Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Custom User

Mein Auto: X1
Justin works at New Century BMW in Alhambra CA. But you can find them all in the Ask A Dealer forum as well.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Custom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerized View Post
when nogotiating a deal over the invoice price, don't forget that maco (national advertising fees that most, but not all dealers participate in) and training fees are typically consideree part of the invoice price. However, the invoice prices publicized over the internet do not include these fees and therefore the 7-8% markup to msrp does not take into account the need for dealers to pay this fee so they aren't making 7-8%.

Be sure to clarify whether the invoice price your are negotiating relative to includes these fees to be sure you are comparing apples to apples.
+1
Old 08-24-2012, 02:48 PM

Mein Auto: Hyundai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisker View Post
I was lucky to get 7.1% off by negotiating the price over the email/phone. i.e. excluding the Team USA and other discounts. You will have to cast a wide net. Start with two dealers closer to your place. Go visit them, Get the best price, go back negotiate and tell them you are about to pull the trigger and ask them to sharpen their pencils and get u the final price. Its important to visit the first two dealership to let them know that you are a serious buyer. Talk to them at your own terms. Before they tell you how 'HOT' the car is, you tell them everything you know about the CAR. Yeah granted it is HOT right now, thanks in large to the pent up demand and 2-3 years waiting period. However, there is no way to predict how the American masses are going to react. At the end of the day it is still a glorified Station Wagon. Anyways, once you get the final price from them, increase your search radius and go to two new dealers. One at a time, give them your best price and ask them to beat it. I would do that atleast with 8 - 10 dealers(no need to make trips to new dealers), before you cant move any lower. Some might just flatly refuse to entertain you, while others would want you to share information about the current offer. Some dealers wont give you the price in writing/email. You will have to get creative to get the pricing down in email. Anyways, long story short, Everything is possible. You just need to persevere and do your homework. With every conversation with new dealer you will be better equipped to handle the next.

P.S. Final price was almost 12% off MSRP after including rebates, discounts and promos.

Great deal! how close were you to ED Invoice? Was there any other incentives that was part of the 12% off?
Old 08-26-2012, 09:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X1
Our x1 deal: s28i, metallic paint, leatherette, and cold weather package.1200 off msrp then used 750 loyalty discount. total: $30845
Old 08-26-2012, 09:38 PM

Mein Auto: MINI Cooper S
Update to getting our Alpine White X1 sDrive28i with premium package.

So far I have been unable to get 6-7% off MSRP, sadly we're at 3.9%

It also looks like we will have to order it from Germany so delivery is estimated to be 8-10 weeks out.

We have never owned a BMW so we missed out on a $1000 drive event early August and obviously we don't get the $750 loyalty discount either. It annoys me that new Bimmer owners have ZERO incentive to get into the brand.

We own a MINI Cooper S, but I guess BMW doesn't care about that.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can convince BMW to give us a new owner incentive?
Old 08-26-2012, 09:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by islands0n View Post
Update to getting our Alpine White X1 sDrive28i with premium package.

So far I have been unable to get 6-7% off MSRP, sadly we're at 3.9%

It also looks like we will have to order it from Germany so delivery is estimated to be 8-10 weeks out.

We have never owned a BMW so we missed out on a $1000 drive event early August and obviously we don't get the $750 loyalty discount either. It annoys me that new Bimmer owners have ZERO incentive to get into the brand.

We own a MINI Cooper S, but I guess BMW doesn't care about that.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can convince BMW to give us a new owner incentive?
You might not like hearing this but if you are looking for incentives it might be best to wait a few months. Nov/ dec will be prime time especially since this is a 2013. That car will probably be a standard lot car and you can buy if then. The other thing you can try is catching the demo version at a dealer and negotiating on that.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:11 PM

Mein Auto: MINI Cooper S
Since delivery date is looking like early November for an ordered car, I have no problem waiting to buy until then. The demos we've seen looked a little worn out and it's in that off white color which isn't what we want.

Do u have any idea what type of incentives we can expect in Nov/Dec? Hopefully they include new to BMW buyers...

I always thought dealers were more "motivated" to cut a deal around Labor Day to make room for new inventory? I was hoping some dealer would do it to "make" their sales goal numbers
Old 08-27-2012, 06:10 AM
Custom User

Drive for team USA is for everyone, not just BMW owners, so if you can still find an event you should go. There's also a College Grad discount and sometimes they do have "Conquest" cash specifically for buyers who come from their competing brands (Audi, Benz, etc).

For the full BMW experience and a hefty discount, do Euro Delivery. On top of that Fest sponsors will give you a great price. And sign up for BMWCCA to get their rebates.

This site is a gold mine and will save you lots of money in the long run. So Welcome and stick around!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:41 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by islands0n View Post
Since delivery date is looking like early November for an ordered car, I have no problem waiting to buy until then. The demos we've seen looked a little worn out and it's in that off white color which isn't what we want.

