Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-27-2012, 08:19 PM
flyingDman flyingDman is online now
Registered User
Location: California
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: 335i (soon....)
Power seats w/ memory; an option?

The BMWUSA website allows you to select the power seats w/ memory as an option (@$995). The X1 Ordering Guide does not seem to allow you to do that and the only way to get power seats w/ memory is if you order the Premium Package. Bmwconfig.com also does not allow you to select is as a standalone option. So, is the BMWUSA website wrong?
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 08-27-2012, 09:49 PM
bimmerized bimmerized is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: N. CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 312
Mein Auto: 97 E36M/4
are you using the build feature? I would say yes it is wrong, but all things are subject to change so it doesn't hurt to ask your CA. I wish it had been available as a stand alone when I ordered. My CA said that it wasn't available. That's the only thing I really wanted from the Prem Pkg.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Justin@NCBMW Justin@NCBMW is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 847
Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingDman View Post
The BMWUSA website allows you to select the power seats w/ memory as an option (@$995). The X1 Ordering Guide does not seem to allow you to do that and the only way to get power seats w/ memory is if you order the Premium Package. Bmwconfig.com also does not allow you to select is as a standalone option. So, is the BMWUSA website wrong?
Yes you can order it as a stand alone option for s/x 28i for 995.00
__________________
Justin W.
Lease Portfolio/ED Manager
New Century BMW ~ 7 Time Center of Excellence recipient 2013 PIA winner

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675


Click here to email me!


M6GC in stock...come by for a look!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Justin@NCBMW Justin@NCBMW is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 847
Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerized View Post
are you using the build feature? I would say yes it is wrong, but all things are subject to change so it doesn't hurt to ask your CA. I wish it had been available as a stand alone when I ordered. My CA said that it wasn't available. That's the only thing I really wanted from the Prem Pkg.
really...your ca said that? When did you order?
__________________
Justin W.
Lease Portfolio/ED Manager
New Century BMW ~ 7 Time Center of Excellence recipient 2013 PIA winner

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675


Click here to email me!


M6GC in stock...come by for a look!

Last edited by Justin@NCBMW; 08-28-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-29-2012, 07:21 PM
flyingDman flyingDman is online now
Registered User
Location: California
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: 335i (soon....)
Thanks Justin
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:52 PM
bimmerized bimmerized is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: N. CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 312
Mein Auto: 97 E36M/4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@NCBMW View Post
really...your ca said that? When did you order?
what is the option code? I ordered in June. The Pricing and Ordering guides dated July 1, don't list it as an option. Perhaps there is a newer revision now...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Justin@NCBMW Justin@NCBMW is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 847
Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerized View Post
what is the option code? I ordered in June. The Pricing and Ordering guides dated July 1, don't list it as an option. Perhaps there is a newer revision now...
July 1st AM ordering guide no but July 1st PM ordering guide yes

As of Aug production (459) power front seats with memory may be ordered a la carte
__________________
Justin W.
Lease Portfolio/ED Manager
New Century BMW ~ 7 Time Center of Excellence recipient 2013 PIA winner

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675


Click here to email me!


M6GC in stock...come by for a look!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-30-2012, 07:09 PM
lovemygsp lovemygsp is offline
Registered User
Location: Upstate SC/WNC
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 75
Mein Auto: 2013 X1
Thanks to this thread we ended up reordering my car... I didn't even know BMW made cars without power seats. We called our CA and our car had already gone into production so they had to order us a new one. She felt bad for not going over it with us and we just assumed they were power without memory which was why you had to buy the memory option. Guess that was a lesson learned. So anyone else looking to but it.... Unless you order this option the seats are ALL manual, as in levers like a cheap kia or something.

Last edited by lovemygsp; 08-30-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Justin@NCBMW Justin@NCBMW is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 847
Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygsp View Post
Thanks to this thread we ended up reordering my car... I didn't even know BMW made cars without power seats. We called our CA and our car had already gone into production so they had to order us a new one. She felt bad for not going over it with us and we just assumed they were power without memory which was why you had to buy the memory option. Guess that was a lesson learned. So anyone else looking to but it.... Unless you order this option the seats are ALL manual, as in levers like a cheap kia or something.
Good for you

BTW, KIAs are not that cheap anymore
__________________
Justin W.
Lease Portfolio/ED Manager
New Century BMW ~ 7 Time Center of Excellence recipient 2013 PIA winner

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675


Click here to email me!


M6GC in stock...come by for a look!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:28 AM
flyingDman flyingDman is online now
Registered User
Location: California
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: 335i (soon....)
I am glad as started this thread. It prevented at least one mistake!... (thanks Justin). It seems that there are 2 different Ordering Guides out there. Can somebody post the 2nd and latest one? I downloaded 2 from 2 different sites but they appear to be the same (the one not listing 459 as an option).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms