Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW Motorcycles (aka Beemers) and the Competition

BMW Motorcycles (aka Beemers) and the Competition
Have an interest in BMW motorcycles or just motorcycles in general? Discuss the line of BMW motorcycles and how they may compare to the rest of the competition in this forum!

Old 08-16-2012, 08:18 AM

Mein Auto: 1997 328i vert
My new around town ride

I have a 97 e36 but picked up this guy for 850 bucks. Wasnt running when i got there and I checked it out knowing the problem and got the guy to go down 200 bucks. Once i got home I replaced the kill switch wire and boom she ran great. Only goes 40ish but really fun! I sold my old vw a while ago and the bmw never has problems so I really needed something to wrench on
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1345130232.061127.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	337122   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1345130263.417863.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	337123  
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2012, 08:19 AM

Cool or lame? Its a 1965 yamaha, people around town dig it but elitist yamaha guys ****ing hate that its been painted and messed with by the PO
Old 08-16-2012, 08:22 AM

Thanks admin for moving this thread. I appologize I wasnt aware that there was a motorcycle forum
Old 08-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 535i sport
It's a classic; a functioning one at that, which is quite cool.

If I were you I would probably do some DIY work to restore the appearance back to the original look. Old classic deserves to be brought back to the original form.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Ben View Post
It's a classic; a functioning one at that, which is quite cool.

If I were you I would probably do some DIY work to restore the appearance back to the original look. Old classic deserves to be brought back to the original form.
Yeah Im thinking about it. This is the first bike ive ever owned but also the first one ive ever ridden. I like the look of it right now but like you said the more I learn about them, the more ill want it back to original