Do u have any idea what type of incentives we can expect in Nov/Dec? Hopefully they include new to BMW buyers...

I always thought dealers were more "motivated" to cut a deal around Labor Day to make room for new inventory? I was hoping some dealer would do it to "make" their sales goal numbers

I will tell you this my friend... I never promised to be the cheapest game in town...I m not going to worry all too much if you decide to shop my quote and i get beat...I know my offers are beyond fair and reaseaonable. Im upfront with my quotes and everything is in black and white.

What I can tell you is when purchased from me it will be the most stress free ordering to delivery process you will ever have.

Good luck with your search!

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675

Click here to email me!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:08 PM

Mein Auto: N/A
I will be taking the delivery tomorrow. Anyone has any last minute suggestions about handling the finance guy at the dealership?? From what I hear people have gotten the tires and wheels protection? How much a new set of RFT cost? And how often can we expect to change them? Also, any other options/warranties might worth considering for north east drivers? Thanks!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
RFT tires are not cheap e.g. the MSport 18" for the xDrive28i cost $1306 plus tax. Other lower price X1 models seems to be around $1000 for a set of RFTs. I have always bought the wheel and tire insurance and, because I live in Texas where the roads are often filled with trucks full of gravel and there is a lot of debris on the road, I buy the windshield insurance since they are very expensive to replace. My recommendation is to buy the insurance.

2012 Space Grey 528i MSport
2013 Valencia Orange X1 xDrive28i
Old 08-30-2012, 10:42 AM

Mein Auto: German Cars
Northeast US dealers seem to have more flexibility than other regions based on the posts to date. For me, offers have ranged from 2-5% off MSRP for nicely loaded configs ($44-$46k). Fairly predictable behavior - big city dealer started from MSRP, said they wouldn't move because of the "hot" car, but eventually said $1k off. Smaller dealers were more forthright and gave an aggressive bid earlier. Was able to match/beat aggressive bid at 3rd dealer.

Went with the sales associate who treated me most fairly and transparently (wasn't quite the lowest bid, but very close). For me, behavior has value in any business transaction. Final price with drive incentive was 7.4% off MSRP. Good luck to all...
Old 08-30-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@NCBMW View Post
I What I can tell you is when purchased from me it will be the most stress free ordering to delivery process you will ever have.

Good luck with your search!
I wish you were my CA. I have had nothing but stress. The first order was wrong so I had to reorder. Since I had to wait a few extra weeks I asked them to add some features. Just checked the online tracker and they screwed up the second order. I don't know what to do any more. I should probably get my deposit back and forget about buying a BMW.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:51 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfex View Post
I wish you were my CA. I have had nothing but stress. The first order was wrong so I had to reorder. Since I had to wait a few extra weeks I asked them to add some features. Just checked the online tracker and they screwed up the second order. I don't know what to do any more. I should probably get my deposit back and forget about buying a BMW.
You can not rely on the online tracker...that may not be current. It may still show the previous vehicles' info before the modification.

Contact your CA have him/her email you the build sheet with production # if its still in 111/112 status or vin # if its in 150 status. Double check the details to make sure its correct. Orders are placed everyday and its easy to miss details when its not double checked by both you and your CA.

GL

Ordering a new BMW should be not stressful but exciting...it is our job to stress over the orders not the buyers

I always triple check orders and email my customers the build sheet for confirmation. Its easy to correct errors when ordering but too late once the car is in production

(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675

Click here to email me!

Last edited by Justin@NCBMW; 08-30-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@NCBMW View Post

Ordering a new BMW should be not stressful but exciting...it is our job to stress over the orders not the buyers

I always triple check orders and email my customers the build sheet for confirmation. Its easy to correct errors when ordering but too late once the car is in production
Thanks Justin but I checked with the CA at South Bay BMW after the online tracker alerted me to the problem. She sent the build order and it confirmed the order problem. The issue was that my CA was on vacation and when I emailed the Internet sales manager with the changes he wrote back no problem and put in the order without sending a build order to double check. He didn't read my email fully and just placed it. I'm so pissed I'm ready to walk away and if I lose any of my deposit so be it. It would be preferable than dealing with them again. I'll probably be contact you if they don't fix it.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:20 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfex View Post
Thanks Justin but I checked with the CA at South Bay BMW after the online tracker alerted me to the problem. She sent the build order and it confirmed the order problem. The issue was that my CA was on vacation and when I emailed the Internet sales manager with the changes he wrote back no problem and put in the order without sending a build order to double check. He didn't read my email fully and just placed it. I'm so pissed I'm ready to walk away and if I lose any of my deposit so be it. It would be preferable than dealing with them again. I'll probably be contact you if they don't fix it.
In CA deposits are fully refundable...

If the car has not reached 150 then changes can still be made...GL

(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675

Click here to email me!