is my Anniversary - so the wife is top priority!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-30-2012, 07:51 AM
April1 April1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 185
Mein Auto: X3 2011
Celebrate!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-02-2012, 03:23 PM
crazyiven crazyiven is offline
Registered User
Location: Germany
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: E90 LCI 335d
Hi!

I want to code a F30 but my PSDZData is to old, can some please send me the links for the 47.4 Version? That would be very nice, thanks

Btw cool board ... was using another but i think i will switch to this
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-03-2012, 01:45 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,817
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyiven View Post
Hi!

I want to code a F30 but my PSDZData is to old, can some please send me the links for the 47.4 Version? That would be very nice, thanks

Btw cool board ... was using another but i think i will switch to this
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-03-2012, 06:47 AM
crazyiven crazyiven is offline
Registered User
Location: Germany
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: E90 LCI 335d
Thx
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-03-2012, 02:09 PM
user4970 user4970 is offline
Registered User
Location: NA
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: F30 328i
Here the same issue
want to code F30 but only some modules were shown

HU_CIC is missing which contains many features which i want to code
actually ive 46.3 and 46.6 both arent good for me

could you send me 47.4 please
are these 6 cafd-files which are in 47.1 and in 47.4 missing important?
do i need them?

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms